Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews lovely mother mg marg homely stay steep climb excellent hospitality veg and non veg elderly people memorable experience main road karma homestay kanchenjunga peak market sightseeing bamboo taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 May 2019 via mobile

This a very peaceful place , in lap of nature. I was amazed to see this nice, cozy place which is only 10-15 min walk from MG Marg. I stayed there one night and in the morning I was awaken by chirping of the birds. I couldn't believe this place actually resides in middle of the town. It has a big terrace with great view (if mother nature blesses you with sunny weather). The host Karma and his mother are very warm people. I enjoyed every bit of it. Only downside was my room. I was a cozy little tiny room however the room was very damp. Otherwise my stay was great here.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2019

The stay was nice. The location is also in center of the city & walkable from the main market of MG Road. The hospitality is excellent and surely will recommend the stay here and experience the same. The breakfast is good.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed 25 April 2019 via mobile

Visited the place with my friends and a kid in the month of April 19'. Following were the pros and cons of our stay..
Pros-- Very hospitable staff.Mr Karma arranged vehicles for us and also helped planning the trip.Home made food especially the breakfast spread was very delicious.Mrs.Namgyal was ever helpful.They provided boiled egg every morning for the child.The room had a beautiful view and the washroom had all modern amenities.The decor of the place needs a special mention.A nice garden adorns the place and an outdoor seating area gives an unobstructed view of mountains, clouds and the valley beyond.
Cons:Faced water crisis during our stay. However this might be an exception because while booking never did I come across this crisis in the previous reviews.The road leading to the place was quite elevated hense not advisable for the elderly, sick and also for small children(you might have to carry them which would make the walk even more difficult)
In short the place and our stay was a pleasant one.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2019 via mobile

The Shire is a good place to stay in Gangtok as it has below good points -

10 min walk from mg road n market

Neat and clean rooms

Access to dining n living room to play with your small kids

Excellent food, not oily, kids friendly, loads of variety, freshly cooked.

Personalized attention to your all queries

Very supportive n cooperative host n all his family members.

Good spacious garden area

Home decor is excellent, loads of unique plants n Flora in garden.

We really enjoyed our stay there for 3 nights.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2019

We had a perfect trip with awesome memories. The hospitality and the knowledge about the sites is mind blowing. Food is delicious and very convincing. The overall experience of my trip is so memorable. The final gift from Shire is very touching too. We just love it...

Room tip: I would suggest a hand dryer at the room.
Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Happiness64154577997