“2nd time at Cay Beach!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Caybeach Caleta

Caybeach Caleta
Surrey
“2nd time at Cay Beach!!”
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

22nd August - 5th September 2012 / 4 Adults 5 kids
We stayed here last year, the same 2 weeks & can honestly say the FOOD was an improvement on last year, I'm fussy eater & even I found something to eat every time we went for lunch/dinner. Breakfast has never been a problem, probably the best meal of the day!! I must say it does get a bit boring, but we were prepared to eat out a few nights just to break up the evenings & get out for a nice walk around the town! Fado Rock & Miss America are our favourite places to eat out at!! Check them out.....
The rooms and pool are fine, can not fault either....
If you have read about break-ins, I can tell you on both occasions of staying at Cay Beach I have never heard of anything going on like this!! So don't let that worry you....
My only disappointment this time was the entertainment, in our 2nd week a new guy started called Harry, and all I can say is thank god!!! The guy before him was awful :-/ he seemed like he didn't want to be there, couldn't be bothered with the kids even though he did take them off to mini club twice a day if they wanted to go....but the kids said he just sat there & left them too it.....anyway Harry was the opposite & the kids loved him, from what I could see he will hopefully turn the entertainment around there!! Also the main kids club had gone this year & my kids really enjoyed it last year, so maybe they should look into getting someone back in to run one!
We was very lucky to get our holidays at a very low price the last 2 years here at Cay Beach, but after seeing the cuts this year (no more Tony Romas meal, Paella & BBQ lunches) & hearing that they are not making enough money there, they have put their prices up a lot for next year, if they are going to do this then they really need to step it up a bit, as it won't be worth the money.....if you can get a good deal then it's worth staying at Cay Beach as its lovely & clean, good location and in the best town on the island!!

This was our 5th stay in Caleta & can't wait to return again in the very near future :-)

Oh one more thing, the guys from Deep Blue Dive Centre come to the pool and let you try out the diving gear, my siter & myself signed up for the dive this year & really enjoyed it, if it interests you then give it a go.... It cost €76 pp for about 2:30/3 hrs...we had a laugh & it's something to say you've done!!
Oasis park was a good day out too, well worth the money!!

I hope this was useful, if you would like any info on days out or places to eat or even a good hotel my knowledge of Caleta is ever growing :-) so please ask!!

Happy Holidays!!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank GemmaBailey
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed 29th aug-12th sept, with my mum and was a little worried to woman on our own as you do but couldn't have stayed in a safer place! We were all inclusive and me being a slighty fussy eater was a little corcerned what the food was going to be like but each night I found something to eat! I was also concerned after reading some of these reviews as we had all ready booked it! But was pleasantly surprised! Yes the entertainment is lacking but the animation guy Harry who is great might I add, has to pay for everything out of his own pocket and from a very poor wadge, he does do water sports in the day and lots of things for kids! If the hotel payed more the entertainment would be better but then I also think if the entertainment was good we would not have gone out at night! A few places I recommend are miss America for milkshake and pancakes! Pieros for the drag show also does good pizza! Pheonix for a more adult drag show! And music hall taven for a 3 course meal and one of the funniest drag shows you will ever see! Also the oasis animal park! But wear comfy shoes as there is lots of walking
But mostly shady so you stay cool! Back to the complex the pool is big and cool but refreshing, apartments space couis yes air con and tv have to be payed for but we just slept with the window open as it has shutters as the air con is only in the bedroom and only works with the door shut so not really worth it and as for the tv we were on holiday! Plus they have no English channels any way! Tip for wifi users you have to pay! But if you walk up to macdonalds or pieros or burger king it's free!! All in all if you have young kids or want a quiet relaxing holiday this is perfect everything is a stones throw away! All in all I would go again butmaybe to another place but that's only to see more of the island! Oh and one last tip don't be fooled by the wind thinking you don't need to keep applying sun lotion otherwise you will burn, trust me!!!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Vicky21lee
WORCESTER
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Just got back from a week at Cay Beach and was very pleasantly surprised after some of the reviews I had read on Trip Advisor. We arrived in the evening and had a very efficient quick check-in at reception who told us to leave our bags and go straight to the dining room for our evening meal.

Here is a quick resume of our holiday overall.

1. Apartment - Very clean, looked like it had just been refubished - nice clean and new kitchenette area - we were a/i so didn't really use it - but there was a toaster, kettle, microwave, cutlery, utensils, saucepans, frying pan - all of which looked brand new.

2. Pool Area - kept very clean and tidy - only slight gripe was that the sunbeds were very close together but that was not a problem as you just stacked a couple of beds either side of you to give you more room.

3. Food - having read some previous reports we expected to worst and I'm glad to say were pleasantly surprised! Breakfast: juices, tea/coffee, eggs, bacon, beans, tomatoes, cereals, fresh fruit, toast, cakes, lovely fresh bread/rolls, salad, ham, cheese, yoghurts. Lunch: Lovely fresh salads, fresh bread, usually there was a pasta dish, fish dish, meat dish plus potatoes or chips and vegetables. Dinner: similar to lunch time but a different variety of fish, meat and pasta. We also had squid, fish fingers, jacket potatoes, meatballs - I thought the variety was good for what you pay - if you want five star food then you have to pay five star prices - as simple as that. We have been lucky enough to have holidays in the Maldives etc where the food has been fantastic but you are paying four times as much - so I really don't know what some people expect!!!!

