3,188 results
All reviewsanimation teamland viewupstairs poolporklovely hotelevening entertainmentthomas cooka la carte restaurantsteam roomcocktail barself servicejunior suitepastachocolate fountainseparate bedroomkids cluba sea view room
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Visited for 5 nights I with my husband and was really disappointed. Beware of booking ‘mountain view’ rooms as these are basically the back of the hotel facing the bins and road. Reception desk staff were either super helpful or couldn’t care less, spa was dreadful. The all inclusive restaurant was ok, staff there were lovely, and it did have a wide range of food. Was worthwhile eating later in each sitting as that’s when fresh stuff was brought out ahead of staff having their meals.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Travelreviewer1200
blas p, Gerente at HD Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

First of all let me set the scene by saying we’re a family of four-2 adults, a 3.5year old and an 8month old. We arrived at the hotel after a painless 20minute transfer from the airport. We were checked in rapidly and given our room key. Reception staff are polite, but not over friendly (not a bad thing).

Room
Our room (117) was fantastic. Huge, with plenty of room for all of us to co-exist. A travel cot was set up for our baby, but it looked a bit worn so we chose to bed share. The sofa bed was a single, which was perfect for our little miss. It slid under the sofa noiselessly when not in use. We had a junior suite sea view room and it was definitely worth paying extra for. The sea was but a stone’s throw away from our spacious balcony and we looked out onto the front lawn also. We are about 45 seconds walk from the main restaurant, but couldn’t hear a peep even at mealtimes-some great sound-proofing!

Spa
The spa only allowed access to children over 3 (a bit gutted baby couldn’t go, but I understand why as not all parents use swim nappies) between 10-11am. It’s €5 per adult and free for kids under 15yrs. There are 3 jacuzzis and a small pool, about 30degrees which is what you would get in the uk for kids anyway. It’s a great way to spend an hour if the weather isn’t great.

Mealtimes
Mealtimes were quite painless too. My advice would be to arrive at lunch and dinner as soon after they open as you can manage as it gets really busy about 30mins later. Us “young families” could often be seen queuing to get in, but it meant the kids were fed and happy and parents not stressed or mowed down by child-free adults.
The food variety was sensible. I often find that hotels that provide too much choice end up with lots of waste and may have to recycle food into other meals, so it was lovely to have fewer choices, but better cooked food. I don’t really see the obsession with steaming hot food that will burn your palette that people seem to have these days, but the food was hot enough for us. There is a microwave, should you opt for lava-like food. Drinks were self service and areas kept spill-free. The staff were efficient and careful, not passively-aggressive attacking people with trolleys as you sometimes get abroad. They were friendly to the kids and patient with clearing of plates. Amongst the best restaurant service we have experienced as a family in our 15 holidays together.

Mini disco
Mini disco was at 7:30-8pm each night except for Sundays. Our little girl enjoyed it every time. Regular mini disco songs, held indoors, with a bar for easy access to a cold drink to see you through “Chichewa”. Once it was done, a few songs were played to give you chance to herd your kids out and to bed or relax ready for the evening show.

Surrounding area
A small resort centre was a 10minute walk away. Plenty of bars and shops and a nice walk along the promenade with a lovely beach.

Beach
The hotel sits on a beach, and there are lovely views to be had over the sea with a rocky pier over to the left..the beach however is not your typical white sandy beach..it is partly rocky, partly sandy. As you walk left, facing the sea, the water gets shallower but there are slippery rocks under the water which you must be cautious of and lots of seaweed when the tide is out. It is still fun though, but there are no sun loungers-we took our own parasol and set up with towels etc and that did us for about an hour or so. To the right, along the promenade or through the resort if you have a pushchair, there is a lovely sandy beach in costa teguise centre. There are also some restaurants, bars etc, and a few nice spots for an ice cream on a hot day. That’s about a 10minute relaxed-paced walk from HD.

Pool
Plenty of room by the roof pool, although we didn’t use it. The “ground floor” pool was ok too..the kids pool was nice, but my only issue was that there were not enough sunbeds in the enclosure, so if it was full you couldn’t put your stuff close to you when the kids are playing.

If you are looking for a holiday where you can get drunk and loud and leery, please look elsewhere. This hotel is classy in an understated way. It is tastefully decorated and well looked after, although could do with a sprucing up in places. It is family friendly but also enables you to enjoy your holiday as adults.
Would I recommend it??most definitely. Would we return? I’m already checking out availability for this summer. Mucho gracias, HD!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
9  Thank assie o

Dear Mr. / Mrs.,
Thank you very much for taking a few minutes of your time to comment on our hotel. For us its evaluation is very important, since we can rectify, and be able to better satisfy our future clients. Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to spend your holidays, and we hope to see you again here at HD Beach Resort & Spa.
Greetings from Lanzarote!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This was a return visit to this hotel .sadly as much as we enjoyed our holiday the hotel is not keeping up with maintenance. To visit this hotel next Easter it's over £950 each ! so taking this into account you would think the hotel would be keeping up with simple things like outside paint work, dinning room etc .The food was ok but it was chips and salted pototes every day twice a day . Breakfast is still very good. The snack bar in the day time is still poor .our room was lovely , we had a sea view which was worth the extra money . The staff are amazing friendly and work very hard . Hotel is clean .The all important question will I be returning ? Sadly it's a no .As much as I love where this hotel is the price for next year is to high for the standard that the hotel is falling to with its maintenance and it's food .I have been to much better hotel that will cost a extra £100 per person and the food and hotel are amazing not good. Sadly Hd beach resort I won't be booking a return for next year

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank sjatter
blas p, Gerente at HD Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We've had a really relaxing week, weather improved towards the end which made it even better. Rooms were clean and comfortable with excellent descriptions available online before you arrive so you know what to expect. We had a sea room view which was lovely to look out onto. An excellent spa facility where we enjoyed a massage and facial with prosecco in one of the 3 hot tubs. Always plenty of room around the pool, never had any issue getting a sun bed and drinks were readily available. Pool was acclimatised to around 22 degrees although didn't feel like it getting in! Once you're used to it, it's fine and nice relief from the sun. Food was good, always decent choices and somewhere to sit, typical all inclusive buffet set up, very easy. Animation team were hard working and encouraged you to participate without pressurising and it seemed that there was plenty to do for the kids (we travelled as a couple). Lovely walks close by to the local town which had a lot going on in terms of restaurants and bars and a lovely beach just 10mins down the prom. Would recommend bringing a hoodie or cardigan for the evenings as they are a little chilly especially if you want to sit outside. All in all, very pleasant and relaxing stay. Thank you to all the staff.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen G

Greetings from Lanzarote!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I visited with my wife and three year old son at the end of March 2018.
The location is excellent, as are the staff, (very friendly and helpful).
The food was OK, (as you have to factor in the fact that they are mass catering for different tastes and cultures), so I can’t really complain too much, however the daytime food behind the bar by the kids pool seemed to be the left overs from lunch, which was a bit poor.

The beer (Tropical) wasn’t actually that bad, I’m pretty fussy and I’ve been to all inclusive places in Spain where the local brew which was included was undrinkable! So in that respect (although it’s not going to win any awards) i was pleasantly surprised, the spirits (which were served in generous amounts) were generic brands and not up to the quality you would hope for, but again, it’s kind of what I expected.

The gym however is pretty useless, both running machines and one of the two exercise bikes were broken (which equates to about 50% of the total machines in the place) I asked the staff if/when they would be fixed and the first one said she would phone immediately and report it (I didn’t really believe this, as the fact that three of their major machines were broken, they must have known already) over the next couple of days I went back and questioned different members of staff, to see if they were fixed and I could use them, eventually one admitted that they had been reported numerous times but nothing was being done (I was not happy about it).

So, if one of your reasons for picking this resort is the gym facilities, go elsewhere!

The decor, although pretty good throughout most of the hotel was beginning to show issues (such as the wall at the back of the dining room appeared to have damp and the plaster coming away.

The kids disco/entertainment was great, but not on on Sunday evenings (it is a Catholic country after all).

If it was cheap enough, I would go back, so that should tell you something, but if I didn’t have kids, go next door to the Melia, it looks fantastic! Costa Teguise itself is a great little place with pretty much everything you need, I’ll be looking to go self catering there next time (I like the town so much I plan to return).

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family