We had such a wonderful 11 day stay at Ashmore Palms that I honestly don't know where to begin in this review. So much to say...
Yes, as most reviewers state this park is very child friendly- wonderful clean pools, which they have two of. The gardens are beautiful and well kept. A great relaxing feel to the place.
Trixi' who organises most of the very early childrens activities is fantastic. She is always bubbly and super friendly to all children- toddlers right through to the teenagers. She is an asset to Ashmore Palms. She organised party games, face painting, colour in competitions, snake making and the list goes on- kids enjoyed the activities before our day out to theme parks as they mostly began at 8am.
Okay what else...
Yes, the staff are polite and helpful, not just when we where at Ashmore but also inquires prior to our bookings, emails were answered back promptly & quickly.
Our Macaw Mansion was clean and had every thing we needed for our 11 day stay. We loved the location of the macaw mansions, next to the pools but still private.
Be mindful there is no dish washer and washing machine in these villas like the rainforest retreat has, but this was not a bother to me- no washing of clothes for 11 days was actually quite wonderful. (But we did see guest laundries at A.Palms). There is also no house keeping on our stay so every 3-4 days you can take towels down to reception and swap them over for fresh ones. This was no problem and was quite the norm. Tea/coffee/sugar and small milk are provided on arrival- but not re-filled through out stay. Ashmore Palms do have a small shop (part of reception) that sells some groceries including fresh milk and bread. Even ice cream and frozen meals can be purchased here as well as gifts and of course coffee etc.
I must mention, the brochures/pamphlets in reception were handy as was the 'driving directions' A4 photo copy paper (to major attractions)- a must for new comers with no sat nav!
Ashmore palms provide a free shuttle bus to pacific fair, surfers night markets etc- great idea and lots of fun for families. Just book prior. Kids loved going on an excursion with their parents :)
The birds have to have a say here in this review- they are just gorgeous!!! And well kept. They are very noisy at 4.30 in the morning though as was the bats too. But thats their habitat and it really didn't bother us at all. We often just walked around the park watching them play and talk- which was great joy to our kids!
Just thinking what I am missing here...
Stainless steel modern BBQ's were out side our cabin- which heated up great and were clean every morning by maintenance staff. The 2 playgrounds for different age groups, where 'awesome', clean and very safe. DvD hire is available too at reception- a bond of $20.00 (which you get back on your last return of a DVD). We enjoyed watching Rio, Fantastic Mr fox and Yogi Bear after dinner.
As you can see. we really loved our stay at A.P and hope to return in the not too long future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ashmore Palms Holiday Village is a family owned and operated holiday village, nestled on almost 15 acres of lush, tropical landscaping on Australia's Gold Coast in Queensland. The Village provides a relaxed, yet central holiday setting. Conveniently located close to the major theme parks and Surfers Paradise, the award-winning village offers a range of self-contained holiday cabin accommodation, popular with families, couples, groups and business travelers. Ashmore Palms has extensive family-friendly facilities and offers free children's activities.Next time you holiday on the Gold Coast, make Ashmore Palms your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Ashmore Palms Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashmore Palms Holiday Village Hotel Ashmore
- Palms Holiday Village Ashmore
- Palms Holiday Village Hotel Ashmore
- Ashmore Palms Holiday Village Gold Coast, Australia