“Error's with travel operator and just a basic hotel”

Iliessa Beach Hotel
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Argassi
monaghan
“Error's with travel operator and just a basic hotel”
Reviewed 17 April 2010

Myself and my daughter actually landed in this hotel by mistake my daughter had actually booked and paid to stay in the puerto illessa down the road and we pointed this out to the rep and we were practically called liars, its a nice enough hotel but i have walking dificulties and there's no lift to the upper levels and no porter to help with bags so i had to try and drag myself and my bags up 2 flights of stairs and the receptionist who showed us to our room just walked on looking exasperated that i was pretty slow.
rooms were small barely room for me and my daughter to move around, pool not great really just basic and we just lay in the gardens but a good point is you cant get much closer to the sea than there its practically at the back door. mostly all german people staying when we stayed. breakfast pretty basic too..hope you like croissants.
we ate out every night, but all in all it was a nice holiday but there are nicer places to stay like the hotel we had initially paid for. we complained when we got home and only got offered 100 euro compensation for the travel companies error and the price difference. rip off big time.
i went back then in 2008 and stayed in the windmill apts - so much better.

• Stayed September 2007
1 Thank Sandra L
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 27 February 2010

Ir was a new hotel when i first went yrats ago and still had a lot to learn on what guest requirements were. But it was fun also.

Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 2 October 2009

Before I left I read the past reviews and I was a little worried to say the least. I arrived with my wife and almost two year old daughter. The rooms were small and I was a little bemused that I had to pay 20 euro for a small bar fridge which was necessary for my childs food. Thomas Cook dont mention this in their prices as well as the safe. I agree with the rest of the reviews that the manager needs a bit of lesson in effective customer interaction.
Apart from the negatives the hotel is right on the water (not much sandy beach) and very close to a range of restaurants, bars and shops. I will mention that the bar manager, Nick was the person who made this hotel experience all worth while. His friendly manner and brilliant work ethic was first class, a wasted talent for such an average. hotel!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank H0ff
manchester
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Just arrived back from IIiessa beach and very upset with Thomas Cook for putting this hotel in the brochure. The hotel is very nice and the rooms are spotless the maids clean every day, the pool was spotless only trouble was there was only another two British families in the whole complex so if you are thinking of going with children you should think about elsewhere as there wasnt any british children. It shouldnt even be in the brochure it wasnt family friendly at all. I dont think the manager liked the british because as soon as seven oclock came he ordered us out of the pool but all the other guests used it at night.
On the last day i took one hotel towel down to the pool and the manager took it of me but all the other guests used theirs all week.
I wouldnt mind but only the 3 british families were spending money at the pool bar.
Breakfast was awful only went the first day Had breakfast at Legends across the road only 3.55 euros.
There is no entertainment in the hotel.
We were lucky the other two British families were great and we had a good laugh.
Wont go again.

• Liked — Good location
  • Disliked — the manager
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
7 Thank morgan8550
argassi
Reviewed 15 July 2008

Im just back from a fortnight in argassi, the hotel was ok, nice friendly staff behind the bar and the location was perfect, my only problem was the hotel manager. His attitude was terrible and the only thing this man cares about is money, he even had the maids switching our air conditioning off to save him money, you have to pay to use the fridge in your room. (20 euro's per week) and if you request extra towels there 5 euro's each also, feel sorry for the workers as they are treated like slaves because they are from albania, Wont ever be returning and would advise against using this hotel

• Liked — the bar staff, bukuri and tani were really nice people
  • Disliked — the manager