“Totally disappointed”

Comfort Inn Bahia Dorada
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in La Herradura
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I'm totally disappointed because I made and paid for my reservation online but when we got there they told us that the price was not correct and that we had to paid double the amount that is shown online. The only reason I decided to stay there; is because I was there for vacations and I did not want to ruin them. But definitely with the money we paid there we could have gone to a better place (in Sonsonate) with better food, more activities for the guest. So if you decide to visit this place get your wallet $$$ ready.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Unike5
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 June 2009

I went with my wife for our honeymoon and was skeptical due to some of the reviews. But I gotta say, this was an extremely romantic and amazing place.

The staff was great, the room was great, the food was great, the pool was great, the proximity of the ocean was great, the hotel and parking was great, the privacy was great

THE MOONLIGHT OCEAN VIEWS WERE AMAZING AND ROMANTIC

The salt water, if there, was not noticeable to us, then again, we never use sink water on ANY HOTEL we go to. They gave us plenty of water so I don't know why some comments about that.

Also, we saw them cleaning a few times while we were there so that was not an issue.

The price was superb. I would never expect a 5 star hotel for the price of this hotel (food and drinks included) but I must say that with the quality of this hotel I don't need a 5 star hotel, they did more than enough to make our honeymoon a great expierence.

I know for sure that next time my wife and I vacation in Central America, it will definitively be at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2009

We stayed at this hotel to enjoy a wedding of some friends of ours from canada. we were unhappy with the way the service was, especially that they did not serve any water. When you are serving alcohol there should be some water available. The food was unsatisfactory, and service was not prompt. We also found that the water in the shower was not fresh but a bit salty. I would not recommend staying at this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank shadow09_9
Reviewed 25 March 2008

We were concerned after reading the previous reviews, but we were extremely pleasantly surprised! The price for the room included all taxes and ALL FOOD AND DRINKS (Iincluding alcohol before 10PM) - except water (which we found a bit odd). The staff was great - very accommodating - even with our poor Spanish. The beach was huge and the sand very nice and the pools were warm and wonderful. The salt water showers were not a problem - hardly noticed. In all we had a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2008

Would you believe six nights at the beach at the Comfort Inn Bahia Dorada almost by yourself? We checked in on a Saturday and the hotel was packed. There was a wedding in the patio area and lots of San Salvadorans were staying for the weekend. The hotel has an all-inclusive package for $129 per room (double occupancy) per night. By Sunday afternoon we were practically alone. We were travelling with friends (total 2 retired couples) and spent most of the week alone at the hotel with two pools, wait staff for food and beverages, front office staff, and security. The weekend food was served buffet style, but the rest of the week we ordered what we wanted (grilled fish, chicken, shrimp for dinners, full breakfasts, full lunches). Along with the pools, we were right on the beach. Across the road there was access to the estuary and mangroves. We took an estuary tour with Jose Misael Molina that included some fishing. Miseal was recommended by the hotel staff and was very informative (some Spanish is helpful). On the downside, the water is only warm and is salt water instead of fresh water. Considering our other experiences in Central America, this was still OK but could be improved. Our experience was different that other reviews for this hotel. Either the hotel has improved or our expectations were less than the other reviewers. We had checked out of the Club Joya del Pacifico about a half-mile away after one night (see review) before checking into the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
0.0 km away
Izalco Hotel & Beach Resort
Izalco Hotel & Beach Resort
#2 of 3 in Zacatecoluca

Been to Comfort Inn Bahia Dorada? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK