“Excellent Hospitality”

Hotel Atithi
Ranked #16 of 74 Hotels in Pondicherry
“Excellent Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

Luvd the ambience,food of the hotel..Lots of varieties in food and taste was awesome. I recommend it for any couple/group who plan to visit Pondy!!!

Staffs were very helpful.... Its simply kool:)

Worth the money.... I enjoyed the stay...Thanks Atithi and its staffs

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nivz123
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your recent Stay in our Hotel and delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the truly Atithi Hospitality.

I thank you for taking your time out and review our Hotel. Your valuable feedback and positive comments are highly appreciated and it will surely motivate me and encourage my Team to excel in “Customer Delight”.

We will look forward to welcome you again at Pondicherry and will take every steps to exceed expectation.

E: gm.atithi@aitkenspencehotels.in
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Last month, we stayed in the hotel.

Its simply excellent: Food,room, service and ofcourse the ambiance.
Thanks to Atithi for making our trip a success.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Rohit B
Dear Mr. Rohit,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Recently me and my friends had a chance to trip in Pondy, and we saw this hotel Atithi. It was simply cool. The ambiance were really good and staff's hospitality were also good,

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jijil G

england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Although im usually fond of smaller more "personal" hotels I was pleasantly surprised by this place. Reasonable friendly at check in and helpful. Our room was reasonable also with mini bar! :-)

The restaurant did an all you can eat buffet and the food was excellent, not to mention room service the food was very good!

The rooftop swimming pool was lovely, we were lucky to be the only ones at the pool it was fantastic. The location pretty good too. Everything you could ask for really. Oh and a little bar within the hotel which was decorated nice with dark lights for a nice ambiance and masala fries yum yum :-) Yes would definitely return to this hotel. Thank you

PS Only criticism would be the hotel taxi driver to the airport. He drove like a lunatic, seriously, and I had already done a three week road trip and consider myself to have a hard stomach for the roads in India. He didn't speak English either so I was unable to make him understand my anxieties. It really was awful so I suggest if you take a taxi with the hotel speak to the reception staff first about this.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Atithi-Pondicherry, General Manager at Hotel Atithi, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear Guest,

With regard to your concern about the Taxi Driver, we are concerned. We will personally brief the Agency regarding the same.

Greater Noida, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Thanks to Atithi over all experience of this hotel was great.

We wanted to go to some beach whereby we hd choosen Pondi.

Some body in my friend circle suggested as per my budget Atithi who is in this business.

Got go deal directly from hotel. Should go for costing part directly from hotels, in this case i got better rate per night against the rate whichi got from my friend.

From check in to check out every thing went very smooth.

we checked in on 3rd June 12 Sunday around 11 am or so. Every thing inside hotel looked grt. Treament of all staff members starting from gater keeper to front office to room service to resturant every 1 really good.

Room was well maintained as desired by me. Even got extra portable bed complementory from the front office whereby initially i was asked for extra cost. That was really helpful to family like us.

Food if asked for in room was little expensive we hd out 1st lunch on 3rd June 12 for 3 adults and 2 kids which costed us around Rs 850 inclusive of taxes.

When we hd some what same kind of lunch in main Pondi mkt we got it for around Rs 400 for all family members with some extra water bottles in it.

So what we did we hd out buffet breakfast which was with in the per day deal was free but we did out lunch and breakfast out in the main mkt or some hotel whose food was less expensive then Atithi. Other than the food cost i think every thing else is just great.

My and my kids enjoyed the pool on 6th floor every day, stayed in Pondi for 2 nights.

One more important thing as we went to South India at Pondi hotel is running all entertainment channels through some local cable operator who is self giving maximum South Indian channels out of 100 channels for eg. Only Sony TV, Zee TV, 1 / 2 main news channel were there, i think 1 hingi channel of Sahar was also there. No sports channel was offered by the cable operator. They assured by 1st July they were going to install STB of some of the DTH operator in all rooms which they r providing. Lets hope may be when we come next time that will be there.

My room was on 4th floor, lift does nt support any fan or AC. Even when you go out on any floor as soon as u get out of lift u feel the heat / humidity as no air is there on that floor no cooling no AC ventilation is provided except on ground floor. So u feel cool when you come out of lift or come down by using stairs on down floor. But this will still go in ok as per not that of importance but if u want to rate in AC operations or availaibility then it should be there.

Every thing going good for this hotel only if some what room pricing per day & food cost can be tkn care off. Also the TV entertainment is tkn care of other wise out of 5 surely i will 4 / may be 4.2 from my end to Atithi.

Keep it up all at Atithi.

Regards

Vikas Drabu
+919818642751
Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Dimps18
Dear Mr. Vikas,

With regard to your concern about the TV Channels , we are working out on the same and you can experience all Channels on HD during your next visit.

E:gm.atithi@aitkenspencehotels.in