Hotel Surguru
  • Beachfront
US$ 152
US$ 141
Agoda.com
All reviewsvalue for moneysouth indian menuvegetarian restaurantwifi servicepure vegetarianbudget hotelample parking spacemid range hotelplace to staythalifood quality is goodroom service was prompthotel is situatedcompared to other hotelsmanakula vinayagar templedecent hotelthe heart of the city
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Hotel is budget type, not properly maintained. Even front look gives u feeling of ill maintenance inside rooms.

Rooms stinks, though staff try to manage to make your stay comfortable.
Ambiance is also not appealing. No internet facility.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2011

First, when I called over phone to book, they told that they do not take advanced bookings on the Deluxe and Executive Suites, but assured us that they will have rooms available during the time period which I enquired for. And we luckily got the requested rooms. One Executive Suite, and one Deluxe room. The rooms were clean, non-smelly, and comfortable. The Executive Suite had a small foyer where there is a 3 seater sofa and a small LCD TV , and thru a small pathway, it lead to the main room. The main room looked the same size, look and feel as the Deluxe room. The difference in the bath is that the Suite had a bathtub while the Deluxe room did not. The TV had a Dish based connectivity, albeit the channel signals were not great. The bathroom was clean. The EWC had both toilet papers, and the health faucet. The towels were fresh and toiletries were new. The restaurant associated with the hotel was a very popular, and it did keep up to its name. We stayed there for 1 day (afternoon to afternoon), and it was worth the while. The hotel is located on the corner of MG road, the main bazaar road, and walkable distance to the Ashram, the beach, and many other tourist sites. All in all, a good experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2011

A very nice hotel that was neat, clean, and well maintained.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2011

My stay at Surguru was quite good until I went for Checkout and had a discussion with ArulRaj the Front Office Manager. That guys was too rude and did not sound like a hospitable person. I had booked two rooms and we were 6 adults which means two extra people.I had requested for 2 extra beds but did not get it. Then I called up during the night & asked for 1 extra bed and we managed. During check out I told the manager that I got only 1 bed and he pulled up a sheet and said we charge only for extra persons. I said why did you not give me all this information upfront. It's not about the price. Suruguru is quite affordable and the facilities are good too ,but such attitude of front office managers can spoil the reputation of the restaurant. I asked the Front office manager to put me to his next level. I WAS DENIED ACCESS TO THE NEXT LEVEL. THIS HURTS MAN!!! I would hesitate to recommend this hotel to people who visit with families.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank isaac_shanthakumar
Reviewed 31 December 2010

We didn't stay at the Surguru, staying instead at a nearby Hotel, but we did have all our meals other than breakfast in the hotel's restaurant. Most of our party being vegetarian (and preferring South Indian Cuisine) we ambled into this mid sized pure vegetarian and (predominantly) South Indian restaurant and were amazed. We were attended to immediately and the food arrived almost as soon as we finished placing the orders. The food - Magic on the taste buds. Good sized servings and reeeeeally fast replenishment. Great filter coffee. Quite impressed by the speed and efficiency of the service in this place. Will eat here again on our next trip.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family