“Family”
Review of Meson de Don Juan

Meson de Don Juan
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Gracias
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

The food is excellent however the service is spotty because no one in the restaurant speaks English and it's difficult to communicate your wants or needs.

Reviewed 3 December 2015

I've had dinner here several times on visits to Gracias. It's perhaps the 'finest' restaurant in the town, with a varied menu at moderate prices, in a nicely decorated dining room at attractive tables and chairs with cloth napkins and nice dinnerware. I think this is in sharp contrast to a lot of places in town where you might be eating at a picnic table or a plastic table with plastic or metal chairs. It just enhances the dining experience to be in a bit nicer surroundings, and it certainly helps that there's a variety of menu items to choose from: beef, pork, chicken, fish, and pasta. All the meals we've ever ordered have been well prepared.

I think this is a great place for dinner after a day out sightseeing, hiking, or at the hot springs.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Because of the reviews I had read and that this was the first town I visited in Honduras, I had my first meal at this restaurant. I circled the block several times before I found it as there was a big truck parked in front of the entrance and I'm glad I didn't give up looking !The atmosphere was charming and the soup a delight. I couldn't finish the entire bowl even though I really tried as it was so tasty!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

The steak sandwich, filet mignon, and chicken cordon bleu were nicely prepared and tasty for a recent family dinner. At lunch and dinner this restaurant is a nice respite from typical Honduran fare. We also ate breakfast here five times and alternated between pancakes and a traditional Honduran breakfast (eggs, beans, ham, plantains, fresh cheese, and mantequilla - sort of like sour cream).

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Anafre (a hot bowl of bean dip and cheese) served with tortilla chips and salsa is one of the best and traditional dishes they offer. Salads are not great here but the vegetarian sandwich is pretty good! Beautiful decorations but kind of pricey and service can be slow even when you're the only party at the restaurant.