We had planned this special holiday as we were both burned out with stress of work etc., so really looking forward, almost fantasising about the Spa.....the sauna, steam room and treatments and especially working out in the gym.
We arrived late Tuesday evening at the Mitis Blue Bomes Resort and Spa, and could not complain about our room which was very modern, spacious, comfortable beds and a welcome bottle of wine and two apples that had seen better days....however, we used the key card and the electric would stay on for one minute and then go off, we had to make over TEN phone calls to Reception, as the third NEW KEY CARD continued to mess with our stress levels! We were assured someone (again!) was on their way with a new key card, however this took over 45 minutes for someone to appear. We tried to stay calm, but it was hot and all we wanted was the air conditioning on and to go out and see what our holiday destination had to offer.
The key card arrived.....air conditioning on......we went to the pool bar.....plastic small cups and one very rude bar tender who asked what planet I was on (!!!) I just looked in absolute shock....was it because I was not flirting or smiling from ear to ear at the barman....I was rather tired from getting up at 6.00 am that morning - but didn't think I looked like something from outer space, and my partner assures me I didnt!it was midnight and wanted a drink, sit down and chill with my partner - but having a plastic cup with a Pina Colada that was poured out of a very large plastic container wasnt taking my fancy! Five star plus, I do not think so!
Anyway, day 1 - went to Breakfast - had a great omlette served by Constantina who was just wonderful, always smiling and always chatting away and making us welcome EVERY morning. The greatest omlettes ever! Thank you Constantina!!!! The food was AVERAGE and although there is a lot of choice, it is not great quality. So please do not expect anything special. They do have the ASIAN, GREEK and ITALIAN restaurants near the sea front, however you have to book via the online system near the entrance to the dining room. Long queues which migrate with the dining queue......you have to be very early to book for the next evening, however when we did get to book a table at the Greek Restaurant, most tables were empty, but the online system told it was fully booked, having taken the last booking....the ASIAN restaurant is far the best and had two great meals there. There are stray cats that want food, so if you do not like cats, you may find this a problem.....very sad to see.
Do not book this hotel if you want jacuzzi, sauna and steam room....you have to pay 15 Euros per hour to use the steam or sauna and the hydro pool which is NOT HEATED. The gym has only one lot of weights and a cross trainer in the room and some days the air conditioning was not turned on. The Spa treatments were VERY expensive. Having treatments in the UK at some of the best places, I thought the prices were very high - most days the Spa was empty and the staff walking aimlessly around looking for things to do.
The sunbeds - well you are going to get this everywhere - however when we checked in we were told to remove any towels on sun loungers if people were not sat on them. People must have been not sleeping at night to place their towels at sunset to ensure a sun lounger - this thought process is beyond me, and it causes stress for other holiday makers. My partner and I (bearing in mind we wanted to de-stress!!) had to look for lonely, vacant sun loungers and then carry them so we could lay together!!!! Just crazy. Who in their right mind wants an altercation with a fellow holiday maker over removing towels....come on now!!
The two waitresses at the Burger Bar and Greek Pool Restaurant were just AMAZING. They were polite and always interested in their diners. Couldn't fault them at all, and bearing in mind they are paid very little, the service they provide is exceptional - perhaps us Brits ought to take note of their customer service skills!!! We tipped them because they were just fantastic and only earn £20 a day for all their long hours and hard work. Please tip these people as they deserve every penny. Please dont think I paid for this so no tipping, you pay for a meal in England and tip anyway!
The pools are beautiful but the tiles are coming off in many of the pools so be careful.
Jet skiing is £50 for 15 minutes which was great fun, and would highly recommend as the jet skis are very fast!
All in all, we paid a lot for this holiday and would honestly say it is four star at a push. Sharm was much better value and had NO stress at all!!!!
The mini bars are stocked up free of charge every day so if you want to venture out, you can take with you to save on the old pennies.
Do not hire a quad bike or a car from the Hotel. Get a taxi £7 to Kardamena and go to a hire place there where you will get a much better quality car or bike for half the price!!! We feel this so please dont fall into this trap yourself.
