See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 September 2014

Just returned, from these apartments, read through a few of the reviews and wishing I was back there, Arrival is easy if you tell the cab driver to go straight to the Argiri Hotel, We met Costas (1.30am) who could not have been more helpful, he walked us to the apartments and when no note was found about which room we were in, he shot off and returned with Leo the caretaker. The room was more than acceptable for the price paid, Leo was always friendly, cleaner was superb Sundays being her day off. We had the room next to the dog!!( Yes it barks but a minor problem).we didn't bother with air con and no real problems with mozzies. We found everyone we met to be very friendly. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Holli666
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a week's stay at the Emiliana apartments.
My husband and I arrived at around 1030pm,and after reading the other reviews, I was aware that there is no reception at these apartments. I was a bit worried about how we would know which our apartment would be, and after a quick conversation with some other guests who were having a drink on their balcony, we discovered a piece of paper with our name on taped to the door of our apartment (B2).

The apartment was a studio style, 2 beds, small kitchen area with kettle, toaster,fridge and an electric 2 ring hotplate, all that you would expect. It was very clean, and we had a wonderful view from the balcony, with the sea directly below.

The apartment was cleaned 6 days out of 7, Sofia was a lovely lady, always cheerful. We paid extra for aircon, at 5 euros a night, it was essential as during the day the temperature was in the high 30' s. We didn't have it the first night and had to leave balcony doors open. The sound of the waves below was lovely but we were bitten a lot by mosquitos...to be fair though, mosquitos are in every country!!

We also paid 25 Euro to keep our apartment as we were not due to leave until 730pm on our last day, well worth it.

All in all, these are probably the best Greek apartments we have stayed in. The resort itself is a bit sorry for itself, it's our third visit to kardamena in the past 12 years, the last visit being about 8 years ago. The 2 apartment blocks next to emiliana are empty, as is the big hotel next to them. There are a lot of bars/ cafes closed in town, but if you are looking for a cheap break in kos, you can't really go far wrong with emiliana. I would return to these apartments if I venture to kardamena again, I only hope that they survive the decline in this resort.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vinorosado
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Location - The main problem you will have is finding the apartments. 5 different taxi drivers didn't know where it is. We arrived at 4am with no clue where to go but having been to Kardamena before we had a rough idea where it was from photo on this site. We eventually found it and there was nobody there, no reception and no notes to tell us where to go. We went to the argiri hotel nearby (tell taxi to drop you there from airport) as they have 24 hour reception who phoned the caretaker of apartments. He doesn't speak English, only Greek, so don't expect any apologies about having to wander the streets. I have attached photos to try to help with finding the place. It's down a dark side street to the left of moto anais car rental. Right to end at sea and emiliana is last door on right. Practically on beach. It's in a quiet residential area with no noise other than the sea at night which was more of a nuisance than relaxing. The problem is a dog next door which is left out from 9am till 9pm and barks loudly and often which isn't great after a night out. Supermarket and ta adelfia and Hellas restaurants are 50m away and both excellent. The main nightlife is 5 mins away.

Rooms - we booked a 1 bedroom apartment as my mate snores really badly and we got 1 bedroom but the only problem is the aircon is only in the living room meaning the bedroom is roasting. Opening doors is not an option due to Mosquitos and noise from sea which is literally 2 metres from the room. They moved us next day into 2 separate studios but we had to complain to booking agent and take caretaker to argiri to translate our issues. Wasted our first day doing this. The studios were basic but clean. Comfy beds, each room has 2 singles, no double beds available. Plenty sockets etc, hob for cooking and basic utensils and a pot. Big fridge. Toilets are tiny but clean. My biggest issue was the shower, nowhere to hang the shower head meaning you need to hold it above your head to shower. The room was cleaned 5 days out of 7, new towels and sheets but they only give you one toilet paper for the week. Aircon is €35 per week per room.

Not without its problems but the place is clean and they try to help once they understand what your saying. I won't be back though as I don't like wandering the streets trying to get access to my room, or holding shower heads above me while trying to wash, or being woke up by barking dogs every morning......

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank paul0107
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We lived at Emiliana apartments for 10 days. Ocean-view, balconies on two sides of the building. The apartments are on the beach, and just few min to walk to the senter, stors and resturants. The cleaning-lady was smily and serviceminded. Clean rooms every day. Even if there are no resepsjon, you just talk to the persons who are cleaning or doing maintenance. No problems getting aircon, or stay longer at the room, the day we were leaving. (For some euros, of courses). I recommend Emiliana :-)

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Mingeming
Reviewed 25 August 2013

After all the negative reviews on Tripadvisor of this hotel we did not know what to expect. The Negative reviews are so not true! This is the best place to stay in Kardamena, if your holiday is about sunbading on the beach and not laying at the pool. There is no reception, but its not needed as there are staff around during the day.

The apartment hotel is simple, but you got everything you need. You cannot get a better location, it is right on the beach. We had two balcony's, with Seaview.
The cleaning lady is BRAVO, so friendly and the room was spotless everyday. We asked for a late check out, and that was no problem. We paid 20 euros extra for late check out.
You have to rent sunbeds from the old man right next to the hotel. He is so friendly and has the cleanest beach, he became our friend and gave us fresh figs from his garden every day :)!

You must rent Aircon, cost 5 euros pr. day, totally worth it. Make sure you spray the room, as there can be lots of Mosquitos.

If I was going back to Kardamena I would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends