“Not bad but nothing to rave on about either”
Review of Heiroku Sushi - CLOSED

Heiroku Sushi
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Description: Try the most Japanese authentic sushi on Gold Coast.
Description: Try the most Japanese authentic sushi on Gold Coast.
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Heiroku Sushi is pretty much on par with the likes of Sushi Train. Food and value is pretty average with nothing bad, nothing spectacular either. Decor is fine and what you would expect. For the average sushi consumer, you will find this restaurant quite satisfying and probably one worth returning to.

My only gripe with the restaurant is that they restrict booths to four persons, even outside peak hours. I met a business associate for lunch at 11.30am and were not allowed to use the booths. This was despite the entire restaurant being virtually empty (only two others and us). Throughout our entire lunch, the restaurant did not get anywhere close to half capacity, let alone full.

Sitting face to face in a booth would have been far more conducive for our business lunch and we would have been in and out before any crowds (ie if they were to appear). Heiroku Sushi has now lost my business at lunchtime.

Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

I love this place. the sushi is by far the best on the gold coast it's fresh cheap and verry tasty. I am a regular customer and I often go out my way to get to this place as I'm addicted to their teriyaki and avo rolls.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

I rate this place higher than say a Sushi Train type place but it has slipped from it's previous high spot due to sometimes being great and at other times average. Got takeaway last week and it was great but our two previous visits were so so. This place is BYO so makes good value night out when you take some wine or beer, the seared Snapper is nice and the $2 Salmon great value. Give it a go and review, hopefully the owner reads and gets it back to where it used to be.

Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

This place used to be awesome then new management came in and ran it into the ground. I can roll sushi better then their chefs! They pretty much fall apart.. Really disappointing as it was a fantastic place when the old owners had it..

3  Thank Renee M
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We used to love this restaurant but a bit disappointed this visit. They have changed the owner and the food is not as good and generous as before. Very disappointed this time.