I do not think we would go there again - which I am really sorry to say, because we so needed this holiday! So now going on line to book another one somewhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mitsis Blue Domes Exclusive Resort & Spa in Kardamena is a 5 Star Plus hotel opened in 2010 and is nestled at the foot of Mount Dikeos and overlooking a sweeping beach. An incredible range of leisure , facilities, superb cuisine and 499 beautifully furnished guest rooms, villas, family rooms and maisonettes, combine to make an ideal holiday hideaway for discerning travelers. ACCOMMODATION : Tasteful and Elegant luxury The Mitsis Blue Domes Exclusive Resort & Spa offers a total of 499 luxurious and tastefully appointed guest rooms that combine simple elegance and sublime views catering to every wish. Rooms include 171 Standard Double Rooms, 243 Bungalows, 48 Family Rooms, 32 Maisonettes and 5 Villas. All rooms are surrounded by incredible gardens and more than19 pools to relax and enjoy. The room decoration and style is chosen using earth colors with marble floors and wooden furniture and wooden roofs in most rooms. This resort is designed to surpass the expectations of any customer. RESTAURANTS AND BARS : Tasty treats all day and night The hotel offers numerous gastronomic delights throughout the day (07:00-02:00) at no extra charge. At bars a large variety of alcoholic, hors d'oeuvres, snacks, ice cream and soft drinks are given richly. Also at the restaurants, beer, wine, ouzo, a well as juices and soft drinks are served. MEALS All meals in the main restaurant are served in a show cooking buffet style. Also every night guests have the possibility to taste specialties from Greek and International cuisine, such as Italian, Asian and Mexican in the 4 a la carte restaurants. Furthermore, 6 more restaurants are available during day time offering a variety of meals such as burgers, pita gyro, sushi, traditional Greek delicacies, beer house and a pastry corner as well as a live cooking station offering traditional pies. MAIN RESTAURANT EARLY BREAKFAST (UPON REQUEST ONLY) 04:00 - 07:00 CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST 07:00 - 10:00 AMERICAN BUFFET LATE BREAKFAST 10:00 - 10:30 CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST ROOM SERVICE 07:30 - 10:00 LUNCH 12:30 - 14:30 COMPLETE BUFFET DINNER 19:00 - 21:30 COMPLETE BUFFET LATE ARRIVALS DINNER 22:30 - 23:30 SELECTION OF SALADS & HOT DISHES 23:30 - 01:30 SELECTION OF SALADS It is important to mention that after 18:30 there is a dress code in all the restaurants and bars. Formal is optional but casual smart is required. Shorts, vests or open toe shoes for men are not allowed. A LA CARTE RESTAURANTS The all inclusive program offers all guests the possibility to have their meals in the following restaurants. ITALIAN RESTAURANT (CLIENTS SHOULD MAKE RESERVATION IN ADVANCE) LUNCH 12:30 - 14:30 DINNER 19:00 - 21:30 ELLINADIKO RESTAURANT (CLIENTS SHOULD MAKE RESERVATION IN ADVANCE) LUNCH 12:30 - 14:30 DINNER 19:00 - 21:30 MEXICAN RESTAURANT (CLIENTS SHOULD MAKE RESERVATION IN ADVANCE) DINNER 19:00 - 21:30 ASIAN RESTAURANT (CLIENTS SHOULD MAKE RESERVATION IN ADVANCE) DINNER 19:00 - 21:30 PASTRY CORNER (NO RESERVATION REQUIRED) OPEN FROM 10:30 - 01:30 (LAST ORDER 01:00) OUZERI (NO RESERVATION REQUIRED) OPEN FROM 12:30 - 20:30 (LAST ORDER 20:00) BEERARIA (NO RESERVATION REQUIRED) OPEN FROM 12:30 - 20:30 (LAST ORDER 20:00) BURGER IN (NO RESERVATION REQUIRED) OPEN FROM 12:30 - 20:30 (LAST ORDER 20:00) PITA CORNER (NO RESERVATION REQUIRED) OPEN FROM 12:30 - 20:30 (LAST ORDER 20:00) SUSHI (NO RESERVATION REQUIRED) OPEN FROM 12:30 - 20:30 (LAST ORDER 20:00) TRADITIONAL PITA STATION OPEN FROM 10:30 - 17:30 BARS BEACH BAR OPEN FROM 10:00 - 18:00 (LAST ORDER 17:30) ISLAND POOL