“It was the trip of a lifetime!!”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Bathroom # 3
Bedroom # 4 - 2 X Queen size beds
Bathroom Bedroom # 4
Bedroom # 5 - 2 X Queen size beds
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Lesley R
Winnipeg, Canada
“It was the trip of a lifetime!!”
Reviewed 6 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

It's hard to even put into words how amazing this vacation was! From the moment I arrived I was welcomed with open arms. From the gracious host and hostess, the amazing chef, the hard working staff, to the awesome surfing instructor....they made me feel like a part of their family. As for the BJJ Instructor Bruno Fernandes....he's a world class guy. I learned so much from him about jiu jitsu, surfing and life. One of the nicest people you will ever meet.
Casa Kickapoo very quickly became one of my favorite places that I've ever been too. The beach house was perfect from...the pool, the many hammocks, the accommodations, the beautiful grounds, the location.
This was the first time I had taken a solo vacation and I felt very safe the whole time I was there. I would have never guessed El Salvador was as beautiful as it was.
The surfing was so great!! I was so happy with the progress I made....they are really great instructors.
All in all, this trip was a life changer for me...both physically and mentally. If you love jiu jitsu and/or surfing, you have to visit Casa Kickapoo!! There is no doubt that I will be back for another stay in paradise :)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hospitality, location, new friends, food....loved it all.
Liked least: That I had to leave
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Erin O
“Can't wait to return!”
Reviewed 4 April 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Going to El Salvador for no other reason than to stay at Casa Kickapoo with Luis and Gloria is a worthwhile idea. I simply can't say enough good things about them as hosts, and as human beings in general. They are just the best kind of people. I've been on vacations where I've said, "Wow, they thought of everything"... and then I went to Casa Kickapoo. Talk about raising the bar. Aside from every detail being taken care of--airport pick ups, laundry service, seriously amazing food (Thanks, Rodrigo!), daily cleaning service, optional yoga classes, lots of hammocks and other comfy resting areas, the best surf instructor around (Thanks, other Luis!), the house being fully equipped with anything you need--they also strive to make the experience as wonderful as possible and are always looking for ways to improve. We couldn't have asked for better hosts, and I don't think we'd find better if we tried because they likely just don't exist. Luis and Gloria are it, folks.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Ghenima D
Montreal, Canada
“A little paradise that feels like Home”
Reviewed 20 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

I've visited Casa Kickapoo for a Surf and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Camp with Prof. Bruno Fernandes.
What started as a Solo trip quickly felt like visiting friends and Family, especially after the warm welcome received from the owners, Luis and Gloria. The other guests had all different backgrounds, stories, and became friends after a few days.
I was picked up at the airport and got to the house late in the evening, but everyone made sure that I had everything I needed. Gloria, and my lovely roommate even gave me clothes as my backpack was only delivered the following night by the airline.
The rooms were clean and in good condition, the food was amazing and chef Rodrigo was happy to accommodate my dietary restriction. The staff really tries to create a memorable experience for every single guest.
The daily surf instruction given by ‘Surf Luis’ were really fun and the Jiu Jitsu lessons were worth every penny.
This camp week was memorable and I can’t wait to have the chance to go back there. Give it a try!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
gentechx
San Diego, California
“Great Active Vacation”
Reviewed 15 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Luis and his staff make everyone feel like family, not a guest. The location is great and many times I thought I was in South Florida and not El Salvador. No one should miss the opportunity to attend a bjj camp here.

Liked best: The Staff
CF C
“This the family you never knew you belonged to.”
Reviewed 15 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

By the time I arrived I had corresponded with Luis, the owner a few times, and felt as if I knew him. A few of the other guest and I were picked up at the airport. It was late in the night but Luis and Gloria greeted us at the door of Casa Kickapoo.

For the rest of the week I never once felt like a customer or guest of Casa Kickapoo. I felt like I was the guest of Luis and Gloria, my friends. I guess it is true that you have friends you just have not met yet.

The surfing instruction from "the other Luis" was great as were the waves. The Jiu-Jitsu instruction from Prof. Bruno Fernandes was worth every nickel.

It was a great experience. You show up with a bunch of strangers, but you leave with a bunch of new friends. Everyone has a story., This is the kind of place where you get to know people, hear their story, and learn allot about yourself.

I am looking forward to next year. It will be like visiting family.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Liked best: Food and Service
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing