This is the second time I have stayed here. Check in was great, very quick and the free parking is a bonus. The carpark is a little tight and poorly designed so you do have to turn your corners carefully to avoid other cars. I feel the hotel is probably worthy of a 4.5 mark out of 5 as our stay was almost perfect, with only a few minor issues.
We arrived at our room and were very pleased to be on the 15th floor. We booked an ocean view room and although we had another hotel directly in front of our view, still had a good view of the water. We also had a nice side view towards Surfers which was great to see all lit up at night. The apartment was very spacious and well designed, with nice furniture and fittings. Beds were very comfy and so big! We stayed with another couple and especially enjoyed having our own bathroom each. It would have been nice to have a daily refresher of soap, towels etc, though it is stated clearly in the information pack given upon check-in that the apartments are only serviced for stays of seven nights or more, so it didn't come as a surprise to us.
The location here is unbeatable - directly opposite Pacific Fair and within walking distance to the restaurants and bars of Broadbeach. Surfers is a short drive away but still close enough (about a $15 taxi fare one way). It was perfect for us as we stayed around Broadbeach most of our trip, and only headed into Surfers a few times. There is still heaps to do in Broadbeach anyway. The purpose of our trip was to relax and we had some great nights out at local restaurants and also at the Casino.
Absolutely loved the view, we spent a lot of time out there just people-watching all the goings on outside. The pool was nice though it is not very big. There were always enough chairs out for sunbaking though which was good. I didn't use the sauna or indoor pool myself but my husband did and he said they were great too.
On the Saturday night of our stay we arrived home from the Casino at around 12.30pm to a 'party' in the room next door to us - extremely loud music which echoed down the entire hallway, as well as people yelling off their balcony etc. I was quite annoyed by this considering how late it was, so I rang reception to let them know (something I have never done before). Within 5 minutes the music had stopped and there was absolute silence next door. I think they also kicked some people out of the room as well as I heard some noisy people leaving in the lift. This was greatly appreciated and it just proved that the management really do care about the welfare of their guests, and those who abide by the rules. There were signs up in the lifts and buildings about the strict no noise/party policy and I wondered how strict they were about this, but this incident proved to me that they do take this very seriously. I cannot thank them enough for this, from past experience there is nothing worse then trying to go to sleep with noise from inconsiderate neighbours in the next room.
Overall we had a great trip, and the room rate was quite good considering we stayed over the busy Easter weekend. There were a few small things that annoyed me as mentioned including the carpark, lack of daily cleaning and also the note in the information pack threatening a $980 callout fee if the smoke alarm was set off. Needless to say we didn't cook any toast on our trip! As a guest you are also required to clean up all of your own rubbish, and again I feel this is probably something that housekeeping staff should do. But these were only minor issues, we had a fabulous time and we will definitely be back, hopefully very soon!! Highly recommend the Mantra Sierra Grand :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 250m from the beach, Mantra Sierra Grand offers modern and stylish One, Two and Three Bedroom Apartments all within walking distance of sidewalk cafes, superb restaurants, boutiques and specialty shops as well as Jupiter's Casino, Gold Coast Convention Centre and Pacific Fair. The resort offers one, two and three bedroom self-contained apartments all featuring contemporary furnishings, air conditioning, wireless internet access, full kitchen and laundry facilities. All boast wide balconies. Start the day with a sauna or spa. Swim some laps. Enjoy an al fresco breakfast. Relax in the in-house theatre. Arrange a few sets of tennis. Plan a poolside barbecue with your neighbours. Visit the patrolled surf beach waiting just a few minutes walk from your door or stroll to the sidewalk cafes and boutique shops of nearby Broadbeach. Later, dine out at one of the fine local restaurants, and try your luck at the Casino. The property offers a variety of facilities and services available to all guests including heated pools and spas, sauna, steam room, tennis court, fully equipped gym and in-house theatre. With a variety of accommodation options, numerous dining options, sun drenched beaches, boutique shopping and vibrant nightlife the resort is the perfect place for your next getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Mantra Sierra Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Sierra Grand Broadbeach
- Mantra Sierra Grand Gold Coast, South Pacific - Broadbeach