Drinks: Beer on tap, soft drinks, cocktails, gin, whiskey, bacardi, sangria to name but a few - all fine and bar tenders were very friendly.

Entertainment: I think this was probably one of the areas where I would agree with past comments - not particularly good although with the resources that the 'Animacion' team (one person!!) had, he did his best. We gave it a miss most nights and just went out for a walk into Caleta which suited us.

All in all, for the money we paid for all inclusive, I would recommend it and certainly would not hesitate in recommending to friends/family.

3 Thank LWSA
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2012

As I find reviews on this site very useful I felt I would really like to contribute after spending a week at this resort. Firstly I have to say we were self catering and was so glad we were or else we would have missed out on the many lovely restaurants and bars within 5 mins walking distance of our bungalow. The accomodation was basic but clean (maid visited every other day) and swimming pool area ok. We found somewhere nice to eat every night and for those who like nice restaurants take a walk along the front heading towards the big Barcelo hotel as there is a lovely restaurant called La Paella and a bit further a really nice Italian with stunning views from the upstairs terrace accross the bay next to a place doing a fish bbq every night from 7pm. Of course like everyone else we visited Peirros and each time had a fantastic time. The acts were really good especially the Michaerl Buble and Robbie Williams tribute acts and of course the absolutely brilliant crazy legs Brian. I cannot remember the last time I was out till such a late hour with people of all ages from all places and had such a good time. Considering everyone is having a drink or two there is no trouble or even a threat of trouble at all. The beach is beautiful and again such a short walk. Overall the Cay Beach is an excellent base, the bungalows are private and surrounding areas are well kept. We would definately go back on a self catering basis and this time take a licence to hire a car as would be nice to explore this beautiful island.

3 Thank kay100_12
Ruislip, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Just got back from a week stay at this hotel and I wont be going back or recommend the hotel to a friend. It may suit other people but it did not suit me and my partner. We requested (through a travel agent) an all inclusive holiday where we wouldn't need to take much money and where we can relax by the pool. I think it was a travel agent mistake not the hotel.

Bungalow - Decent size with living/kitchen and bedroom space. Fresh and neutral decoration made it look spacious. You have to pay for air conditioning, the safety box, the TV as well as a deposit for each remote you take (I've never had to pay for these in any all inclusive I have saved in before) All these extras have to be paid in cash - we did not expect this as we asked for somewhere we did not need to worry about paying for things. There is a slight issue with ants, this may not be in every bungalow but it was in ours, the kitchen area was covered and the wardrobes in the bedroom. We also booked a double room which we did not get - we got two single beds on wheels - try sleeping in a couple on these on a tiled floor - not nice.

Restaurant - Found the variety of hot food was poor (compared to other all inclusive hotels) this lead us to going out to eat for lunch and dinner, We did try a few times but was not satisfied. The restaurant staff were very friendly and maintained the restaurant well, taking plates away when needed and changing table cloths for each new person.

Pool Bar - A number of different snacks to chose from - hot dogs, burgers, toasties, chips. A number of soft drinks and alcohol. Very friendly and chatty staff.

Cleaners - We must of had a cleaner that didn't want her job - No fresh towels all week - we ended up washing them ourselves, pillow cases were not changed until day before we left, we ran out of loo roll half way through the week and none was given.

Facilities - The pool was very nice, a nice layout and every sun bed gets the sun, however there was not enough spaces for everyone. The two beds in the pool only one was working and the two fountains on the side were not working at all. The pool area was cleaned every morning and the cleaner would ensure no one could have a sun bed until the area had been cleaned - I thought this was good as no one could reserve a bed from some silly time in the morning and it was first come first serve.

Maintenance - The reason why I put this topic in here is because on the first night we complained that our terrace light was not working and was told someone would be around to fix it - no one came all week although we kept chasing on it as at night we were sitting in the dark.

Reception Staff and Welcoming - We did arrive late at night so maybe the Receptionist was tired because we didn't get greeted in a friendly manner. We also was not allowed in the restaurant although they were still serving food until 10pm but we were given a food bag with a sandwich, pear and yoghurt. Each time we chased on the maintenance they were not very helpful and just told us to return the next day.

Resort and Near Areas - Lovely place just wish the hotel was a little more, Great things around you, sandy beaches compared to other areas in the island. Plenty of restaurants and a great bar called Piero's Music Cafe - Go There - I would go back to the island just to go there again!

This hotel may have been good if we did not pay for all inclusive which was where all our money went for the holiday....
Other guests stated they had a lovely stay and the children's club kept the children entertained. Just as a couple wanting a quiet holiday with not needing to splash the cash we were not impressed. However we did not let it ruin our week away.

Room Tip: For a quiet room you want to be away from the entertainment at night as very loud. You will not get...