All reviewshotel close to the airportroom was largehoneymooncouchproximity
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We arrived late and surprised to discover that they have to shuttle you everywhere because of the hotel property being on a hill. The also have security at the entrance to the road that goes up the mountain so you feel quite safe. The decor is outdated and the rooms have a musty smell, but I am actually surprised that it is not worse, considering the age of the buildings and the humidity levels. Do not expect "expedited" service. You are on Mexican Time..... RELAX and enjoy.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms' views are blocked by other buildings. Second floor rooms have an awesome view of a portion of Guadalajara.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhoenixTopMan
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

It was just for one day but it was magicall, near the airport , on top of the mountain and the view of Guadalajara it was awesome.. surprisily perfect! Room service also very good food very efficcient!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2017

I stayed a the Hotel El Tapatio & Resort for 2 nights after spending 7 nights in the hustle and bustle of the financial district of Guadalajara. Yes it is an old resort but it exudes charm and character. The rooms are large clean and spacious the gardens around a massive pool are in immaculate condition and the views during the day and night are spectacular. This is a great place to wind down from a busy schedule before a quick trip to the airport to fly out of this great city.

Room Tip: Take plenty of photos
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Beautiful area. Hotel looks shabby but it's clean. I booked thru booking.com but I called hotel directly to ask for a first floor room or one next to an elevator. I have elderly parents and my mother cannot climb stairs or walk long distances. The person who answered, I later found out she was the manager, did not tell me the don't have elevators. She assured me she would have 2 first floor rooms. I called a second time prior to arrival, again repeating clearly that my mother could not climb stairs. Again she said the rooms were accessible. So imagine my surprise when arriving there are 4 flights of stairs to get to our room...one small flight from the parking space and 3 leading to our rooms. The other entrance involves a large staircase and a long walk from the reception area.
When I went to speak with them, the woman at the front desk only repeated over and over again that I booked the room via internet so it was my fault. She offered to change our rooms...for more $$.
Today, after coming back to our room, they did not replace the coffee packet. I called 2x and the inly response was they would send the manager to "verify" if it was true that housekeeping did not leave coffee. Apparently, we are suspected of trying to steal their coffee??? So far, we've waited 2 hours for the verification of the missing coffee packets. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if you have trouble walking.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank dru707
Reviewed 7 November 2017

If you are into incredible views, this is the hotel for you. It sits on the top of a small volcano (extinct i hope) and one has a very impressive 360 degree view of Guadalajara. The Hotel is an older, colonial style hotel, which I like. The staff is friendly and attentive. The rooms are being renovated, section by section. Our room was renovated, the room was very large, had a modern shower with the water coming at you from several nozzles. The room has a balcony with table and chairs, great place to sit and enjoy the view. Overall the room was very confortable, however it had one step between the bedroom area and the bathroom, which was a problem for someone in a wheelchair. In fact, the hotel is not set up very well to accomadate wheelchairs. One other problem was that there was not a covienience store within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family