“Do not stay here !” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Flyover Classic

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patiala
Hotel Flyover Classic
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Patiala
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Do not stay here !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

I had the misfortune of staying here after the company booked me and 3 collegues a room each for one night only.
It started when we arrived, the outside looked terrible and I actually thought 'what a dump'
Reception was OK in terms of service, but scanning passports and visa did take a long time though.
Up to the room in a cronky lift, I wondered if we would make it.
The room was old, and probably had no maintenance on it since it was contructed in about 1947 ! The electrics looked dodgy with black burn marks around one covering plate near the door. the light switch was near the bed - mission impossible to get there in the dark. The light was a flourescent light attached to the wall above the bed (nice !)
The bathroom had a window with no glass, just a mozzie screen. Whilst showering I could see all the way up the road ! Not an impressive sight. The ants on the floor were welcome to it.

The whole room looked dirty and in desperate need of a refurb ( or demolision?).

The double bed was harder than concrete. The single bed was slightly softer, but not by much.
The linen looked like I would catch something, so I elected to sleep in a T shirt, jeans and socks....... on top of the bed.

The AC unit sounded like a jumbo taking off, but without it the room was too hot to sleep. It did drown out some of the street noise though.

I looked out of the window and saw some people sleeping in the street, and felt jealous of them.

Rs1664 for the worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune to rest my head.

The food was OK though - even if they did mess up my order first time (it was replaced without fuss) and the price for food was reasonable.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
6 Thank coldsteve
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2010

To Everyone,
this is the worst hotel I have seen in 34 years of my life , feels that you have been given a normal room at the price of extra super delux with stinking Loo, fungus roof , full dustbin, hazy TV , partial working remote, over priced menu, No seriousness in any matter, switch boards out of wall, A/c front grill falling off,.............. , Better stay in ur car than going there

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Ash1976

Travellers are raving about these Patiala hotels

UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2009

Having travelled a considerable amount in Punjab, one of my destinations was Patiala. I booked into the Hotel as it was close to Gurdwara Dukh Nivaran Sahib. I viewed all selections of rooms, including deluxe, super deluxe and executive; the rooms were not of a paricular high standard. However, I decided to book a super deluxe room. The room that I was given was not clean and I asked for housekeeping who ‘cleaned’ the room to their standard. I was not happy with their attitude but persisted with the hotel. I ordered food for the evening – a very bland affair for a hotel that was boasting fine cuisine. On complaint, I was told that there was nothing wrong with the food. I then asked for further room service. My requests repeatedly ignored, until I saw the manager. Even then the waiters had the audacity to ask for tips even though there was a service charge imposed on the bills. In the morning I noticed that the bath was broken and held together by an ill-coloured resin, and the shower somehow leaked all over the floor. On complaint again, I was told that I was picking too many holes and should stop fussing. Who says the customer is always right. I checked out straight away and went to Hotel Narain, which was by far a better stay.

In conclusion, the staff was rude and patronising. The quality of the rooms was sub-standard and the food was abysmal. Out of all the hotels that I stayed at, this was by far the worse; I never experienced being hounded for tips by waiters and especially when the level of room service was atrocious.

I would never consider staying here – try Hotel Narain – you may pay slightly more but believe me its well worth it.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Singhbham
new delhi, india
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2009

I had arrived in patiala on 28th Feb, 09 night around 8 pm and saw this 3 or 4 star hotel (Stars is another controversy) on the right hand side a short walk away from the railway station.

1. the reception people looked too busy to even give details.
2. went for a short stroll at the Lahori gate market nearby after chec in.
3. Rooms Decor - averge.
4. House keeping - very very poor, saw the bed sheets & pillow covers which where not changed since last check out, on telling them hard then only fresh ones where changed. also the towels where changed again.
5. For Rs. 1050 it is not at all recomended.
6. Checked out the very next day morning and asked to see there 3 star certification, which was not on display or avaialble.
7. the manager or the MD was not reachable.
8. I feel they donot have any star rating as the main roof top display shows 4 stars ans they say it is 3 stars.

Most important - the hotel management doesnot know how to run a 3 star hotel - i mean by basics.

Just avoid this hotel.