Alps Residency Pondicherry
Hotel Jayaram(Pondicherry)
  • Restaurant
Great Guest House(Pondicherry)
View Hotel
All reviewsmutton keemafriends groupnice hotelhouse keepingrest roomstasty foodin houserooms are spaciousplace to stayroom serviceapartmentindependencekitchenettecomfortpillowsaurovillehospitality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Have visited the place with my family. Not at all worth for money. I had paid Rs 2300 & that is not a small amount to get these kind of facilities. Primarily selected the place only for my infant. It's basically a 1 BHK flat but not at all maintained. Most of the stuffs are broken or not working. Rooms are quite big though. Probably they dont wash utensils with utensil powder because you find a strong odour in their cups & plates that they serve on.They got irritated when I had asked for a complimentary breakfast. When i had argued with them as per the booking contract they had agreed to give me idlis. When I had conveyed them that I dont prefer south indian food then they had given me couple of toast with butter. When I had asked for tea then only they supplied that. So you all can understand the quality of so called 'complimentary breakfast'. It shows how bad is the management. I know people having small kid will only prefer this accomodation but I'll tell them also it's a best place which can be readily avoided.

Some good things: Parking is enclosed & quite safe, Rooms are quite big with a proper kitchen, Wifi works

All Bad things: Everything is bad except above mentioned good things.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank anir2k
Reviewed 9 November 2011

This place was about 15 mins drive away from the main places you would visit, and since I had my car it was good for me. Finding it was a bit of a problem, since you need to take a turn from the main road into a narrow road; there is a sign, however it is small and not lit at night. If you are reaching at night, either have a gps (I had on my phone) or ask someone who knows places.
The rooms were clean, however not posh. It was a like a standard apartment, so you would get a very homely environment. The free breakfast that came with the package was ok and different; one day they had idilis and fish curry, never had that combination before :).
There is a small fast food place below, but I have not seen anyone in it and have my reservations about the quality of food there. You could always cook your food in the kitchen with the provided electric stove, or go to some restaurant in town.
Parking is available, but congested. People would need park in front of each others cars and if you had parked first, the ppl in the reception would need to call the car owners to move their cars.
The staff were courteous and helpful always. I had called in advance to book and even got a discount, but forgot to apply it in the final bill. However when I brought it up, they checked with their manager and applied the discount.

I was not in the apartment for too long, mainly just for sleeping at night since the rest of the time was roaming around pondy, however the overall experience was good.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank jackschack
Reviewed 20 July 2011

This place was amazing. Great rooms,great service and even greater prices. There were about eight of us who came and we had a very comfortable stay. We will definitely be staying here the next time we come to pondicherry.
Sangita

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank drsang
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Very comfortable stay at Alps Residency. Whole family stayed together. Location is good. Most of the visiting spots are reachable from here. Service and food quality need to be improved. Maintenance is good. The approach of the management and friendly service is really good.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Harish_S
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Lovely place. I had a pleasant surprise by choosing this hôtel. I really appreciate their service and the location of the hotels. The rooms are spacious and we have all the facilities.

• Stayed: April 2011