All reviews electric fireplace breakfast and dinner buffet mg road mt kanchenjunga clear view courteous staff suite room great property maintained property memorable stay higher side room service restaurant staff three nights comfortable stay excellent hospitality anu
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I traveled with my family during the new year 2011 to Gangtok, arrived from Darjeeling, Kalimpong the check in experience was very smooth and so was the welcome!
As soon as we entered our room the overall view and the freshness was simply amazing
The room was open from 2 sides (one side balcony other side glass windows)
I stayed here for 4 night and 5 days, though the number of guests were less this year in this hotel it did not stop the staff from giving us excellent service in terms of food and any other thing required. Even though there in not much children can do here...the staff at the restaurant were so cooperative that they literally took care of my 5 year old daughter.
My daughter made lots of friends in the staff here...:-)
The food quality and taste was very good and so was the spread. I found all the staff and the managers also very service oriented and excellent
The location of the hotel is also very good, just 10 min by taxi from the MG Road (main market in Gangtok)
From my room balcony we had superb view of Gangtok and the Kanchenjunga peaks...
Overall and excellent experience staying here and highly recommended, I would like to viit here again!
Just to add few points which can be improved are the hot water facilities (The manager informed that they are renovating now, hopefully it should be fine in the future..)

Room tip: Rooms in the small building besides the main building have very good view!
Date of stay: January 2012
1  Thank sagro
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Denzong Regency is well located. It is neither in the town among the cluster of hotels neither it is very far from the town. The hotel is well maintained. It has a nice restaurant & bar.

The suite rooms are the best. The hotel offers view of entire Gangtok town and also of Mt. Kanchenjunga to its right. Taxi from the hotel (Cherry Bldg area) to the MG Road should cost about Rs. 60.

On the hind sight it lacks children activity area.

Room tip: Ask for suite rooms on the first floor
Date of stay: September 2011
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We visited Gangtok in Jan 2010. The weather was fantastic and so was the hotel, neatly landscaped. On the first day we were the only two people in the hotel but the next day a group of about 15 tourists checked in. The location of this hotel is at its best. Next to the Governor's bungalow and at the edge of the valley so the view was superb. Also not very far from the Mall road. Its a nice downhill 10-15min walk. The staff was very courteous and so was the manager, Mr. Laha. He was kind enough to upgrade us on the last day of our stay to the Suite category for no extra charge. No complaints on the food front either. Its a little costly but one should consider this place when choosing a hotel in Gangtok !! I would highly recommend it. Morning sunrise, a hot cup of coffee and a good camera added to the holiday mood here and last but not the least, the pictures on the website and the actual state of the hotel and its rooms are identical. So guys, trust the website pictures.

My rating 10 on 10.

**(the mandatory option below does not have my travel month so its a randomly chosen. My actual time of visit is as mentioned above in my opening remarks)

Room tip: If available, ask for the room facing the valley and not the main building. It will give a better view.
Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank aditya928
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Nice hotel at nice location. Spacious rooms, nice restaurant..well maintained lawn..courteous staff..

Rom service also good.
Food also good but can b improved..in all no complaints.
It will be a 8 on 10

Date of stay: June 2011
4  Thank varun4080
Reviewed 7 June 2011

The hotel is quite nice with neat and spacious rooms, its people are friendly, and the view from the regency suites on the higher floors is awesome.
What made our stay great was the sikkimese food and drink arranged each day for us by Mr Bimal Rai of the F&B team.
When we needed help with a good car since finding one during the busy season was getting difficult, the MD of the property, Mr Densapa, was gracious enough to offer us the use of one of his personal cars.
Do buy the most recent flush of Temi Tea from the workers cooperative store at the Temi Tea Gardens in South Sikkim. It is certainly worth the drive from Gangtok.

Date of stay: May 2011