“'Amazing'”
Review of Awatea Homestay

Awatea Homestay
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waimate
Awatea Homestay
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Our weekend at Awatea was grounding and enriching, full of enjoyable moments. A weekend away from the weekday stimulus of technology and a time to connect sharing thoughts and ideas.
Our room was perfect in every way. The outdoor bath was a memorable highlight, amazing relaxation....will have to return to do this again!
Linda pointed us to Artrio, where our coffee needs were sated, this coffee house is great. We perused the antique and craft shops where I had a wee find.
Breakfast with our hosts was delicious with just fabulous conversation full of connections and sharing of ideas. Amazing!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

We recently enjoyed a wonderful afternoon of music in the garden at Awatea. Erin sang to an attentive and appreciative audience. We have stayed with Rob and Linda and have been treated to the luxury of a wonderful reflexology session, a thoroughly enjoyable home-cooked gourmet meal and a relaxing outdoor bath. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: No preference on rooms - all are well appointed.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2013

My Husband and I were in Waimate and we booked this weekend away so that we could spend time together and relax. Well we were not disappointed. This was the most amazing weekend we have had in a long time. We were able to relax and enjoy the scenery, food and hospitality. The outdoor bath was a highlight.
I was able to have a reflexology experience..... This I absolutely loved and would highly recommend.
Linda and Rob are just the most delicious hosts...... Nothing is a problem, we felt completely at home. If you need a weekend away then this is the place.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2013

We stayed at Awatea Homestay recently and loved it! The peace and tranquility there is fantastic after a long drive. The outdoor baths are so unique and the house itself feels so homely. Food was fantastic as well.
Highly Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I was down in Waimate overnight for a business meeting and had chosen this homestay for its location and atmosphere. I wasn’t disappointed! Linda personally greeted me and showed me about. I had the outside room which was very comfortable and suited me in being able to come and go from the place without disturbing anybody else. Dinner was fresh fish caught that day by Rob and a delightful light desert. The evening was closed out relaxing and chatting with Rob. A lovely home cooked breakfast was shared with Linda and Rob and a couple who were staying for a friend’s wedding.
Linda and Rob were terrific and very easy to talk with. They made me feel just like a member of the family. If or when I get to travel south, I wouldn’t hesitate to stay again. A delightful experience. Thank you Linda and Rob.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Been to Awatea Homestay? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK