See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 February 2015

Hotel is standard and not really a 4 star but rooms are large. Stayed here for a week until I could not take the isolation any longer. This hotel is on a main road however there is very little around it. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Bathroom is standard which is unusual as they are normally bigger.There are restaurants but for anything else you will need to go into town which means a taxi ride there and back.

The staff are friendly and helpful. The gym in the basement is OK and the indoor pool looked inviting but not tried.

Nice hotel just a bit out of the way

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2015

While on assignment in Iraq I stayed (almost continuously, except on field missions) in the Capitol in Erbil for two months.

The staff are incredibly friendly, helpful and generous - nothing is too much trouble for them and always a smile.

The hotel and rooms are very pleasant, comfortable and with good wifi.

The food and service is pleasant and good standard, but menu a little bit limited and its very nice, but over a long stay a little variation is nice. No problem however as Al Afandi Lebanese restaurant opens from the Capitol foyer and Farouq2 restaurant is across the road for an occaisonal variation.

I had a huge trunk and personal effects and hotel was most accommodating to store for me at no charge when I was traveling outside Erbil.

A great mid range hotel to stay with excellent staff. Happy to recommend, and would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: My sole reservation is ask not to be put in a room near the functions room as the adjoining rooms can be a little loud when there is a traditional Kurdish wedding or function in progress next door. The staff are understanding and will accommodate.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Davidcapitol, General Manager at Capitol Hotel Erbil, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2015

Dear Chris

We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Capitol Hotel Erbil and we appreciate your valuable feedback.

We, at the Capitol Hotel Erbil, are committed to deliver exceptional service every time and
We are delighted to hear that your stay with us had met your expectations and do thank you for sharing your kind review on Trip Advisor

Your compliments were passed on to our colleagues, who were very happy to hear about your contentment.
We are in daily process of improving our standards and our guest’s expectations.
Having also noted your comments with regard to the menu, as your feedback is extremely important to us, we are working on changing our menu.

Thank you for recommending us and I hope that we the Capitol Hotel Erbil team would have the opportunity to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Sincerely yours

Lawrence Abboud
Operation Manager

Reviewed 12 September 2014

Friendly staff, good wifi in rooms, and excellent coffee at breakfast. Definitely recommended for a mid-range, clean, comfortable hotel with everything you need (pool, small gym (sadly, next to the pool in the basement)), and outdoor restaurant. Hotel also has lobby access to an excellent Lebanese restaurant, while "Farouq 2"- known for dishing up kababs and shishtaouk at good value- is across the street.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I booked two Friends at the new Capitol Hotel in Erbil last month, during the holy month of Ramadan. Their stay was short, only 3 nights. The experience was most pleasing, the staff throughout was very responsive, accommodating and in total syndic with guest satisfaction.
Since then, I have recommended Capitol to many of my friend and business associates.
Janaal Ali

Room Tip: The new Spa facilities and Indoor Swimming pool was great. We where shown the soon to open rooftop bar and Lebanese restaurant .
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Davidcapitol, General Manager at Capitol Hotel Erbil, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest.

It’s with sincere pleasure that we receive you positive and encouraging comments about your associates visit to our lovely City and Capitol hotel.

My staff and I are gratified by your words and committed to remain on mission to deliver to all expectations.

Thank you, we look forward to be of service again soon.