Le Royal Park(Pondicherry)
Hotel Atithi(Pondicherry)
US$ 59
US$ 45
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 51/night.

US$ 117
US$ 99
  • Breakfast included
Ocean Spray(Pondicherry)
US$ 67
US$ 52
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 59/night.

The Sunway Manor(Pondicherry)
  • Breakfast included
US$ 57
US$ 49
RKN Beach Resort(Pondicherry)
All reviewsfamily roomresidency groupfrench quartervalue for moneyfrench colonywhite townsmall hotelbuffet breakfastlocation is fantasticpromenade beachdosasuperior roomexcellent place to stayindiaarchitecture
Reviewed 20 February 2017

We stayed there for two nights. The location is fantastic. Right in the middle of french town, 5 minutes walk from promenade(so no beach views) and lots of cafes nearby to hangout and enjoy delicious food. The rooms are decent . Thanks to the hotel staff, we were upgraded to a superior room. The rooms are clean. The toiletries provided by them are from Biotique which is a reputed brand in India. . Coming to the food, we only selected buffet breakfast option which was limited. We really needed to ask what are the options available and only then they told us. Very weird .. But apart from breakfast , the experience was wonderful as location and rooms did the trick for us . I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: room on the first floor with window
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
THERICHMOND09, Manager at The Richmond, Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Dear Mr. Ankit Jain

It was a pleasure having you stay at "The Richmond", Pondicherry recently and I thank you for your feedback on your stay.

I am delighted to learn that your stay was comfortable.
I have since, had a detailed briefing with the Service staff on duty and we are implementing corrective measures.

Kindly accept our sincere apologies for the reported issues

I thank you for your support and look forward to your return.

Kindly feel free to contact me for any assistance.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

The staff was courteous and the rooms were clean. Located very close to Promenade Beach. However, this is not a beach facing property. It's quiet and peaceful and the same is reflected in the interiors of the property. Will give you a calming and soothing effect. The breakfast buffet food was usual fare of dosa, upma, etc was good.
Overall, a good place to relax and chill out when in Pondicherry. I will definately be going there again.
PS: The only thing that we found wanting was lack of proper parking space. For it's reputation ( it's part of the Residency Group of Hotels) - this was a little shocking. We had to park our cars, in the lane outside the hotel.

Stayed: October 2016

Dear Ms.Divya

At the onset, I would like to thank you for taking the time and giving us your feedback on your stay at The Richmond, Pondicherry

I am glad to learn your stay was comfortable.

I thank you for your support and look forward to your return.

Kindly feel free to contact me for any assistance.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

We were looking for a good place to eat,some where in the heritage city, we found this place which was juat what we were looking for. We had lunch ,It was very good ,the service was good,we enjoyed the ambiance,the music,we left the place completely satiated.must visit.

Stayed: December 2016
THERICHMOND09, Manager at The Richmond, Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Dear Valued Guest

Greetings from "The Richmond" Pondicherry

My team and I would like to thank you, for taking the time and posting your positive review on "The Richmond" Hotel, Pondicherry on Trip Advisor.

We truly appreciate your support and sincerely look forward to your return.

Kindly feel free to call us for any assistance

Reviewed 27 January 2017

We stayed 1 night at the Richmond Hotel on the 26th Jan 2017after having spent 4 fantastic nights across the road at 4* Villa Helena (an 18th c Heritage Hotel) who were fully booked on 26th so could not accommodate us. The Richmond at £70 we expected to be at least half decent as it's more expensive than Villa Helena! How shocked we were to be given a room like a cave, no windows, no air and the most wretched stink of damp I have ever experienced, we didn't sleep and felt so sick from the smell, we were up at 5:30 and left for the next leg of our journey. BIG RIP OFF

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LaResidenceLimousin
THERICHMOND09, Manager at The Richmond, Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2017

Dear Mr. Atwood

Greetings from “The Richmond” Pondicherry

At the onset, I would like to thank you for staying with us . kindly accept our sincere apologies for the reported issues.

We have noted down your feedback and we assure you that on your next visit , room as per your choice will be blocked and all necessary arrangements will be taken care to make your stay comfortable with us.

I would like you to please consider this experience as an aberration of our normal quality standards.

I appreciate your support and look forward to your return,

Kindly feel free to call me for any assistance.

With Warm Regards

K.Murali
Resident Manager

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

The place is located in the French colony and is quite close to the beach. There are also many great restaurants nearby such as Umami. The breakfast and in general food at The Richmond is also good. The rooms are not that spacious and they are dimly lit. I liked it that way. But it is something to keep in mind before booking.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
THERICHMOND09, Manager at The Richmond, Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Dear Mr.Aravind

At the onset, I would like to thank you for taking the time and giving us your feedback on your stay at The Richmond Hotel , Puducherry.

I am glad to learn your stay was comfortable.