The Richmond, Puducherry
Le Pondy(Pondicherry)
US$ 321
US$ 266
  • Beachfront
All reviewsfamily roomresidency groupfrench quarterfrench quartetsmall lobbyvalue for moneyfront desk personnelfrench colonywalking distancewhite townsmall hotelbuffet breakfastlocation is fantasticpromenade beachdosasuperior roomsouth indian
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Perfect getaway from the residency group. Great interiors and spacious rooms that can accommodate a family easily. The wooden panels give a cosy feel to the room. Breakfast buffet is minimal with not too much variety but you have a lot of eateries around. The promenade is just 2 streets away and you can slip off to get some walk by the beach at will. Would suggest you book in advance to get good rates.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
THERICHMOND09, Manager at The Richmond, Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

At the onset, I would like to thank you for taking the time and giving us your feedback on your stay at The Richmond. Pondicherry

I am glad to learn your stay was comfortable.

I thank you for your support and look forward to your return.

Kindly feel free to contact me for any assistance

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Hotel is in the midst of french quarters and few blocks from rock beach.rooms are having good ambience and staff were too humble and cooperative.rooms were cozy and dont forget to eat dal fry and rice and egg bhurji that was awesume there. I stayed for 3 days and i ate everyday that was too mouth watering.all shanti villa, bakers street and le dupleix are at walkable distance from richmond

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
THERICHMOND09, Manager at The Richmond, Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest

My team and I would like to thank you, for taking the time and posting your positive review on The Richmond, Pondicherry on Trip Advisor.

We truly appreciate your support and sincerely look forward to your return.

Kindly feel free to call me for any assistance.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

We chose this hotel for its location mainly. It is at the heart of the town, is mostly well-maintained - a very cutesy and cosy hotel with a helpful staff!

Getting around is really easy if you want to spend most of your time exploring the city!

Room Tip: Family room is spacious
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
THERICHMOND09, Manager at The Richmond, Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear Valued Guest

My team and I would like to thank you, for taking the time and posting your positive review on The Richmond Hotel, Pondicherry on Trip Advisor.

We truly appreciate your support and sincerely look forward to your return.

Kindly feel free to call us for any assistance.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

We were not impressed with the ambiance of this hotel, it was rather dark and dreary. Front desk clerk tried to sell us "money exchange" when we mentioned ATMs were not working locally. No thanks! The location worked for us, walking distance to the main attractions in Pondicherry. The breakfast buffet was not very good, but we were able to piece together enough to eat.Very few options and not attractively presented. Service was spotty. Overall, we would not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mndb
THERICHMOND09, Manager at The Richmond, Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Dear Valued Guest

I wish to thank you for taking the time and posting your feedback on "The Richmond" in Trip Advisor.

I have since, had a detailed briefing with the concerned departments and we are implementing corrective measures.

I appreciate your support and look forward to your return,

Kindly feel free to call me for any assistance.

With Warm Regards,

K.Murali
Resident Manager

Reviewed 20 February 2017

We stayed there for two nights. The location is fantastic. Right in the middle of french town, 5 minutes walk from promenade(so no beach views) and lots of cafes nearby to hangout and enjoy delicious food. The rooms are decent . Thanks to the hotel staff, we were upgraded to a superior room. The rooms are clean. The toiletries provided by them are from Biotique which is a reputed brand in India. . Coming to the food, we only selected buffet breakfast option which was limited. We really needed to ask what are the options available and only then they told us. Very weird .. But apart from breakfast , the experience was wonderful as location and rooms did the trick for us . I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: room on the first floor with window
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
THERICHMOND09, Manager at The Richmond, Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Dear Mr. Ankit Jain

It was a pleasure having you stay at "The Richmond", Pondicherry recently and I thank you for your feedback on your stay.

I am delighted to learn that your stay was comfortable.
I have since, had a detailed briefing with the Service staff on duty and we are implementing corrective measures.

Kindly accept our sincere apologies for the reported issues

I thank you for your support and look forward to your return.

Kindly feel free to contact me for any assistance.