Review Highlights
Blown Away

The most amazing day ever. You get to make some lovely pieces of glass. All the staff are mega... read more

Reviewed 27 August 2017
245Mark
London, United Kingdom
More glass blowing and it's still amazing

Just go and get stuck in. You'll not regret it. The boys will always make sure that you go away... read more

Reviewed 8 July 2017
marklifton
Byfleet, United Kingdom

All reviews glass blowing glass flowers jake teacher creative fascinating present
Reviewed 6 May 2017

I cannot recommend this highly enough. If like me, you are a little nervous about trying this, don't be because Jake is a brilliant teacher, expertly guiding you through the various stages so that in no time at all you have made something beautiful. I was astonished at how much I accomplished in the day and can't wait to collect my flowers, baubles and vase. Thank you Jake and your lovely Mum for making it such a special and memorable day.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 16 April 2017

We spent a morning glassblowing and had a wonderful time. A great day learning to make flowers, baubles and an almost matching pair of tumblers. All under expert and very patient supervision. Can't recommend it highly enough. I would give it six stars if I could.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 28 February 2017

My husband bought a day course for my birthday as I enjoy various creative hobbies. This was definitely the best day course I've been on in ages. Jake (class tutor) was brilliant at explaining everything and answering questions. We made lots of things (there were 2 of us in the class), and it was definitely hands-on. I was a bit nervous because I'd never done anything like it, but I felt at ease and Jake was always nearby if I wasn't sure about what I was doing. His mum, Jo, was also there and was lovely sorting us out with tea/coffee/etc all day. I've already recommended it to my friends and family! Definitely worth it - and looking forward to picking up my pieces next week :)

Reviewed 25 February 2017

This was my first class in glassblowing, given to me as a birthday present. And what a present, it exceeded all my expectations. Jake was so good at inspiring and teaching you at the rate you could take in. Totally hands on with just two student you have a really full on day, with making small pieces in the morning to learn the process, then in the afternoon you make a piece of your choice. He drops in his wealth of experience as you need but You! make the piece, he guides when you get into difficulties. I had 7 items I made on the day all which I was really happy with. And just in case you might need some refreshment, there was coffee, croissants and biscuits. Wow when can I go again !. Even if you don't book a session, just drop along to the studio and watch and perhaps buy one of the many stunning pieces on display in the studio.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

This was a full one day course with expert tutoring,giving an insight into blowing and creating with glass. There was lots of opportunity to handle the glass (with excellent safety precautions) and learn how to handle it to create items. There was a good amount of freedom to develop your own design pieces (although you could follow set pieces if you preferred) and I am enjoying my 3 pieces ( plus the flowers)that I made.Lee and his Mum (sorry can't remember the name) were welcoming, friendly, handy with the biscuit box and had a great sense of humour.Quite the best day course I have been on.