“More glass blowing and it's still amazing”

Glassblowing & Paperweight making
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Just go and get stuck in. You'll not regret it. The boys will always make sure that you go away with something to be proud. You can't beat the creative thrill that you get.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"present"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 3 July 2017

I have been blowing glass here for the last 2years and I just love it they are all amazing ,it does not matter which person teaches you as they are all at a very high standard .i have made some amazing creations .it is one of the best experiences I have ever had and it makes you look at glass in a different light ,I now always turn it over to see how it was made .its absolutely fascinating.thank you jo , jake and Pete I will return.

1  Thank Anne L
Reviewed 27 June 2017

My husband Jim recently had a day course at this venue. The family bought him a voucher for his 70 th birthday. Wow!!! What a fascinating day. I went with him and loved every minute watching him. His teacher Pete was so understanding and informative and made the whole day fun and enjoyable. Jim made 2 glass flowers a hanging ball a small glass and a lovely vase. When our son in law collected and delivered them to us we were amazed at the end result after polishing etc. I can highly recommend this course and venue. Thank you to Pete and staff for their wealth of information and hospitality. Excellent.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

My mum and I went for a day course with Pete as our tutor he was so brilliant with us very encouraging and patient - he explained everything clearly and made learning interesting and fun. We were amazed that we managed to make so many things with Pete's help. Jo was a wonderful hostess really looking after us. Everybody was so friendly. We are looking forward to collecting our pieces

Date of experience: May 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

My friend and I have done 4 one day courses here over the last 2 years, with 3 different tutors. Our 3rd course with Pete was v disappointing.

When we booked the next one we said we didn't want Pete, but yet when we turned up it was him and they hadn't warned us. Yet again we were disappointed with Pete.

We both live in London, had taken the day off work and it was my friend's birthday. This is not a cheap day out and they should have warned us and given us the option not to go before we got there.

My friend sent a complaint in the next week, but received no apology for not letting us know at the time of booking or pre-warning us before the day.

It is such a shame as we want to carry on making glass but we won't be going back.

Date of experience: April 2017