“Brilliant day”
Review of Top Gear Track Experience - CLOSED

Top Gear Track Experience
Reviewed 10 September 2016

I bought my husband the top gear track experience for his birthday . He got to drive 3 super cars around the top gear track and he loved it. Fully recommend if you want a gift for some one who loves car and its different too. All staff on day where great and very good running of all of it.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"excess"
"audi"

Reviewed 28 August 2016

I got the Star in the Reasonably Priced Car experience as a voucher last year and I must admit, after Chris Evans' series, I'd gone off the idea of going and couldn't really be bothered.

But we went, and after being shuttled here there and everywhere across Dunsfold Park, and turned up outside the track area - and I had the most amazing day.

Even before you get in the car, the studios are set up with all the original set, so all the news area sofas etc. There's a collection of the the star's challenge cars along with video clips of the original episodes for you to look at, as well as a to-scale Stig for selfies. It's genuinely quite exciting to be in the 'studios' - and must admit I was relieved it hadn't been transformed to the new series.

The experience starts with a go on the simulator to get an idea of the track - it's very unrealistic but a bit of fun, and is only accessible to the SITRPC guys, so I did feel a bit smug with all the dads around not getting a go!

I climbed in the car with my instructor, limbered up and drove onto the track. Included in the SITRPC experience is the video recording! When I bought the voucher this appeared to be an extra add on which I didn't bother with but was excited that I got this included to! The video is embarrassingly brilliant and has both an inside and outside camera just like the real stars.

The practise lap was terrifying!! I can't believe he was making me do full throttle at full opposite lock! I literally found myself screaming round the circuit! But it was so much fun. My timed lap wasn't as good but I wasn't there for the time at all - I was just so excited to get out there!

I had such a fantastic day, finished off with a burger on site and stood by the track watching everyone else. There was some hot laps going round too, so it was cool to watch the Stig out and about screeching sports cars round the track.

Absolutely fantastic day out and everyone I've told has been immensely jealous. So so much fun.

TGXP, Front Office Manager at Top Gear Track Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

We appreciate the time you have taken to review your experience and are so please to hear that you had such a fantastic time! Please keep up to date with our website for any offers. Thank you, we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

Christmas present for my husband. He drove Lamborghini, Ferrari, Audi R8, Aston Martin and Porsche 911.
I am in a wheelchair and Everyman Racing took great care to ensure I was catered for whilst my husband was racing.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

Never had a track day before so I had no idea what to expect. Being a huge Top Gear fan it was fantastic just to spend time in the studio, photos with my children on the couch that so many famous names have sat, viewing the cars & getting prepared with the simulator.....doing this an hour was gone in no time at! Everything is clearly explained throughout and even a driver with 25 years experience nerves begun to subside. My instructor for the 'star in a reasonably priced car' experience was Colin....what an absolute top man. Relaxed, calm and really gives you the confidence to 'go for it!!!!' Fantastic explanation pre warm up lap & great advice during the timed lap to get the best result.

Would recommend it to anyone as a gift or just to spoil yourself.....only downside.....I wanted another lap to top the leader board! :)

Thank you for reviewing you experience. We are happy top hear that your time at the track was so good. It's great to hear that the experience of our drivers gave you the knowledge to really have a good go at a fast lap. We hope to see you again in the future to see if you can best your own time. Many thanks.