“Five Star Resort??”

Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Five Star Resort??”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

We had planned this special holiday as we were both burned out with stress of work etc., so really looking forward, almost fantasising about the Spa.....the sauna, steam room and treatments and especially working out in the gym.

We arrived late Tuesday evening at the Mitis Blue Bomes Resort and Spa, and could not complain about our room which was very modern, spacious, comfortable beds and a welcome bottle of wine and two apples that had seen better days....however, we used the key card and the electric would stay on for one minute and then go off, we had to make over TEN phone calls to Reception, as the third NEW KEY CARD continued to mess with our stress levels! We were assured someone (again!) was on their way with a new key card, however this took over 45 minutes for someone to appear. We tried to stay calm, but it was hot and all we wanted was the air conditioning on and to go out and see what our holiday destination had to offer.

The key card arrived.....air conditioning on......we went to the pool bar.....plastic small cups and one very rude bar tender who asked what planet I was on (!!!) I just looked in absolute shock....was it because I was not flirting or smiling from ear to ear at the barman....I was rather tired from getting up at 6.00 am that morning - but didn't think I looked like something from outer space, and my partner assures me I didnt!it was midnight and wanted a drink, sit down and chill with my partner - but having a plastic cup with a Pina Colada that was poured out of a very large plastic container wasnt taking my fancy! Five star plus, I do not think so!

Anyway, day 1 - went to Breakfast - had a great omlette served by Constantina who was just wonderful, always smiling and always chatting away and making us welcome EVERY morning. The greatest omlettes ever! Thank you Constantina!!!! The food was AVERAGE and although there is a lot of choice, it is not great quality. So please do not expect anything special. They do have the ASIAN, GREEK and ITALIAN restaurants near the sea front, however you have to book via the online system near the entrance to the dining room. Long queues which migrate with the dining queue......you have to be very early to book for the next evening, however when we did get to book a table at the Greek Restaurant, most tables were empty, but the online system told it was fully booked, having taken the last booking....the ASIAN restaurant is far the best and had two great meals there. There are stray cats that want food, so if you do not like cats, you may find this a problem.....very sad to see.

Do not book this hotel if you want jacuzzi, sauna and steam room....you have to pay 15 Euros per hour to use the steam or sauna and the hydro pool which is NOT HEATED. The gym has only one lot of weights and a cross trainer in the room and some days the air conditioning was not turned on. The Spa treatments were VERY expensive. Having treatments in the UK at some of the best places, I thought the prices were very high - most days the Spa was empty and the staff walking aimlessly around looking for things to do.

The sunbeds - well you are going to get this everywhere - however when we checked in we were told to remove any towels on sun loungers if people were not sat on them. People must have been not sleeping at night to place their towels at sunset to ensure a sun lounger - this thought process is beyond me, and it causes stress for other holiday makers. My partner and I (bearing in mind we wanted to de-stress!!) had to look for lonely, vacant sun loungers and then carry them so we could lay together!!!! Just crazy. Who in their right mind wants an altercation with a fellow holiday maker over removing towels....come on now!!

The two waitresses at the Burger Bar and Greek Pool Restaurant were just AMAZING. They were polite and always interested in their diners. Couldn't fault them at all, and bearing in mind they are paid very little, the service they provide is exceptional - perhaps us Brits ought to take note of their customer service skills!!! We tipped them because they were just fantastic and only earn £20 a day for all their long hours and hard work. Please tip these people as they deserve every penny. Please dont think I paid for this so no tipping, you pay for a meal in England and tip anyway!

The pools are beautiful but the tiles are coming off in many of the pools so be careful.

Jet skiing is £50 for 15 minutes which was great fun, and would highly recommend as the jet skis are very fast!

All in all, we paid a lot for this holiday and would honestly say it is four star at a push. Sharm was much better value and had NO stress at all!!!!

The mini bars are stocked up free of charge every day so if you want to venture out, you can take with you to save on the old pennies.

Do not hire a quad bike or a car from the Hotel. Get a taxi £7 to Kardamena and go to a hire place there where you will get a much better quality car or bike for half the price!!! We feel this so please dont fall into this trap yourself.

I do not think we would go there again - which I am really sorry to say, because we so needed this holiday! So now going on line to book another one somewhere else!

8 Thank Marve11ous12345
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

The Mitsis Blue Domes is truly the place to go amazing service lovely view and great entertainment especially the animation team Matthew, looked after my daughter Olivia very well and made her very happy I was also very impressed with all the team there we were early season 10th of may for 1 week I found the resort beautiful and lots to do the best all inclusive on kos highly recommend defiantly go back.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Pblake2012
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Blue Domes from 12-19 June 2012. We have previously stayed at the Mitsis Rodos Maris in Rhodes and the Mitsis Summer Palace in Kos.

Our experience was pure bliss. The accommodation is amazing, visually the whole complex is stunning. The view from the main bar is beautiful. The hotel room, number 233 was perfect. As seems to be usual you have twin beds pushed together. These were very comfy. There is a bath with shower and a cubicle with a toilet and power shower which we were very impressed with. we had a little balcony with two chairs and a little table outside our room and directly outside was a lovely pool. Its really long, must be nearly 25 metres but narrow, salt water, and perfect for early morning swims and cooling off. There are 12 sun loungers and you need to get up early to have a chance to get one. I think some people put their towels out at midnight! to be fair it does say in the hotel information that reservation of loungers is not acceptable but in practice there is no way they can enforce that. With over 1400 guests during our stay, it was surprising that we didnt really see that many people apart from meal times.

We both highly recommend the main restaurant. For breakfasts you have the choice of yogurts and fresh fruits or if you fancy a fry up there is bacon, eggs, or omlettes and plenty of choice, I think personally the coffee is better than the tea but thats because I like mine strong!

For dinner the main restaurant always has some sort of meat being carved, the honey pork is out of this world. The grilled veggies are lovely, the grilled fish was a favourite too. Mainly I stuck to the fresh salads and grilled veggies with the stuffed aubergines which are amazing.

There are several non-bookable restaurants around the pool bar. The pastry corner which does the most amazing crepes to order is a must, the ice cream is lovely too, we didnt try the beeraria or burger in but the sushi and pitta corner were really lovely.

With regard to the bookable restaurants, we only tried Asia and Italian and mexican. The portion sizes are good, really good. out of the three we tried I have to say that Asia was the best and purely for the starter of belly pork, its in some sort of sticky plum dressing which literally melts in the mouth. Although the noodle dishes seem to be a bit like the noodles in pot noodle.

The alcohol available:- there are no named brand alcohols but dont let that put you off. The beer is produced in Rhodes and we are used to it, very similar to Budweiser and very drinkable. The white wine is actually lovely and the cocktails are a bit on the strong side!!!

I wish we had booked for longer. It was more expensive than our stay at the Summer Palace but it was worth every single penny and I would be more than happy to go again I absolultely loved it.

The staff are very friendly. Particularly the staff in the main restaurant, both those serving the hot foods and the people who show you to the table and take your drinks order. I can only imagine they work incredibly long hours, indeed the lady in the pastry corner, I am sorry I didnt get her name always seemed to have a smile on her face and very polite.

I cannot rate this holiday experience highly enough. I have never enjoyed a holiday this much and been so relaxed and felt so spoilt - that is down to a very good team of people at the hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms will be of a high standard. We stayed in 233 which is to the right hand side as you face...
2 Thank Luckysmurf
Tervola
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Just got back from a week's holiday at Blue Domes. Great time at a great hotel! The only minus was overbooking at the beginning, which forced us ( my husband and me) to stay one night at a sister hotel, Norida Beach. But they compensated for this by lettting us keep the room on departure day until 7 p.m. Departure was as late as at 9 p.m. Also 20% discount was offered on anything at the spa. And we could have chosen any excursion for free or a car for a day.

All the restaurants offered delicious food, even the buffet. Our absolute favourite was the traditional Greek restaurant, Ellinadiko, on the beach. The mussel appetisers were the best I have ever tasted. And we even got the recipe for them to prepare at home! We tried all the a la cartes and they all served fantastic food.

The alcohol driks at the bars were sometimes really strong. Of course there is not such a big selection of different drinks. But we found the variety satisfactory.

The minibar is stocked daily with beer, softdrinks and water.

The staff were always helpful and friendly. At breakfast Constantina frying the omelettes always had a smile on her face and was so happy to talk with the guests making everybody feel welcome. We stayed in room 109 which was cleaned by a Georgian maid called Natela. She did excellent work and always had time to talk with us.

The one thing that could couse problems for some is the long distances and steep hills and lots of stairs. My husband has MS and gets easily tired, so we didn't go to the beach except on one day.

Morpeth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Just returned from a 14 night stay at the Blue Domes, weather was excellent albeit may be to breezy for some. Hotel is a 50 minute walk from Kardemena, local bus service runs daily and also taxi's available. Hotel is a vast complex, so can cater for a huge amount of guests so therefore when the the hotel is full (as it was) there does appear to be a queeing issue's for food, bars and the computer dining reservation system, (although I have to say that a lot of the issue's here, where due to guests not using the computer correctly).
Our room (645) was very spacious and clean, certainly one of the best hotel rooms we have stayed in, and the mini bar re-stocked on a daily basis.
We went to the beach every day and never had a sunbed issue, and there were beds always available up to 10 - 11 am, but looking at the pool area's there was obviously issues their, as there was no spare beds at 8:30am daily. We found the multi-national staff always helpful, even though it appeared that they were under great pressure to deliver a very good service. Food was very good (some may say repetitive), and in the Italian, Asian, Mexican and Greek Restaurants the food was excellent.
A special mention must be given to the Beach Annimation team who tried thanklessly to keep the multi national guests entertained, and especially Luqa who when not running an entertainment, would take the time to mingle with the guests and put his multi lingual talents to good use by just walking up and down the beach and taking time to talk to guets on an individual basis.
My one and only real gripe was that I had to go to reception at 10:30am on our day of departure to see if we could keep our room on, after mid-day, albeit was not possible, which I can accept, I really cannot understand how a hotel of this size does not apparently know when and what rooms are going to be required at least 2 -3 days in advance. Overall a great place to stay and would re-commend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Geoff W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
0.6 km away
15.7 km away
The Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel
9.9 km away
Astir Odysseus Resort & Spa

Been to Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK