We had originally booked this place for Feb 2012, but was informed in Jan 2012 that a cyclone had devastated Pondicherry last week of December and the resort was pretty much directly in the firing line. In fact one of the resort staff recounted to us the horror they went through when the waves almost reached the reception during the cyclone
What we found good
- Excellent food. Good choice in seafood as well
- Nice bar , prices much cheaper than Bangalore
- Decent activities for kids, very helpful staff
- A decent swimming pool.
- There is a beach in front of the resort. This is not private (there was no crowd however) and the gates to the sea front are closed by 6.30-7.
- The sea is very rough and muddy and could be dangerous
What is probably missing or could be improved
- The pool is little small and shallow for the number of people who turn up on weekends
- There is no gym or fitness room
- The seaside barbecue place is still not functioning after the cyclone. Staff was non committal about it coming back
- There is still lot of construction happening. The place has a little bit of a run down look- might improve after the construction activity is over
- Rooms are OK. We had two. There was no sea view which was a huge let down. Also when it rains, water seeped into the room from the balcony
- There is no room service
I am a Mahindra member so the room costs were all paid up. But if you are a non-member do consider other beach resorts and compare before taking a decision
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Yatra, MakeMyTrip, Agoda and TravelGuru so you can book your Club Mahindra Puducherry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zest Big Beach Hotel Pondicherry
- Zest Big Beach Pondicherry