Kamari Beach in Santorini is the perfect combination of relaxtion and fun! We had a 17 person group travel with us to celebrate our wedding. All our guests stayed at The Boathouse and absolutely fell in love with the hotel and the staff. This was our second time staying at The Boathouse and we can't wait to go for a third time. Our friends and family are all planning another trip to Santorini and none of them would dream of choosing another hotel to stay at! The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly, passionate, and loving, the food at Almyra's and Ya-mas (the hotel restaurants) is incredible, and the personal attention from Spyros (The owner), Dianne (The Owner), Barbara, Anna, Kelly, and Agili is unbeatable. The hotel is run by people that truly love what they are doing and they will not stop at anything to make your stay unforgetable. The rooms are large, clean, and tastefully decorated. The Honeymoon Sweet is absolutely gorgeous and romantic - perfect for any wedding or anniversary! You could certainly find a more expensive hotel to stay at, but I would challange anyone that told me they found a better hotel than the Boathouse to stay at.
As I said we celebrated our wedding there, and Diane could not have been more helpful getting everything booked - offering us alot of great tips while we were planning the wedding from Canada! Thank you Diane! Spyros, Kelly, Barbara, Anna, and Agili went over and above anything I ever expected to make our wedding day/week magical. We had a fairytale wedding in Santorini because of them. Thank you! You treated us like family. We were so glad that we could celebrate with all of you - you truly are family to us! The personal touch that the Boathouse gave us was truly a display of the love they have for what they do.
Alymra Restaurant (where we had our reception) is the best restaurant we have found on the island. The food quality is impecable, the staff and service are exceptional, and the value is great. Christos and Spyros have a gem in this restaurant. Imagine eating at a high quality greek restaurant on a beach (literally the sea is 5 meters from the covered patio) with great service and unbeatable value. This is Almyra. I would have eaten there every night if I didn't think it would have been wrong for me not to have tried somewhere else.
Kamari Beach is by far the best city in Santorini to stay. You have a strip - that is pedestrian only - on beach level (the only town on the island that is at sea level) that has shops, night clubs, restaurants, bars, and hotels (the only hotel to stay at is The Boathouse). Stay in Santorini and visit the other cities on the island during the day or evening. It is so easy to get around the island as it is so small. You can easily drive the whole island in a day, although it will take much longer to truly explore all the treasures Santorini has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the spectacularly beautiful island of Santorini, a major stop on many cruise ship tours, the Boathouse Hotel is a family run waterfront Hotel on Kamari Beach about a 5-minute walk from the center of Kamari and about a 15-minute bus ride from the main town of Thira. We offer Deluxe rooms with air - conditioning, telephone, safe-box, bathroom and balcony. Our rooms are spacious and have either Seaview or Mountain- view. An extensive Buffet Breakfast is served daily from 8am until 11am, Poolside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your The Boathouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathouse Hotel Kamari
- Boathouse Resort Kamari
- Boathouse Hotel Santorini
- Boathouse Santorini
- The Boathouse Hotel Kamari, Santorini