After seeing on tripadvisor that this resort was top rated I decided to go their website and book the 2 nights accommodation out of 5 night stay in Gold Coast at this resort. I did a search on their site 2 adults, 1 child and 1 infant and the dates we required. Up came a list of different available cabins, villas etc. Being on a tight budget we decided to book the ensuite cabin and paid online and put in the notes if they had cots to hire (to see if we needed to bring our own) but since they had the option of choosing infant on the search I just assumed that the accommodation that came up would be fitting. We got a reply to the cot request saying yes and told the extra cost to hire it and the confirmation of booking.
When we arrived to check in, we are told sorry but the accommodation you booked is too small for you to have a cot and we would have to stay in a more expensive extra $50 per a night accommodation and then the reception lady said it was my fault because I should of rang to make the booking and not booked it online and my partner being furious with listening to this ridicious ridicure said we wanted to go stay somewhere else then and was told that we would have to forfeit the money we had paid for the accommodation if we did so. So in the end we had to pay the extra costs.
We got to our cabin and we did notice a mouldy smell and ants in the kitchen, bathroom and bedrooms but we decided not to let it bother us at first since we just arrived and already feeling down hearted after the receptionist was so rude and then we went to setup the cot we hired and it was broken, dirty and had baby vomit inside it which of course we complained and asked for a clean cot, which they obliged, the second cot was clean but more difficult to setup than others ive used in past. The bed was not very comfortable and ants kept crawling on us. We liked the facilities had to offer on the website but you had to pay extra to use the spa, golf etc. We thought we were meant to be staying at a 4 star accommodation but it was more like a 1-2 star.
Our remaining 3 nights were spent at the atrium in biggera waters not far from treasure island we stayed in a 2 bedroom spa apartment for almost half the price per a night and there was no bad staff attitudes or bad smells, no ants, was absolutely beautiful and clean with amazing views and twice the size of the cabin and the facilities including spa and sauna were free to use etc. Definately will not be recommending or staying at Treasure Island Resort again was a huge let down and way too overpriced for what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the ultimate family holiday on QLDs fabulous Gold Coast with a stay at BIG4 NRMA Treasure Island Resort & Holiday Park. Close to all major theme parks, Harbourtown Shopping Centre & the Broadwater, its central location provides easy access to all Gold Coast highlights. There is a great range of self-contained accommodation to choose from at Treasure Island. From 1 and 2-bedroom units, cabins and villas, to 3-bedroom 2-storey townhouses we can cater for all needs and budgets. For those travelling with their own caravan, RV, motorhome or camping equipment, we have a range of powered sites which are superbly located close to amenities and park facilities. Discounted theme park tickets can be purchased at reception and our helpful staff can assist you with tour bookings and other arrangements. Whether you are after a relaxing family break or an action packed adventure holiday, Treasure Island is the perfect place for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your NRMA Treasure Island Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Island Resort & Holiday Park Hotel Biggera Waters
- Treasure Island Resort And Holiday Park
- NRMA Treasure Island Holiday Park Biggera Waters, Gold Coast