All reviewsold world charmneemrana hotelsneemrana groupcreole foodfrench quarterheritage hotelcolonial furniturewhite townopen courtyardeggs to orderwalking distancefirst floorhotel restaurantbeautiful propertysea frontmain buildingtamil nadu
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We spent a short break at this hotel from 27 to 30 Mar 2018. Heritage hotel , very much deserves the tag. Top class restoration work done by the artisans, painters and of course promoters. Top class staff with happy demeanour at all hours. Grand rooms with high ceilings four poster bed( Yanaon was my room). Top class plumbing in traditional bathroom with stained glass window. Squeaky clean place . Thanks to all. Only improvement required is in breakfast spread, even in short stay if 3 days felt the monotony. Excellent place Excellent staff.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gulshan C
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

It was an extremely disappointing stay. Rooms were TOO expensive. The room first given to me was too small for the insane price I paid. There was no electric kettle or an option to make tea/coffee in the room. When I asked during checkout why it wasn't there I was casually told they have ordered it but it hasn't arrived yet. What kind of nonsense is that to tell a customer paying Rs 10,000 for a room???? That too upon asking.

The breakfast too was rubbish. The baked goods were stale, there were barely any other options. The juice was bitter. For a place that is supposedly luxurious this was my worst expensive. I regret the money I spent.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2018

The location in central Pondicherry with walking distance to all the interesting points and only a few blocks to the Bay of Bengal. It is an old building that they have renovated into a charming place but do not expect an ordinary hotel. The athmosphere is wonderful and the staff will go out of their way to please and serve! Meals are not of the large size and perhaps a bit boring but this is not Paris. Each room is different and I do notlike them all but some are just charming.

Room Tip: upper floors - there is quite a lot of traffic on the street.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here at the start of February and had the most amazing weekend away. The hotel is stunning and all of the people that work at the hotel are super kind and helpful. The hotel is very clean and makes you feel that you are in France. The food at the restraint was delicious. We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to our friends.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Jamie G
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Apparently 4 is still very good according to Trip Advisor which is what this hotel is. I would definitely stay here again, decor and ambience are wonderful, perfectly complementing the heritage of the building. The bedroom ( Cananore)was clean and comfortable with some great pieces of heritage furniture, this meant the double bed was a bit on the small side but not a problem, and was very high off the floor so anyone with poor mobility may need to ask for a step or check before hand. I could not say if this is the same for other rooms. Well equipped bathroom with shower. No television but excellent WI-FI.

An open courtyard is lovely but slightly spoiled by a couple of families of crows deciding this was the ideal place so make their nests. As a bird lover I didn't mind this but you need to choose where to sit with caution!

We enjoyed a first class dinner here one evening, 3 types of prawns, all of which were delicious. The hotel does not have alcoholic drinks on the menu but staff are. Ore than happy to pop out and get it for you if required. We thoroughly enjoyed the local Kingfisher lager and Indian wine, which was very drinkable.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple