“La Finca rocks !”

Price range: US$ 19 - US$ 42
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Thai
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La Finca Fusion specializes in traditional Thai cuisine along with mouthwatering steaks and BBQ specials. At La Finca all our meals are cooked 100% fresh to order. We use only the finest ingredients offering our clients the highest quality meal possible. La Finca is a family owned and operated restaurant set inside a warm and entertaining atmosphere. Our centuries old farmhouse welcomes clients with an open fireplace, stone floors and traditional Spanish architecture. We have live music every Friday night!La Finca can be booked anytime for your party or event. We also offer an offsite catering service.
“La Finca rocks !”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Dined at La Finca last night and the place is buzzing! We took friends from the UK , they are used to high standards and they were royally impressed. The green curry,pad thai,ka pow were delish and the hand made blueberry lemon tart...well....mega delish!
Whoever you are that own this gem just keep up the good work and good in yer !

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank nulaboy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Alcaidesa, Spain
“Fabulous food, fantastic exceptional service.”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

What a fantastic resturant, the staff were extremily friendly and the food was out of this world. This was my first visit to this resturant and I will be back ery soon.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank maldives39
Marbella, Spain
“A great find.”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

The restaurant an old cottage set in amongst tall trees and is decorated in a warm and charming style, very arty! cosy & romantic .Lovely wood burning fire place, live music and a very friendly happy staff. The food is delicious. Its our favourite night out as it covers everything. The deserts are amazing. I recommend this restaurant to everyone. Frances McGowan.

2 Thank nigelm52
Gibraltar
“Old world friendly and atmospheric restaurant with good food”
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Really enjoyed the night as a whole. Welcomed very well, service excellent .
A good menu,enjoyed the food and were bade farewell as though we were familly! Its the second time we have been and we will go again.
70 euro's for a couple with plenty of alcohol

4 Thank roger g
Gibraltar
“The best restaurant in the area”
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We all have our own opinions and that's why we use Tripadvisor to get a balanced view - my view of La Finca could not be further away from the negative comments made in the post made on 1 October.

Chris and Syrie, the owners of this Thai Fusion restaurant, are the most welcoming restaurateurs around. They started this fledgling business at the height of the current recession, some may say fool hardy but I say good on them for giving it a go. I have been to the restaurant every month (sometimes several times a month) since it opened and these 'new to the game' owners are getting better and better all the time. They are always eager to improve and actually listen to feedback.

Contrary to what Phil_s87 says, La Finca does not try and be an authentic Thai restaurant but is a fusion restaurant, taking influence from the Spanish heritage of the owners family, the Thai New Yorker Ben who is the head chef and other sources of inspiration. The building is indeed within a camp site, but is that important? Not for me. The building is an old Spanish Finca and is beautifully restored with high ceilings,original solid wood beams and a great open fireplace. Syrie is quite 'arty' and has decorated La Finca with a lot of care and attention and even if it's 'not your cup of tea' as us Yorkshire men say, you have to admire the comforting feeling the surroundings give you.

Moving onto the food at La Finca, I have personally never been to Thailand so can't say it is in any way similar to Thai food, however I do know what I like and the fresh ingredients used in every dish and the proper Thai spices imported from overseas make for a wonderful taste sensation. Having said this, I have brought friend to the restaurant and he told me the food at La Finca was fantastic and was as good as the amazing traditional Thai street vendor food he experienced over there. So even though it's fusion food, it still has a very strong basis in Thai cuisine.

My wife and I are vegetarian and there is limited choice at first glance on the menu for vegetarians, however Chris, Syrie and the ever bubbly head waitress Michie are extremely accommodating and will make virtually any dish with vegetarian alternatives or fish if you eat fish. So much so that we have tried most of the dishes on the menu several times over with our veggie alternatives. Chris has been so accommodating for me this year that he even opened up one lunchtime when the restaurant should have been closed in order to help me bring a group of golfers for a celebration farewell lunch.

As someone else mentioned, they have beer from a local micro brewery which is rather nice and the drinks are very reasonably priced. In terms of overall value, La Finca is very reasonably priced and I believe the owner's alternative approach of 'non greedy pricing' which we have experienced elsewhere nearby , is a big factor in why people come back time and time again. On average my wife and I will spend between 30 and 35€ a head for 3 courses and drinks, we think it's great value.

I mentioned earlier about needing a balance with reviews, so here goes; my only slight negative is that the to reach the toilet facilities inside the main building, you have to walk about 5 metres outside form the main door. I actually don't see this as an issue and to be honest to do anything about it would probably have a negative impact on the integrity of this lovely old building. Most of the time it's red hot here anyway and if it's raining, just use a brollie!!

The only time we have been disappointed with La Finca is a couple of weeks ago when we couldn't get in because they were fully booked!! Disappointed yet so delighted for them as a growing business, we just went 2 days later!

La Finca also has regular entertainment including an amazingly talented Gibraltan guitarist and even though for people like me who don't understand the stories behind the traditional music, the actual sound and Spanish guitar work is beautiful.

So, for amazing food cooked to your liking in terms of spiciness, in warm and appealing surroundings, served by genuinely nice people, try La Finca., You will not be disappointed. Our favourite restaurant in the whole of Andalusia is in Marbella about an hour from us and we used to go regularly even though it was such a distance away, La Finca is partly the reason why we go less often now - we have such good food on our doorstep since La Finca opened.!

Keep it up guys!