Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com$116
Priceline$44
eDreams$128
Agoda.com$92
FindHotel$44
ZenHotels.com
All reviews white town popular restaurant french quarter no lift the ground floor walking distance old world charm spacious room ambience india promenade cuisine architecture heritage
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 May 2022

So first of all, this review I am writing is on the basis of my dine-in experience. They also have rooms for a stay but I cannot comment on that because I did not get a chance to experience it.

I, along with my wife and a 15-month-old toddler, went there for dinner. It was my wife's birthday and I really wanted to have a good experience and amazing food. I must say, this place did not disappoint me at all. Right from the food, customer service, nice and well-mannered staff, almost everything was perfect. The only downside I could think of is that there were no A.C's in the dining area. One can imagine being there during summers. Eating is not fun while sweating. Apart from that, this is a must place to visit when you travel to pondy.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 27 March 2022 via mobile

We visited Villa Shanti in Pondicherry. Originally went there with the idea of finding accommodation but were told all the rooms are filled. We said fair enough- let’s just have lunch since their food is rated high- empty restaurant but we weren’t allowed to sit. From we have reservations from other guests, to just finished breakfast service and getting ready for lunch (12.30pm BTW) to something else.

We went back at 3.00pm, since we liked the cozy sit out there to have a drink but were told there were no drinks and that they were closing- mind you the restaurant was 3/4th full at stage. The tone of response was rude- the lady was almost talking down to me and the overall tone and tenor was very elitist.

I spoke to the manager and asked when I could come by again but were told they did not have an evening service and that dinner reservations were already made and there was no room for more. I even offered to prepay for everything if they so desired but was met with an air of arrogance again.

Off course I will never visit the damn place again. But a word of caution to others- wear clothes that have brands displaced- print a resume or carry ur business cards on vacation- wear a fancy day suit when u go there or carry wads of cash in different currencies- whatever meets their fancy.

Message to the management- I hope you fall on your face, soon. You guys are in the hospitality sector but have no clue what the word means. The staff is rude and and lacks basic courtesy. All in all- a horrible place.

Count your blessings and appreciate the favourable response to your venture- else a matter of time really before you loose everything- a fate I hope you guys meet soon.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank AmanM569
Reviewed 21 February 2022 via mobile

A very lively and different cafe . Good food . Good ambience. It features in top 30 restaurants in india so has lot of rush so plan your visit with enough time in hand.Variety of dessert options ! People from different age group can visit this cafe

Room tip: Avoid busy times
Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2022 via mobile

Dined at this Heritage building and thoroughly enjoyed the drinks and food. Place was quite spacious and had a Courtyard with open to sky space...the Chef's Crepe was very nice and also Apple Crumble....Staff were very attentive without being too intrusive which was very nice as well...as it is everywhere in White town parking is a challenge..so recommend to take a cab and get dropped and not drive by yourself..

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2022 via mobile

This is my second time in villa shanti. It has always been a good experience at this place and the ambience leaves an impression in your mind for a long time. The food is as usual good and is worth once a visit to try good north indian in pondicherry

Room tip: Please book a table during weekends or go in for an early dinner to enjoy the beauty of the place and the food
Date of stay: January 2022