“NICE PLACE TO VISIT”
Review of Hotel Surguru

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pondicherry
Hotel Surguru
Ranked #23 of 82 Hotels in Pondicherry
Reviewed 19 January 2012

i was there for 2 nights last year with my wife. This hotel room is very good and very neat and clean. I prefer to others also. I WILL VISIT AGAIN WITH MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

BHARAT SINGH
DELHI.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hotel Surguru

Reviewed 29 December 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights with my parents. We actually wanted to visit Kanyakumari but didn't get hotels there, so instead settled on Pondicherry as we needed a break out of Bangalore. I was tired after calling so many hotels in Kanyakumari and rejected, that I didn't bother to shop around for Pondicherry. Hotel Surguru was the first hotel in Pondicherry that I called, it had vacancy, tripadvisor reviews were good, price seemed about ok at INR 2000 + 300/extra person for double room with A/C, so I booked it right away. Booking process was standard with 1 night charge required to be transferred into their bank a/c.
The hotel called me in morning to reconfirm my reservation. We reached there around 1pm. Room was ready. Check-in was smooth. Staff was courteous. 2 bottles mineral water were complimentary. Room and bathroom were clean. Centralised a/c was good. But I was disappointed with the TV. It was a very old small CRT TV. The bad part was that it was not in good condition. The colors were leaking and picture was not watchable on it.
They had a veg restaurant in the basement. Location was decent. Since parking was limited in their main hotel compound (possibly due to non-guests coming to dine in the restaurant), many a times, we were required to park in the adjacent parking lots used by the hotel. But these parking lots had garbage and lot of uneven terrain, with rocks lying around. Saving grace was that hotel security guided you to park.
Hotel was about 1.5 km from the beach, and ashram as well as from the area with multiple choices of restaurants. It was right off ECR.

Overall, hotel is decent, but they should clean up the parking lots and should ensure that the TVs in the rooms are working properly. Traveler like me requires TV to wind down at the end of a traveling day.

Room Tip: I saw LCD TV in the room in one of the traveler photos. But our room had an old CRT TV towards the e...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We went to Pondicherry during the Christmas weekend 2011. Though, I was a disappointed with the city and the terrible condition of the State Highways, I very much enjoyed my stay in Surguru. As this was a busy weekend, we had to make advance payment which was hassle free, we just sent a mail and they send in the account details for online transfer.

We had asked to be upgraded to the Deluxe room and it was done by the time we reached. The room was pleasantly fragranced, the beds were neat and comfortable, the bathroom was clean. It even had a thermostat to help us control the temperature in the room. I haven't seen that in any other hotel.
One thing about the bathroom: usually hotels fit the bathrooms to suit foreign sensibilities and come with a bath tub and tissue papers. Surguru, on the other hand, has Indian sensibilities in mind. The bathroom was spacious with a shower head and clean bucket and mugs. There was a hygiene faucet with the commode.

The room service was efficient and the food was superb, though the breakfast wasn't exceptional. They serve 3 types of chutneys with the dosas and they are very delicious.

Check-out was also hassle free. There is parking space but not much so it is better to check at the reception beforehand.

The location is a plus point considering that it is near the Heritage Town, market, and the main beach. These are all within walkable distance.

All in all, I loved the place and for the price they charge in a tourist place, it was truly value for money.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are very good for a couple and 1-2 kids. Try to choose one that does not face the main...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank silverblaze80
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Stay at Hotel Surguru , Pondicherry was very comfortable. Centrally located, the Hotel rooms are recently renovated and the atmosphere is very good. The staff are very cordial and the room service is good.

The restaurant is always crowded. The lunch menu needs an improvement.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2011

If you are looking for a reasonably nice place to stay with no big holes in your pockets, then Surguru might be place for you.

The Good :
1. Large and comfortable rooms for a couple and a kid.
2. Price is quite competitive. Around 2000 INR per night (24 hrs check-in/out)
3. Efficient room service.
4. For south-indian veg cuisines lovers, the restaurant is the best in town!
5. Front desk is helpful in giving tips and advices on Pondicherry.

The Bad :
1. Far away from the beach front. The beach is 2 kms away!
2. Not much choice of food in the restaurant. Completely vegetarian menu.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JaguarIndia