Vatika Guest Home
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Pondicherry
See available hotels
    Golden Sun Inn(Pondicherry)
    • Free Internet
    • Restaurant
    • Bar/Lounge
    See what travellers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 5 July 2012

There very few moments in your life where for that one moment everything falls into place and you are perfectly content. The entirerity of my weekend stay at Vatika was one of those perfect moments.

Literally located a stone's throw away from the beach and a 2 min walk away from The Ashram, the fantabulous Vatika is run by the very warm Mrs. Dutta. She is one of those ladies who remind you of your favorite teacher at school, you know, that one teacher who actually earned your respect, the teacher you wanted to please and the teacher you also secrectly were a bit terrified of. The place is the perfect place to spend a laid back weekend with friends, perfect for a weekend getaway or for a time of quiet contemplation. The staff are courteous and friendly.

All of the rooms are filled with gorgeous handmade artwork Mrs. Dutta has either made in house or collected. I was totally in love with the gorgeous chocolate brown wooden furniture set against the white walls of my room. Pretty and cheerful tangerine sheets and cushions enlivened the atmosphere of our room. The pillows were just perfect! Not too hard not too soft.. JUST PERFECTION. I must say... the bathrooms are just out of the world.. filled with light and clean.. they are a delight to behold!

Bottomline, Vatika is THE place to stay at in Pondy, Is it any wonder that i love pondy beacuse of Vatika?

Room Tip: You wont go wrong with choosing any room. Each of the rooms is unique and has its own charms.
    • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
    2  Thank Puneetha
    Reviewed 30 April 2012

I had gone to Pondicherry for some much needed rest and relaxation. I could not have made a better choice for my accommodation...... VATIKA was an experience beyond measure. Such a warm and hospitable place combined with safety ( especially as I was a woman travelling alone) and hygiene maintained to the optimum. The hostess Ms. Datta goes out of her way to make the guests at home while maintaining their privacy and space. Such a refreshing change from the normal 5 star hotels. I strongly recommend The VATIKA in Pondicherry...

Mrs R Menon

Room Tip: Room with the balcony is very pleasant
    • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
    1  Thank RixMenon
    Reviewed 16 April 2012

Almost at the seaside,towards the end of Francois martin street, resides this beautiful house owned by Mrs Dutta. We had gone through a lot of options on tripadvisor and finally decided on this house. And we were just overjoyed to find out that our choice really was that good.
    Its a triple storey building, and our host lives in the ground floor with her family, and opened up the top 2 floors for guests like us. The rooms are huge enough and all the rooms are furnished with a cupboard, chairs, tea poy, desk and a cozy bed. There are rooms with double cots and rooms with 2 single cots adjoined. You have your preference there. As we reached, our host warmly welcomed us in(not the regular way you expect in a hotel lobby), and helped us to settle in our room. The room was very clean and so were the restrooms. The walls of the rooms were all clean white and draped in beautiful curtains, with a beautiful balcony exclusive for our room.
    There is no room service to disturb you, but at the same time you are always welcome to ask for anything you require. Mrs Dutta has been so kind to attend to all our needs to the maximum of her capabilities, and put in efforts to not have anything bother us. She has also opened her kitchen to all her visitors, and they can use them anytime. Me being a 'wake-up-late' person used to have my complimentary breakfast almost at noon, but it would still be ready and fresh on the dining table.
    The location of the house is also perfect. On the seaside, and very close to some of the tourist attractions. It also has some good eateries around.
    The rooms do not have TV sets or Wifi, and so in case you need to have more entertainment in your room, you need to arrange that. Also as it is a home, visitors have to be back at the hotel by 10:30 pm, which is ok as puducherry shuts down early at night. We paid 1500 per day for the room, that included all taxes and a complimentary breakfast. A luxury for budget vacationers.
    We had a great time in Vatika. The most peaceful and relaxed holiday. Thanks to our host, Mrs.Dutta indeed! Will surely come back again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right have a good view of the sea. Top floor rooms are bigger.
    • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank grtadventurer
    Reviewed 26 March 2012

I just came back from Pondicherry today morning and felt I should write this review before anything else. I stayed at Vatika guest house for 1 day.

The hostess - Miss Datta - is the warmest host. She opened up her kitchen and dining area to guests like me and made them feel like home. The room was spacious and clean. I completely fell in love with the house. It is a very different homely place where every little detail is taken care of by Miss Datta. The furniture and the aesthetics take you to a different time altogether. You would feel it from very little things throughout the house. The location is also perfect. You can see the sea from the balcony and the roof. Also the neighborhood is pretty posh, well connected, and safe. You can always walk for a minute and reach the beach. The next day we had to check out at noon and had our bus in the evening. Miss Datta gladly let us store our luggage at her premises from until night so that we could travel to Auroville without having to worry about our luggage.

If you are looking to experience more than just a regular trip, do give this a shot. However do not stay here if you want to stay out in the night, make noise, consume alcohol etc. Come here to experience serenity and retreat. The rules here are to come back home by 10:30PM and to remove your shoes at the stairway. I would personally love to go there back again sometime.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
    4  Thank vishalsrivastav
    Reviewed 16 February 2012

I had heard about Vatika Guest House from friends, hence my confidence in booking myself and three friends there for our recent stay in Pondicherry. Not requiring TV nor pool, we were very happy to enjoy the warm atmosphere, the charming and comfortable rooms, and the underlying attitude of sincere care for us from the owner, Datta. Her many talents coupled with her language skills make her a great hostess who can help guests with their questions about ashram activities in Pondy or Auroville. Breakfast is pure and simple: fruit, brown bread, yogurt and a delicious blended tea. Other meals were wonderfully prepared home-cooked Indian dishes. I even got a few Indian recipes and cooking tips while there. This place is located just a five minute walk from the ocean in one direction and the ashram in another. Many restaurants are close by. This guest house is ideal if you want a peaceful holiday with close friends or family or even alone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo