“Awesome and Chilled trip of Sikkim”

Sikkim Tours and Travels
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Specializing in Trekking, birdwatching, tours with commitment to serve in excellent and gentle manner.
Reviewed 8 July 2018

I could have been written my review long back (4 month before), But I feel it’s better to be late than never. It has been 4 months we are back to our busy lives after a beautiful trip to the untouched paradise Sikkim, Actually I planned Sikkim tour with my wife in month of Feb-2018,So I searched in Google and found "Sikkim Tour and Travels" contact details and I called Mr.Lukendra and got all details, I want to mention here that he is very nice, humble and approachable person as well he is very prompt in replying on mail as well on call. I must say here, which is a very good quality.
you fill that someone is listing to your queries and responding on time and guiding you, since you doesn’t know that place, people and environment.
Mr. Lukendra manage everything properly and on systematic way which included all arrangements like hotel,car bookings, permits right from when we reached bagdogra airport.we had made the intermarry for gangtok, Tsogmo lake, Nathula, Lanchung , Yumthang Valley and Zero point over the period of 6 days. Though because of bad whether we were not able to see those place.Hotel in Gangtok "Le Perimula" and “Etho-Meetho” was very nice and hotel staff was even better ,food was very tasty.
Now I want to say somting about Mr.Upendra who was driving for us right from Bagdogra-gangtok to east and north sikkim. I want to say a Big thanks to him.u are a very humble ,nice persone and drived so nicely and answered all our queries on the way which we were asking as well your song collection which you were playing throughout our trip was supeerrbbbbbbb...we enjoyed it alot.You drived so nicely took us safely and on time and so experienced in driving skills.
Thank you so much again Mr.Lukendra and Mr. Upendra to make our trip memorable and a hassle free trip with all arrangements done by you for us.
Sikkim is very beautiful, and you people make it more more worthy a place to visit.
I will strongly recommend "Sikkim Tour and Travels" for Sikkim tour, when ever i will make next tour i will go with "Sikkim Tour and Travels"

Date of experience: February 2018
"early morning drive"
"comfortable trip"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 24 June 2018

From the onset, information shared by Lukendra before we reached Gangtok was precise. Planning aspect was good, although there was little bit of struggle due to availability of vehicles and drivers on time in morning (slight delay in starting during day- may be due to extremely heavy tourist inflow).
Vehicles given were ok, for North Sikkim both driver (Passan) and vehicle was in good shape
Overall quite satisfied by Lukendra's personal involvement and hospitality which made this trip one of the most memorable trip.

3  Thank vmanchanda
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

To begin with , the agent is not easily accessible for quotes and information before one actually lands up or can finalize a plan to make the trip. Out of 3 numbers mentioned on the website , only one works and it will take several calls to get to him.
We missed our flight from mumbai and had to postpone to the next day.
Mr.Lukendra, was kind enough to make the arrangements as required with the itinerary and pick up accordingly.
The hotel, le primula , isn’t one of the bests, I doubt I will return to the hotel in my next visit . Unclean carpets and poor drain system of the bathroom create a mess in the bathroom/ toilet.
I am not sure if it is the season time, hence all the pickups were “Always” about one and half hr late . Other families who stayed in the hotel and chatted with me , took it for granted to be ready an hour late each day post the mentioned time by the agent.
When I read earlier reviews about the same agent for sending pickups on time, I think they travelled in the off season and also why I couldn’t experience the same.
The overall, waiting for other cars , during trips , while one doesn’t even see them at the final destination works a total mess.
The initial vehicle given to me was a Sumo, and I could write stories about the horrible experience was we were one of the few cars that couldn’t pass the mucky situation of the land slide.The other cars who did not make it were cars with low clearance which is pathetic as the agent did not even see the car before sending us off to the remote area of sikkim .
The overall experience was pathetic with the driver , leaving my 60 year old Mum and I waiting while he had no plans to move ahead to Lachen in the middle of the night.
The trip spiraled upwards only after I was pissed and argued immensely with Lukendra .
My refusal to travel in the Sumo, which also had a tank leak , windows that couldn’t be closed and opened, 2 out of 3 passenger doors opened only from outside , led him to send me a Xylo the next day and my trip went on well after that .
My advice is : do not travel to north sikkim as the roads are pathetic if the car given isn’t good and in good condition.
Will I recommend this company and agent to anyone in the future ? Big no !

Date of experience: June 2018
Sikkim87tours, Owner at Sikkim Tours and Travels, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

There was a massive land slide-many vehicle got stuck up in the slide and got damaged the vehicles. Risk factor was very high , 6 of our group were stuck up including this reviewer who had elderly mother with her. We decided to keep our guest in Mangan a town close to slide zone. We decided to ply only next day. We were in touch with the drivers constantly. We knew exactly what was going on and our friends vehicles were also stranded there. We all were planning the next step. This girl did not know that we were in constant touch with drivers of most vehicles. She was bent on going to Lachen even after seeing the condition of the road. It was risky so we decided to keep them in Mangan and not venture out in the middle of the night. Drivers were instructed to take them to different hotels. We kept them in a decent hotel in Mangan and provided a new car the next day and completed the tour successfully. When things become risky and life is in danger, it is no point travelling further.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

We got a very good experience during our trip. I'm totally satisfied with Mr. Lukendra and team. Their dedication, hospitality ,punctuality are very much appreciable.
Vacation @ Sikkim- the land of mystique and beauty.
Visited Kanchenjunga the side view of Himalayas.
Gangtok it's Capital,Tibet Monastery, the famous River Teesta flowing from Himalayas passing through the densely forest there by turning Green in Colour, full of medicinal properties. Northern parts - Lachen, Lachung towns high altitudes terrains under the control of Indian Army.
Zero point at freezing minus Zero temperature showering with snow, gurudongmar lake @ 17000 feet above sea level one of the highest altitude lake in the world , Changu Lake the highest point bordering China,Nathula Pass 14000 feet above sea level last check point beyond which Civilians aren't allowed, the route to Kailash manasarovar.

Enjoyed with family the exotic treat this summer.

2  Thank SubhaRajGanesh
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 May 2018

It has been two days we are back to our busy lives after a beautiful trip to the untouched paradise sikkim. and i m very thankful to mr lukendra for organising a wonderful trip ..with all bookings, permits and arrangements available right from when we reached bagdogra airport.
he was really prompt in answering all my queries right from the day i contacted either through mails or telephonically.
Even in such a peak season time he was able to arrange permits for all promised places esp for nathula where 75 cars get permit only.
He met us each day during our stay at gangtok. we had made the iternary for gangtok, Tsogmo lake, Nathula, Lanchung , Yumthang Valley and Zero point over the period of 6 days.
Though the trip is hectic in view of long travelling hours but the journey and the destinations with sightseeing are so beautiful that it takes all the tiredness away....
All thankx to lukendra ji and all his drivers to took us safely, were in time and so experienced in their driving skills.
A special thankx to Upender ji who was driving for us right from gangtok to east and north sikkim...i m sorry for i couldnt convey my thankx before you left...u were a humble ,nice and drived so nicely and answered all our queries on the way....
Lukendra ji sikkim is beautiful but arranging a hassle free trip with all arrangements made by you made it even more worthy a place to visit.
will love to travel with you sikkim tours and travels whnever we plan next for pelling, kalimpong and darjeeling....

1  Thank VidhiM66