“Value for money, good hotel!”

and 1 more site!
Abirami Residency & Vista Rooms
Ranked #32 of 83 Hotels in Pondicherry
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We booked a Deluxe room at Abirami Residency for the last week of 2010 through Incredible India Tours and Travels and we were very happy with the hotel, staff and food. Abirami Residency is nestled in Sardar Vallabhi Patel Road, not as close to the Aurobindo Ashram or beach (relatively) as some would like. But connectivity to all places is quick and easy. We stayed at this hotel during peak travel time in December and paid higher rate than the usual due to season, but it was well worth the money. We were a couple travelling with a toddler and were treating royally at this hotel.

Best Experience: One of the highlights of this stay was the affordable food from their restaurant Madhuram(my toddler loved the tastet of their North and South Indian dishes). The complimentary buffet breakfast consisted of 3-4 regular South Indian items like Idli, Vada, Pongal plus corn flakes, toast, fruit juice, tea/coffee and dessert! What a good way to start the day! The staff at the reception (Mr.Ezhilan and co) were courteous, quite conversant in English. The check-in, check-out was smooth -there were no surprise elements added to our bill. The hotel itself is just a year or more old so it is very clean and neat. The hotel was filled with guests - both Indian and foreigners but they handled the peak season well. If we ever head back to Pondicherry, we will definitely stay here. To summarise, if you want a clean place with awesome food worth your dime, Abirami is where you want to head to.

Worst Experience: No bad experience but Wi-fi might be a good idea.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank scorpionbeauty

Reviewed 30 July 2011

We landed up in Pondicherry on Saturday without any reservation. All hotels near the beach were full. Were were just roaming the city ring road in the car looking for 'any' decent hotel.
Finally I saw this hotel from main road and thought it would be expensive. But I dint have option so checked the hotel. To my surprise the hotel was very 'nice to stay' .
But then, thats what I was looking. I had the dinner at promenade buffet.
Only drawback is, this hotel is away from beach and on the opposite side of the city. Pondy is very small and I had the car, so it was not at all a concern.
In my next visit I wanted to stay in this hotel again but was full, so we stayed in hotel du parc. Location of hotel du parc is excellent but costlier than abirami accordingly

• Stayed: March 2011
3  Thank AmarChakma
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I was in pondicherry for work and was looking for a good budget hotel so I could ask my wife to join me. I saw this hotel in one of the portals. At first I was apprehensive about the hotel as there wrnt many reviews about the hotel online. I booked the hotel for 3 days and thought I would extend my stay if I found the hotel suitable.
We Checked into the hotel and the room was new , and the bathroom was also clean .I visited a few more hotel in Pondicherry just to be sure that I was staying in the best available option in my budget. But to my surprise I could not find any better place. The Breakfast was included in the tariff .it is a pure vegetarian hotel.
It is located in the city and approximately 1 Km from the beach. It might not be a very good place if you are on a leisure trip, but it was really good for me as it was well connected and worth the money I was paying. in the end we ended up staying in the same hotel for 20 days. the staff is polite and the service in impeccable.
I hired a bike and visited almost every restaurant or tourist spot in Pondicherry. it is a well planned city therefore it was easy to travel everywhere.
We also got a chance to see the Maitri Mandir in Aurovillefrom inside , and believe me … you will not see anything of that sort in India else where. There are no words to describe the place. You have to see it to believe it. . In order to go inside the maitri mandir, you will have to visit auroville and book you visit two days in advance.
Tip for people going to Pondicherry: If you want to stay in the city for a long period this is the best place. You get bikes on rent on Chetty Street , so one can easily hire and enjoy their stay. Also a must visit place is the chunambar beach.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank samsanch
Reviewed 4 July 2011

A value for money hotel which provides complimentary breakfast and covered car parking. Very sumptuous breakfast, prepared fresh and served hot and tastes yummy. Rooms are very comfortable and the rooms have LCD tv and a split ac., I used the room service for coffees and snacks., I always got it on time. Overall I will book and stay again. Recommended. Please don't expect 5 star quality, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Gocool2000
Reviewed 9 May 2011

We had booked the hotel at 5:15 PM and arrived at 8 PM. As there was no lift from the basement parking to the reception, we had to carry our bags to the ground floor from the basement. We were made to wait in the reception for 45 min before they allocated a suite for the 5 of us. They had installed air coolers in the reception of which only one was working and it was humid like hell.While waiting in the reception, there was disruption of power supply and we were in the darkness for 15 min. We enquired whether there was a generator available and they said they had one but there was no one to start it.( No automode?). Finally, they allocated our room and we had to take the steps for 3 floors( The generator couldnot take the load for operating the lift.... And funnily, we happen to be the market leaders in Generators across the world :-( )We had our baths and ordered curd rice at 9:00 PM. The food never came and when WE called at 11 PM, they told us that it was not available( inspite of being a vegetarian hotel...Lol). House keeping never happened in the 2 days we stayed inspite of our requests. Their complimentary breakfast was average but the space was cramped. The best part was their rooms. Very clean, neat and cosy. LCD TVs and good air conditioning.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business