BAR OPEN FROM 10:00 - 01:00 (LAST ORDER 00:30) GARDEN POOL BAR OPEN FROM 10:00 - 18:00 (LAST ORDER 17:30) LOBBY BAR OPEN FROM 10:00 - 23:00 (LAST ORDER 22:30) NIGHT BAR WITH LIVE MUSIC OPEN FROM 18:00 - 01:00 (LAST ORDER 00:30) THEATRE BAR OPEN DURING THE ANIMATION SHOWS DRINKS In all the restaurants during meals an unlimited selection of drinks is offered, such as wines, draft beer, soft drinks, water, etc. In the bars an unlimited variety of national alcoholic beverages, including ouzo, brandy, cocktails, draft beer, soft drinks, coffee, refreshments and juices are on offer. LUNCH BASKETS & EARLY BREAKFAST All guests on excursions can exchange their meal with a lunch basket. Please note that orders need to be placed before 20:00 the day prior at the main restaurant. Continental breakfast is available for early departures between 04:00 and 07:00 only upon request. OTHER SERVICES ROOM SERVICE OPEN FROM 07:00 - 24:00 (LAST ORDER 23:30) Guests can order breakfast, lunch or dinner to be delivered in the room from the available menu at an extra charge of €3,00 per tray. MINI BAR Wine and a selection of fruit is available upon arrival. Also the mini bar is refilled daily with beers, soft drinks and bottles of mineral water free of charge. SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT Moments of spontaneous fun and adventure. A variety of facilities for the whole family are available. Built with families in mind, we offer a range of free sports and recreational facilities within the hotel's grounds. SWIMMING : Splash around.... Guests of all ages can choose between the 19 outdoor seawater pools and the beautiful pebble beach. Umbrellas, sun beds are available free of charge. Beach towels are also available however a refundable deposit of €20,00 per towel is required. JUST FOR KIDS : A complimentary program for kids... No matter how old your children are they are sure to have a great time at the Blue Domes Wonderland, the place where Mitso & Mitsa our mascots live. The Mini Club keeps children entertained during the day, providing a safe and friendly atmosphere with supervision. Daily games for the young ones from 4 to 7 years old from 10:00 to 17:00 and during the evenings the children's fun continues with Mini Disco from 20:00 to 21:30. The Maxi Club (8 to 12 years old) and The Junior Club (13 to 15 years old) operating during July and August allow the children to meet and spend time with others of their age and give the parents the opportunity to relax. Children facilities include: An integrated sweet water pool and a playground with waterslides. Furthermore we have a library, painting room, music room, puppet show, rest area and movie room, all available for the entertainment of the little ones while the parents relax and rest. Not to forget the free carousel every night as well as the games and internet room. High chairs and baby cots are available for infants. OTHER FACILITIES & ACTIVITIES (FREE OF CHARGE) • Tennis Court • Mini Soccer Court • Pedal Boats & canoes • Beach Volley • Water Polo • Table Tennis • Billiards • Darts • Gymnastics, Aerobics • Games Room • Waterslides • Bridge Room • Windsurfing (with certificate) ACTIVITIES (AT CHARGE) • Water Skiing • Paragliding • Rings • Banana Boat • Jet Ski • Horse & Pony Riding (external contractor upon request) • Paint Ball games (external contractor upon request) ENTERTAINMENT A multilingual animation team provides throughout day and night various activities and games such as musicals, karaoke nights, cabarets, sketches, shows, competition games, demonstrations and many other in order to amuse the guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Blue Domes Hotel Kardamena
- Mitsis Blue Domes Resort And Spa
- Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa Kos/Kardamena