1,215 results
All reviews pool villa private beach lake view room presidential villa glass bridge visited le open bathroom clean beach paradise beach beautiful resort big pool approach road pool side main city kids play area indoor games the cottages
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

The overall experience was great and beyond our expectation. We stayed in a luxury pool villa and it was nicely maintained. The dine in room service was great and specially the food was amazing. We will visit again. Thank you !

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2018

To begin with.
The location is outskirts of pondy, hard to find unless u have google maps to help you.
The property is right next to the beach having said the road to the property isn't good.
Upon arriving i had my luggage's tagged and moved to the reception.
It could have been better if they transported every guest from the entrance to the reception in their battery operated car which they have given the hot and sunny climatic conditions.

At the reception check in was smooth just had to wait for 15mins for being accommodated which was ok and then in time we were taken to our luxury pool villa.
It was beautiful and spacious.
The rooms are quite big with a low comfy bed and linens.
The bathrooms are open and outdoor which was perfect for the climate and the heat.
The pool was apt but me and my partner had a bad experience, im not sure if it was excess chlorine or some chemical treating the water but it burned our eyes and ended up with an eye infection after we headed back, would suggest to use goggles.
The mini bar was stocked in the dining area which is near the private pool.
The property is huge and has a huge garden lawn to walk around in the cozy breezy evenings and further down they have their own private beach but gates are shut by 6pm.
The common is pool is big but needs attention to the sides and edges.
They also have a lounge and well stocked but could have had a better ambience, I would prefer to stock your self up as ure already in pondy and want to avoid a huge beverage bill and since there is nothing nearby it would be better if u get all ure essentials and munchies.
The restaurant serves good breakfast spread and the service was good.
The in room dining experience was ok but the food lacked flavor.
Now coming to the checkout had a terrible experience.
Upon checkout was asked if i had consumed from the mini bar and said yes just one breezer consumption then he sends the guy to check and calls up to add a list of things like cashews biscuits and chips and stuff.
Well to avoid mini bar consumption and their charges, I always stock whatever i need so that im not tempted to take any and besides there wasn't anything flattering to consume, just cause my partner didn't want to drink and just accompany me just had the breezer.
And even though i made it clear like im paying a huge money for the services rendered and i would not mind paying additionally if i had consumed, but lying and cheating and making a fuss around saying what was not true is not the way a luxury hotel should operate and after a great deal of talking and saying i would not pay a dime other than for the in-room dining and the one breezer consumed while the accommodation charges have been debited upon arrival and finally concluded after a wastage of 30mins.
And luggage's were taken by my self to the main porch and the only thing was theyr brought the car to me, was glad actually at least for that.

Overall the property is good and nice to unwind.
If they could work on their hospitality skills I'm sure the guests would leave happily.
Anyways i'm not heading back ever.
So if ure spending cautiously i would say opt for a better place for the given price and if your a lavish spender with no bounds to a fine class hospitality, it shouldn't matter .

Room Tip: rooms with the private pool
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ashwayne
Reviewed 1 May 2018

This is the worst place that you can image. Here are itemized list of things which are bad

Checkout Experience : When I was checking out I told there is no consumption from mini bar. The receptionist sent a person to check that. I didn't know people still do that. I never faced this issue Raddison, Sheraton or in Hyatt. This is just sad to see the these people feels that the guests are cheat.
The person who was checking the mini bar of my room told I had consumed 2 Vodka and I was lying, I needed to pay 600 bucks. I couldn't believe that. I spent around 25k rupees for 3 nights and they felt I would be cheating for 600 bucks. When I said I didn't do that they didn't believe and sent 2 more people to search the room. I didn't realize the point. They might have thought I am hiding vodka now. I felt so sad and threatened by their attitude. The person who carries the luggage didn't carry it to the parking place which is little far. He kept it outside the door. When me and my wife was carrying that they were watching that. When I reached to my car and putting things inside the booty a guy was still standing right behind me and watching me however, never offered to help. Maybe they thought I might steal something.
I felt physically threatened and mentally distressed.

Apart from this there are other issues too.

1. Water: When asked for additional water they gave RO filtered water in used Bisleri bottle. Now they could say I 2 bottles are free and rest are like that. But used Bisleri bottle. Is this legal ? Moreover most of the good resorts and hotels like Hyatt, Carlsen, Sheraton, Raddison do give bottled water and don't charge for it.

2. Breakfast: very less variety. Same food every day.

3. Tv Remote: They don't give TV remote. There is only airtel set top box remote and they don't have HD channels. I couldn't understand the reason. To increase volume I had to call the room service. They came and told they won't give me the TV remote. They can give only the set top box remote. They increase the volume manually. It's like 1980s again.

4. The guard opens and closes the gate to the beach at 6PM and opens at 6AM. They have bunch of chair which you can take to sit in the beach. I asked them at 5:50 AM that can I take a chair from here. He replied that I could not take that before 6:00AM . OMG it is like rocket launch timing. Now if you can think these people are disciplinarian and punctual. However, the buffet dinner was delayed by 10mins.

5. Bad Locks: The door has a Godrej lock , not card swipe. The lock was loose in my room and it is so hard to lock and unlock the main door.

6. Noisy AC: OMG, such a noise if you keep the AC swing on. Couldn't sleep with AC swing on.

7. Language: Many stuff doesn't speak english. Extremely difficult to manage.

8. Approach road: Very bad condition , very hard to drive.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Avishek B
Reviewed 27 April 2018

The hotel is located on the paradise beach and approach road is not good. Since it is a bit secluded, you would not get anything to eat if you want to go out, unless you have your own car.

Having said that, the hotel is a beautiful property with roofs of room made of bamboo and dung. The rooms are spacious and modern. Every room has a small pond outside in which water lilies or lotus grow. Hotel also has a huge lawn spread across the property lined with coconut trees. You could actually see coconuts hanging from them in all shapes and sizes.

Hotel also has a pool and kids playing area. Paradise beach as the name says is beautiful and clean.

Food was excellent and a good spread in the buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Rohit G
Reviewed 21 April 2018

1. At the Receiption While checkin everything was good..
2. At the entry of room first glance it was good, but while observing properly -- Swimming pool was dirty -- wash room and bath area was dirty --- In room kettel was smelling -- there were no towels --- no floor mat etc etc …
3. In evening we ordered Veg grill sandwhich --- and didn't imagined the sandwhich would have been served like this ---first of all it was not sandwhich bread at all it was a normal bed which we use for toast - bewteen the 2 slice just tomato, a cucumeber and onion and all just 1 small piece and toasted -- is this the way to serve sandwhich -- if we wanted to have such kind of sandwhich then we would have had it outside the resort…
4. Dinner time -- staff was helpful but the hospitality which should be there it was not there..
5. Next day morning we order a cup of tea -- to our surprise only tea was serverd and without cookies -- we don’t think any luxury serves like that…
6. During the breakfast -- we ordered a plain dosa -- sir u wont believe it it took 45 mins -- and almost we informed 4 to 5 serving staff -- then only the dosa was on our table..
7. Before going to the breakfast we asked them to clean the room or may be we can our total room ---- to our surprise only the room the was cleaned -- the swimming pool was same as it is -- washroom and bath area was as it…
8. Then we felt some burning smell in our --- the in room kettle was in on mode and it has become so hot that we were not able to touch the same with our normal hands --- is this not the safety issue…
9. Forgot to infrom the WIFI --- Which the best in the resort --- getting disconnected every 10 mins --- and each and everytime we have to give our id and password to login again ---- have informed the reception and they told they will get back to me and till date we are just wating to get back to us..
10. In the Morning we tried to contact the GM of the resort -- but we were told he is still not come to the office and we will update once he come --- till afternoon there was no update ---- we called up again and then only we came to know that he is on leave --- till then there was no update -- then we asked for contact number but the same was not given --- reason given that we don’t have the number --- after this we spoke to sandeep the front office manager -- then we told him we need GM number -- after a little argument he agreed to gave us -- then we spoke to GM.
11. After Lunch when we were back in the room -- Front office manage sandeep and 2 other managers came and they were asking about the problems -- explained them each and everything and we think that it was useless --- because whatever suggestion we gave there was no action in that --- (for exmaple serving tea with cookies) --- after that we order tea 2 times but again it was same only tea was served..
12. At Dinner --- we were paid special attention as have already compalints about the resort --- and offered complementry dinner -- but we rejected the same --- it not the matter of complimentry dinner -- it about the total environment which spoiled our total vaccation..

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family