All reviewsmangrovescottageislandmalapascuaphilippines
Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

Since New Years is the very peak of the high season , we could only find vacancy here. We booked the beach front rooms.

Once we arrived , we got absolutely no Information about the hotel or the island , they just sent us to our room. The Room were very very small, not properly cleaned and had the smallest double bed I've ever seen , and you got a very small quilt to share. No cleaning of the rooms was done during our two night stay.

The beach by the resort was cramped with rocks and see weed . It could actually had been a nice beach , but nothing was done to make this happen.

Definitely not worth the 80 euro per night .

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennie H
Reviewed 11 December 2014 via mobile

Been with my gf 11 days there in a room in the Annex . Smell inside mould. Only fun and cold water for 1.400 pes /night. The staff give best. The manager is a gardener and repair the nice garden after the typhoon from 6. Dec. 2014. The partner, lady Windy is not a helper and the guest are like disturb the calm in this resort. In our 11 days only 2 guests coming for one night. If the owner, a English man not realized that he needs a hotel manager, that guests can come and feel well, I recommend to all, stay away from this resort. You only lost money for nothing and have to look to find food in the village ca. 10 min walk from resort.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Walter D
Reviewed 20 September 2014

I booked via travelbook and fully paid the room rate. However, when I reached the resort around 5pm, no one there, neither the staff nor the guests. I waited there over 1 hour and tried everything to figure out how can I got in touch with the resort manager, but failed. Finally, I have to leave in the dark and find somewhere else to stay for the night. Now no one refund my money back!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yysyd
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Clean room, good size, there's a small safety box. Clean sheets and towels. No TV or WiFi. They will provide a pickup from Cebu airport to the island like all the resorts around.
I was the only guest due to the typhoon i guess or the other were smarter then me. the resort is not really damaged like some other in the island.there's no fridge in the rooms so you have to claim the stairs up to the restaurant to get anything to drink and it's warm because the owner is sooo cheap to buy his own generator as the electricity work only from 6pm to 7am so good luck napping in the afternoon. Note for divers there's no dive shop at the resort so you have to drag your gears for about 8min walk. Once you done diving you will be back to sleep only as there's no TV in the rooms or wifi and there was only one staff member in every shift which is useless because there's nothing they can do for you. The owner should be honest and not accepting any booking since he's not ready instead of charging P4200 for a room and breakfast oh and there's no refund so defo not gonna stay there again and I wouldn't recommend it to any of my friends or any diver. But the dive experience is worth visiting the island.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank ramsey_sa
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights in a budget bungalow down by the beach and absolutely loved it. We paid p1,200 per night which included an excellent breakfast, choice of European, Philippino or fruit pancakes, the breakfasts were huge! The room was lovely, with a big bathroom and set in a pretty coconut grove by the beach. There is free wifi in the restaurant, we were able to Skype with family back home.
The resort is very quiet, a 15 minute walk from the hustle and bustle of the beautiful bounty beach.
We went snorkelling from the beach around the headland which was really interesting, we found a rock garden with octopus, really beautiful.
Overall we loved our stay, great value, lovely resort, would highly recommend

• Stayed: May 2013