US$ 191
US$ 120
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 August 2015

for US$ 50 you get free airport pick up and drop off which I really appreciated ; the rooms are nothing flash but good; the food , breakfast and dinner is included , is nor bad either filling , and the staff is super friendly; you even can get tours with this guys, what else would you want; G.H feels pretty secure ;

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Johann N
Reviewed 17 November 2014

Seriously, the expensive places are popular targets anyway, and for the price you can't beat the service, with airport pick up and drop off, breakfast and dinner. I was put in a huge room which was comfortable enough. The bathrooms are shared but that was never an issue. Breakfast was OK, and dinner wasn't bad either, especially the first night when we had this tasty chicken dish. It gives you a chance to speak with the other guests as well.
I'm a 47-year old short Caucasian, and I think I was the only tourist in the country unfortunately. But I walked around the neighbourhood alone, made it to the Bagh-e Babur gardens on my own, walked out to the zoo and explored the immediate surrounding area and I felt fine. I also was offered tea by several people (which I should have taken, the tea turned out to be very good I later discovered).
They can arrange excursions which I found to be a bit on the pricey side, but since everything else is a steal and the money goes to a good cause it wasn't a problem. I went to Massoud's tomb, about 3 hours north of Kabul, for $250. It was really amazing, and the scenery was incredible--I am so glad that I did it since who knows when I'll make it back to Kabul!
Most importantly, I felt perfectly safe.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
9  Thank Canuckker
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I've had the honor of organizing international educational journeys to Kabul and Afghanistan for over a decade. Assuring the visitors and their families of their well being, comfort and safety is no easy task. Yet i can personally and professionally attest that the community behind the Guest House take our needs seriously. The Guest House is an oasis. It is peaceful and the staff very hospitable. Those that know me, know i don't give out recommendations lightly. Thus when you go to Kabul give them your well deserved support as a business and be delighted that your tourism dollars are also going to a great cause!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
11  Thank Malia E
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I was a bit apprehensive about staying in Kabul, but the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff here helped put me at my ease. The price is very reasonable, especially when you factor in the airport pickup and dropoff, and having both breakfast and dinner served (both very nice BTW, including the best mango I have ever eaten). The location also seemed good, with nearby security available as a nearby property belongs to a government minister.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Tyche75
Reviewed 7 February 2012

After lengthy research I discover the Afghans for Tomorrow website (A4T), an educational organization, dedicated to provide education to Afghan children, but they also run a small guesthouse with five rooms for added income. I immediately realized that I had found my place. They are located in a quiet and peaceful Kabul neighborhood away from the noisy hustle and bustle of downtown Kabul. They will pick you up at the airport and also drop you off. A very nice breakfast and dinner is included, cooked and served up by their in-house cook, who will also cook lunch for you, on request, for a very reasonable amount. Coffee or tea are available around the clock. They also do laundry. My room was spacious and comfortable and although there was a shared bathroom, in this case it did not bother me at all, because it was kept spotlessly clean. For your convenience there is wifi, but also a computer on hand, for those who travel without. The guesthouse has lots of helpful individuals around, each with only one thing in mind, to make you feel safe and comfortable. They will arrange for tours and daytrips with their own associated guides and driver and will give you helpful advice for local travel. All in all, this was much better than I expected and were I to return to Afghanistan and Kabul, there would be no place I'd rather stay than at the A4T guesthouse. More on my website: cosmic-pearl.com

NOTES: Because of the security situation in Kabul, I am adding a couple of notes that will be helpful in your travel decision and regarding some of your security concerns:

When you arrive at the Kabul airport, don't even waste time waiting for someone from your hotel/guesthouse to come and pick you up. Can't happen because outside of military, government, and certain NGOs no Afghans are allowed in the terminal area, nor in the parking lot outside of the gate. You will have to go through three gates until you see a large number of Afghans waiting to find your driver with the card with your name on it. When departing, you will discover that taxis and others can only get you so close. They'll drop you outside by a security station where young boys with wheelbarrows will offer to take your luggage to the airport. They do that for about $1 or the Afghan equivalent. They can use the money, so let them help you and it will make the long walk much easier.

For local transportation they recommended a company that will get you safely and in comfort to your destination in new or nearly new vehicles, around town. It will cost you two dollars more per trip than the questionable and usually delapidated taxis charge, and you are guaranteed to arrive where you plan to go. This is the Afghan Logistics Company and can be reached here: [--]. They will come and pick you up at your location and take you back to the A4T. For example, were you to explore the Chicken Street area, a great meeting spot every driver knows is the M.Shaw Bookstore at the roundabout, just outside of the military barricade and about 50m from the entrance of Chicken St. On top of that, M. Shah's bookstore is packed with English language books and a great place to grab a book, if you need one.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo