Will recommend a home-stay at some chawl in any of the slums in Pondy and you will find the experience better than this resort.
1) Close to the beach - Not like what they say in the site, there is a small lane beside the resort which will take you to the beach.
2) Availability of a massage centre - So called ayurvedic, where ladies offer massages to gents. really a pro if you are travelling as a bachelor and a con, if u are with your family!
Cons - Plenty, listing a few
1) Highly rude staff - A few goons and dressed in a way not to hide the same, is handling the reception. They dictate and you obey.
2) Customer service - We paid in advance for 2 AC double rooms, only to find that AC in one room is not working. The goon at the reception kept promising us a repairman till 9 pm, to find excuse himself out. We had no other option but to put extra bed in the room which had AC, and instead of returning the charges of the unused room (with a non-working AC - entirely their fault), we were charged Rs. 500 extra for the extra bed. They says the resort doesnt have a policy of refund, even if it is their AC which is not running.
3) Ridiculous rooms - That was the worst part. They had showed us the only good room available in the entire resort, before booking and what we had recieved after booking was extremely in contrast. It was in the ground floor, next to the ever-running highly poluting and extremely noisy Generator. Further the room didnt have any windows, depending only on the split ac for any kind of air circulation. The curtains were older than me and kept peeling of in parts, and also was a habitat of a wide variety of insects. The western toilet was not fixed properly and if you were not an gymnast or an acrobat, better dont try balancing the same under your legs.
4) Even more ridiculous facilities - They offer you swimming pool, roof top restaurant, Television in rooms, room-service, Ayurvedic Massage etc, etc.
Swimming pool- It is kind of an aquarium, with various varieties of worms and insects breeding in the same. The staff blames it on “Thane”, a recent cyclone which happened a couple of months before at Pondy, but they still misses the point that the same could be cleaned in a couple of hours.
Roof Top Restaurant – Not available unless you are a large crowd of over 20 people, occupying the same together. After seeing the hygiene of the place, we didn’t want to even look at the kitchen. So didn’t try anything there.
Television in Rooms – Got a TV and Airtel connection placed, but apart from the free channels, nothing else is available in the same.
Room Service – We got nothing, but a bill for a tea ordered at 6 am, till the time we had signed out of the resort, ie. at around 11 am. And we had to fight our tooth and nail to cancel the bill.
Ayurvedic Massage – didn’t try by the looks of it, check it out yourself.
Finally, the resort will blame everything on “Thane” hurricane and you will end up paying for everything. Highly recommended if you are booking the same for people on whom you have a high reason to take revenge, like your boss, in-laws, etc etc…. Unless the above mentioned reasons, avoidable at all cost….
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Soorya Beach Resort is ideally situated on a secluded white sand beach at Bommaiyar Palayam (near city of dawn Autroville). Secluded but not isolated. That's the beauty of staying at Soorya Beach Resorts. You privacy is kept sacred, but it doesn't isolate you from the world. The Resort has tastefully set & well maintained rooms and eco friendly cottages, garden facing rooms, sea facing rooms, family suite, premium suite with have a fabulous private balcony overlooking the sandy beach and the sea. Soorya Beach Resort is an ideal venue for a most pleasant holidaying place at Pondicherry providing affordable luxury. The resort has all modern facilities in the accommodation, separate garden restaurant, a roof top restaurant, a health spa centre and a well equipped gym. The hotel also boasts a full range of audiovisual equipment a fully trained, professional and caring staff, so that every need related to its guest stay is anticipated and taken care of in a timely manner.Look at the modern facilities listed below that one can enjoy: DTH Satellite TVs In All Rooms, WI-FI totally free of charge, In - House Laundry & Direct Dial Facilities , 24 Hours Running Hot 'N' Cold Water, Safe Deposit Lockers, Browsing Centre, WI - FI Access In All Rooms, Multi-Cuisine Garden Restaurant, Multi Cuisine Roof Top Restaurant, Room Service , Coffee Shop, Conference Hall & Board Rooms, Theme Parties As On Request , Sea Boating , All major Credit Cards accepted, Discotheque On Request For Parties , Spacious Car Parking, Currency Exchange , Volley Ball & Badminton Courts, Children's Park And Pay Accessories , Birds Collection For Recreation And Natural Fish Pond, Sight Seeing & Travel Assistance, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelGuru and Agoda so you can book your Soorya Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.