All reviews luxury tents owners and staff nature reserve horse riding pony jacuzzi zebra safari game bush drive activities accommodation kids braai chalet
Reviewed 11 October 2015

I can't say enough about what I wonderful time I had at Thaba Pitsi. Natalie, Marc & Martin are some of the most accommodating, beautiful people I have met. They really go out of their way to make sure every guest is taken care of & all of their special needs are met.

Their restaurant, L'Orange Bleue, is a beacon of light on this tucked away property in the bush. Marc & Natalie are exquisite chefs who, I'm convinced, can create any type of food masterpiece to fit anyone's palette. I am vegan and gluten free and they went out & bought me special foods & cooked using ingredients they had never worked with before, yet it seemed like they had been doing this their entire lives. I felt like I was at a 5-star restaurant with my own private chefs every night. Literally everything they made for my entire group was beyond-just beyond!

I never expected to find such a jewel just outside Bela Bela like we did. But I haven't even told you about my favorite member of the family yet...Potåt. This dog belongs to Martin & she stole my heart!! She would hang out with us, follow us everywhere & give tons of unconditional love. I cried saying good-bye to her. What a doll she is.

Something I never got to do, but is worth mentioning, is that you can go on a game drive on horse-back. What a great way that would be to see the animals & not disturb them. And one of Natalie's horses gave birth while we were there, so now you can go see her new daughter named Shannon. :)

This is not your average bush camp. It has character, great food, a jacuzzi to star-gaze from, amazing energy & my favorite doggie, Patåt. If you want something unique & off the beaten path that feels like a sweet bed & breakfast, this is your place. It's very private & personal here. I can't wait to go back. I love them all & miss them already!!

Thank you Natalie, Marc & Martin for an experience I'll never forget. XX

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank ShannonElizabeth
Reviewed 8 October 2015

We stayed for only one night in a tent on the top of the hill in the middle of nowhere with Giraffe and other animals. If you ever wanted to sit in a hot tub in the bush in the middle of the night to watch the stars, you should do it here! The restaurant is great and the food very enjoyable. You don't want to miss this. Since nobody else was at the lodge when we stayed there, we spend the night talking with Nathalie and Marc over a glass of wine. You don't want to miss this either. A reason to come back!
Make sure you have a good SUV and have fun driving heavy gravel roads - but just if you select the tents on top of the mountain.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Andreas B
Reviewed 28 September 2015

If you are searching for a different way to chill-out, this is the place. You must visit this area. A lot of great area to visit with different wildlife, the concierge will assit you to choose the wildlife activity to do. Services are perfect. Great Place.

Room Tip: Choose room in the natural reserve.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Armand F
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

We were accommodated in a well furnished and private bungalow. This was ideal for a family with an infant. The restaurant is one of a kind and the food was extremely well prepared. The private bungalow was situated close to the fenced off area of the property were we could enjoy the wild life.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Calvin Rion N
Reviewed 30 April 2015

We had such a relaxing and amazing getaway with our kids. The horses, dogs, hosts and absolutely divine food makes this place very special. There is a lot to do so the kids didnt get bored and by day 2 we were all starting to relax and become at 1 with nature. Isnt that what any Joburger wants? Nathalie is awesome and Marc's cooking was amazing. Best food i've eaten in a long time! The kids even gobbled all theirs up! Wonderful ambience - loved the music in the restaurant and the lighting. You will not be disappointed! We will def be back.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family