A modern building with stunning views to one side and brilliant staff who helped iron out some of the glitches. Room on 2nd floor was large and comfortable but very noisy all evening and from early morning due to the kitchen being directly above. Were moved to another room, somewhat dark and dingy with less up-to-date fittings (for example, an old-style small TV as opposed to the large flatscreen in first room). Restaurant was bustling and friendly, buffet food was varied and the chef gave us a dish-by-dish tour to decide whether to go a la carte or not. Location down a steep hill with longish walk to city centre - offset by stunning views from upper floors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amidst such lush green hilly terrains, a breathtaking topography and misty mountains, emerges The Royal Plaza [A Sarovar Hotel] at Gangtok, the Capital of Sikkim. This luxury hotel is ideally located and one of its kind in all of Sikkim and the North East. The Royal Plaza aptly complements the exotic locale. It provides a magnificent view of a valley with a tributary of the Teesta River and an extension of the Khanchendzonga Range from the guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ClearTrip, Hotels.com, TravelGuru and Expedia so you can book your The Royal Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Plaza Hotel Gangtok
- The Royal Plaza Gangtok, Sikkim