All reviews self catering hole golf course place units sea end guests
Reviewed 31 March 2017

We were staying in one of the wonderful beach houses nearby and thought of giving the golf club restaurant a try.
Great position, the only guests, good service but lousy burgers. The meat must have been frozen during the last ice age. It "tasted " very rubbery old mammoth steak.
Have never had a burger like that and frankly I'm sure I'll never have a worse one.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2017

The property was clearly started as just a Golf Club with a superb setting and view of the ocean. Then someone had the brilliant idea to add accommodation rooms to the Club House, got an architect (I think) involved, built it, then sat back for the visitors to stream in. Apparently no thought was given to the hospitality management aspect of providing accommodation.
We were welcomed by friendly staff who gave us the key to our room. No assistance with carrying luggage to our room on the first floor. (Both my wife and I are in our seventies.) Our charge included breakfast every morning, but everything (yes, EVERYTHING) closed mid-morning Xmas Eve and only re-opened Boxing Day morning. (No shops in the vicinity either.) No refund offered either.
Getting the room made up was another hiccup. Contrary to expectation, one actually has to REQUEST this service (every day), and even then it was dicey.
Soap end shampoo containers abound, but they are empty. Bring your own or beg at Reception.
Electricity supply and water pressure is unreliable. No emergency generator. Baby candles are provided (3), but no matches or lighters! (Use your own, if you have.) And water pressure appears to be reliant on in-line pressure pumps - electrically driven of course.
The setting is superb, the rooms well designed (but with limited facilities), but te management ,,,

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawie B
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Nice place to stay. The surrounding places are beautiful and breathtaking. The hotel was nothing to write home about. There was no fridge in the rooms and you have to pay extra to clean your room. Bed linen was not clean and not enough towels in the room. Its clear that they don't really need new business. The staff was not very friendly and not knowledgeable about the surrounding places and activities. They just handed the key and say have a nice stay. Will still recommend the area. Its a hidden gem. With proper management that place can become world class.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2015

What a gem of a place. Well worth the visit. Very friendly staff. Amazing 9 hole golf course. Hopefully they will get some self catering units in the near future. Cant wait to return again as this Place is truly worth every cent spent.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2015

My Happy Place:
When I close my eyes and visualize me being in the perfect place – my happy place – somewhere out there far Away from it all. To somewhat of a surprise this happy place indeed exist.
Being from Port Elizabeth – FYNBOS GOLF ESTATE IS INDEED MY HAPPY PLACE – just about more than one hours ’ drive from PE - most magical views of the sea - the most awesome smell of the Fynbos.
As noted “ the best kept secret of Tsitsikamma” I almost don’t want to write this review – don’t want anyone else to want to go there too – I want this place all to myself – I indeed recommend Fynbos Golf and Country Estate – you don’t need to be a golfer to enjoy the stay
If you love untouched nature – looking for that small get away break from it ALL – you would most definitely enjoy the stay.
Treat yourself to a nice stroll down to the Eersterivierstrand , breathtakingly beautiful private beach – take note !!! what goes down must go up !!! LOL
The Estate is in the process where self-catering units will be available soon - 
A special thank you to John for making us feel part of the family – thank you to you CJ and the team for the best weekend ever !!!! and a most grateful thank you to John and his lovely wife Talita for assisting us when we had car trouble. May you be blessed.
Lizell and Rudi from PE