“Limited menu but tasty food”
Review of La Collina

La Collina
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Custonaci
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We had dinner here, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The owner/waitress’s English was as bad as my Italian but eventually we understood that only a few items on the menu were actually available.

I had the local speciality, Pasta Trapanese, and my friend had a plainish tomato and cheese pasta. Mine was delicious and with a very different taste. The house red wine was excellent too.

Don’t expect any luxuries here. It’s a basically furnished local bar/restaurant, but very friendly and I would highly recommend it. I’d definitely eat there again if I’m ever in the town again.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Perfect food, perfect prices! Service is really nice and helpful. I really recommend this place to taste local tastes.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We ended up here by chance on a Thursday night, and the restaurant was full, but the staff brought in an extra table from outside. The food was fantastic and the house wine great. We shared antipasti, then had vegetarian pastas and fish courses as primi and secondi. Way too much, but delicious and quite cheap. The waiter was very friendly, explained where the fish was from and joked about the size of Sicilian portions. We returned next midday for our desert, unfortunately not a full dinner as we had to leave for Palermo. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Wonderful dining experience, fantastic authentic Sicilian food, our server was great! The price was incredible for the food quality and portion size. My husband and I would definitely go again. Favorite part was the almond cookies we had with our cappuccino!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We read the previous reviews and decided to try it: an amazing restaurant: we have been eating 3 courses ( to be divided in two people; knowing the quantity of food usually served in Sicily): it was amazing. Suggestion: try the large antipasti, one primo and one secondo. We had also pasta alla norma and mixed grilled meat, one liter of white and one quarter of red, two sorbets, and one coffee for 45 euro. The restaurant was full ( we suggest to book in advance) and the cook and the owner came twice to say that they were sorry if the service was slow. Actually it was not, considering that all the table were really full.