“Excellent Experience”

Glassblowing & Paperweight making
Reviewed 28 February 2017

My husband bought a day course for my birthday as I enjoy various creative hobbies. This was definitely the best day course I've been on in ages. Jake (class tutor) was brilliant at explaining everything and answering questions. We made lots of things (there were 2 of us in the class), and it was definitely hands-on. I was a bit nervous because I'd never done anything like it, but I felt at ease and Jake was always nearby if I wasn't sure about what I was doing. His mum, Jo, was also there and was lovely sorting us out with tea/coffee/etc all day. I've already recommended it to my friends and family! Definitely worth it - and looking forward to picking up my pieces next week :)

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"present"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 25 February 2017

This was my first class in glassblowing, given to me as a birthday present. And what a present, it exceeded all my expectations. Jake was so good at inspiring and teaching you at the rate you could take in. Totally hands on with just two student you have a really full on day, with making small pieces in the morning to learn the process, then in the afternoon you make a piece of your choice. He drops in his wealth of experience as you need but You! make the piece, he guides when you get into difficulties. I had 7 items I made on the day all which I was really happy with. And just in case you might need some refreshment, there was coffee, croissants and biscuits. Wow when can I go again !. Even if you don't book a session, just drop along to the studio and watch and perhaps buy one of the many stunning pieces on display in the studio.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

This was a full one day course with expert tutoring,giving an insight into blowing and creating with glass. There was lots of opportunity to handle the glass (with excellent safety precautions) and learn how to handle it to create items. There was a good amount of freedom to develop your own design pieces (although you could follow set pieces if you preferred) and I am enjoying my 3 pieces ( plus the flowers)that I made.Lee and his Mum (sorry can't remember the name) were welcoming, friendly, handy with the biscuit box and had a great sense of humour.Quite the best day course I have been on.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Jake takes you through the whole process of making beautiful glass. He'll give you as much or as little history as you want, he's a mine of information and he puts it across so well. Being able to take home your creations is wonderful and a real talking point with friends. My wife and I made some beautiful pieces and with Jake's expert tutorage you'll have your own masterpieces! A truly fabulous day.