Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews value for money budget hotel room service basic amenities nice stay ample parking space rooms are clean place to stay hotel is located french colony mr rs ambience auto
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We were here 2 days back. The room was a standard room, as requested. Unfortunately, the rooms and service are disappointing compare to the other Ginger hotels. The cleanliness and smell near the lift lobby was disgusting. There was only hot air coming from the AC in a temperature of 16°. Added to this, we had to call the reception again and again as there was no water in the toilets.
Kindly avoid going back to this place.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Please note that it is a budget hotel and worth for what you pay. I was not sure about the hotel before I had checked-in and I found to be a good budgeted hotel in Pondicherry. The reception people was good enough to guide me to provide the required information. It has a good parking facility inside the hotel campus. The rooms are very much neat and clean and I liked it for the money i had paid for. The room services are decent enough and they were prompt for the requested services. The Hotel also has a restaurant and Cafe Coffee Day in the Ground Floor. The restaurant was decent enough and I liked the food quality and taste. The hotel is not far away from the Main/Center of the city. I would strongly recommend this hotel if you are a budgeted tourister and you can't expect anything more than for the money paid. You should also be aware that this chain of hotels belong to TATA group and you can always expect the basic facilities and services from the corporate gaint.

Room tip: All the rooms are good enough and i had traveled during the week day where they had offered a better package due to lower occupancy rate.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I stayed at Ginger pondy for four days. It did not seem to be ginger branch at all. Facilities were not available. Hospitality was terribly poor. It was worst hotel experience for me. I booked it for brand name of ginger but I felt cheated when I started staying there. Staff members were not at all responsive. You always have to be conscious for complementary breakfast and other facilities because staff members are not bothered about that.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelAlcohlic
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This is the best hotel in the heart of the city and just few km's away from the old world charm of pondicherry...this hotel has a good package for holidayer's...its the best budget hotel in pondicherry with a good brand like tata

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2013

First of all, people must understand that this is not a 4 or 5 star hotel but a budget hotel, so please have the expectations accordingly and we had a good experience at this hotel at an affordable price. We were 5 of us who wanted to stay at a budget but a decent hotel and we got to know about the Ginger hotel in Pondycherry and their winter package offer for 2N3D. We requested for connecting rooms since we were 5 people (all guys) and the front desk was very supportive to show all their connecting rooms. We selected the rooms on 2nd floor and they were very spacious, clean beds and linen, toilets were not bad, they had coffee maker and a computer table, AC, small LCD TC mounted on the wall. The connecting rooms were very useful for us and we really enjoyed our stay. They didn't charge us for the 5th person which was good. Though the room service is not all that good, we were served hot coffee in the evening on time. In the morning you could order coffee from Cafe Coffee Day as there is no room service until 11:30 AM since they serve breakfast till then. Cafe Coffee Day located on the ground floor near Reception is very useful and it's open 24 hours. This hotel is very close to the Pondy Beach and ECR road and there is ample parking space to take care of your 4 wheelers.

I would recommend this hotel for friends and family who want to spend economically just for the stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends