We as a family stayed in Gary and Wendy's (the owners) villa in March 2017.
Simply put: we were delighted with our stay and would not hesitate to book again.
Our family comprised 2 grandmothers, 2 children and 3 adult grandchildren. So it was a real family holiday. There are so many positives about the villa and the owners that we do not know where to start, but here goes:
1. A brand new villa (In March 2017)!
2. Fully air conditioned
3. lovely sleeping accommodation: one double master bedroom with en suite, and 2 further twin bedrooms. 6 can sleep comfortably. For 100 Euros more Gary and Wendy put in an extra comfortable bed. The en-suite has a bath and a bide. The other family bathroom has a walk in shower that was perfect for the grandmothers (as they have limited mobility). There was lots and lots of hot water in the bathrooms and plenty of good towels for all.
4. One living and combined dining room. Good space and the fact that one spends most of the time outside in the grounds around, the slightly small living area does not matter. The tv had about 900 channels.
5. Kitchen (with dishwasher, oven, microwave, toaster and very nice Dolce Gusto coffee machine) and outside utility area with washing machine
6. Large grounds around the villa, with one side overlooking the gold course and the other, the street. All immaculately kept.
7. Car parking for one car but plenty of car parking on the street
8. Lots of windows so the villa is amazingly bright and full of natural light everywhere
9. Felt very very safe: that applies to the whole island
10. A smallish pool but perfectly adequate for our family. The outside temperature in March can mean the pool water feeling cold. We do not think that this would be an issue in the summer months. Day time temperatures in March were about 22 degrees day time and about 14 at night. On 2 days it was very very windy though.
11. Pin drop silence throughout our stay and the whole villa was spotlessly clean.
12. Gary and Wendy responded to all our queries politely and quickly.
13. The villa is a maximum 15 minute drive from the airport.
14. The villa is about a 10 minute walk to the lovely beach on Celeta de Fuste.
15. The villa is located well to reach any part of the island within an hour.
16. There are 2 large well stocked supermarkets near by.
17. There is a small shopping centre near by.
Finally, would we book again: yes
Would we recommend the villa to our friends and family: yes.
it was our first time in fuerterventura having holidayed for many years in mainland Spain so didn't know exactly what to expect, but I have to say we were not disappointed.
Fuerteventura is a beautiful island and caleta de fuste particularly so.
the villa :
we had a meet and greet with our hosts wendy and gary which was a refreshing change from the key code system absent landlords tend to use these days, what a charming couple they are and the added bonus of them living four doors down should they be needed.
the villa itself was simply stunning
south facing so bright , spacious, modern and to be honest the pictures do not do it justice there was only two of us but it could cater for six without any problem.
the wow factor for me though was the patio
the view was simply gorgeous. with the lush green golf course as far as the eye could see as the backdrop I have to say although we wanted to explore the island we did find it a great struggle to leave the patio !
thank you wendy and gary for a truly memorable stay
see you next year !
We had booked this lovely villa for an entire family of 6 who were our guests attending an Indian wedding for 3 days. The owners Gary & Wendy were extremely helpuful and flexible with everything. Our guests had a ball of a time staying in the spacious villa which had everything you need. The location was just perfect as it was opposite the Sheraton Hotel where all the wedding ceremonies and parties were held. We could not ask for more. The interior decoration was very modern and the exterior part was also very comfortable....ample of space to move around. You could experience the calmness of the surrounding golf course. It had a beutiful view from the top terrace as well. With its private pool you could just laze around the whole day. We recommend it to everyone with a big family who is looking for a peaceful and elegant stay on the island. It just takes a 10 minutes drive from the airport which is definately a plus point !!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||People with disabilities|
|Older travelers||Families with young children|
|Large groups||People with pets|
We stayed in this beautiful villa with my two children aged 5 and 7 and had one of our best holidays. The facilities in the villa were fantastic for the kids. The bedrooms were large and beautifully decorated and the bathrooms were perfect, with both large showers and baths too.
The villa was bright, modern and really stunning. The kitchen had all the facilities we needed and the spacious lounge was a pleasure to relax in and watch tv or eat dinner. The garden was huge, all secure with gates and wrapped around the entire villa. The pool was fantastic, and with a large outside dining area and beautiful views of the golf course, was a relaxing retreat. We visited the beach too which was a few minutes away. The kids had the best day, with the clear waters, beach restaurants and gorgeous sand, it was stunning. The restaurants and town is all a few minutes away, and we enjoyed some fab restaurants, all family friendly, at very reasonable prices and great quality food. Would highly recommend the famous Fedo steak house where your steak is cooked on a hot stone in front of you! My kids loved the nearby go karting and glass bottom boat experience! You'll have a fantastic stay and want for nothing on this holiday!
We recently spent a week at The Oceana, it was everything we expected it to be and more! From the moment we arrived it was completely hassle free. Less than 15 minutes from the airport we took a cab to the villa and immediately felt like we were on holiday. Our week was spent enjoying the sunshine, huge pool, and wonderful views of the sea and golf course. Wendy and Gary were excellent hosts and we are already looking to book our next trip in April. If you are looking for a modern, brand new 'home away from home' then this is definitely for you!