See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 February 2013

My Husband and I were in Waimate and we booked this weekend away so that we could spend time together and relax. Well we were not disappointed. This was the most amazing weekend we have had in a long time. We were able to relax and enjoy the scenery, food and hospitality. The outdoor bath was a highlight.
I was able to have a reflexology experience..... This I absolutely loved and would highly recommend.
Linda and Rob are just the most delicious hosts...... Nothing is a problem, we felt completely at home. If you need a weekend away then this is the place.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2013

We stayed at Awatea Homestay recently and loved it! The peace and tranquility there is fantastic after a long drive. The outdoor baths are so unique and the house itself feels so homely. Food was fantastic as well.
Highly Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I was down in Waimate overnight for a business meeting and had chosen this homestay for its location and atmosphere. I wasn’t disappointed! Linda personally greeted me and showed me about. I had the outside room which was very comfortable and suited me in being able to come and go from the place without disturbing anybody else. Dinner was fresh fish caught that day by Rob and a delightful light desert. The evening was closed out relaxing and chatting with Rob. A lovely home cooked breakfast was shared with Linda and Rob and a couple who were staying for a friend’s wedding.
Linda and Rob were terrific and very easy to talk with. They made me feel just like a member of the family. If or when I get to travel south, I wouldn’t hesitate to stay again. A delightful experience. Thank you Linda and Rob.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Our group of family and friends stayed the weekend for a birthday in Sep 2012. Although a large group, because of the layout of the house and grounds, there was plenty of room for all. The views, space and tranquil setting meant we could all relax and just have fun. The food was sensational and we felt completely looked after by Linda and Rob. Loved, loved, loved the reflexology sessions - highly recommended. We didn't use the outdoor baths this time but definitely will when we stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We stayed with Rob and Linda in January/February 2012 and what a wonderful experience. It was more than just a holiday, it was something I will never forget. The sense of peace and calmness stayed with me long after the holiday was over and I cannot recommend Awatea highly enough.
It is a perfect place to de-stress and unwind and you could not find a more wonderful location for people on their honeymoon or wanting to spend time together in a blissful location.
The accommodation, food, reception and atmosphere was all wonderful and I didn’t want to come home. Thank you for such a wonderful experience.
Jacqueline Harrison Morpeth, Hunter Valley, NSW Australia.

Room Tip: Speak to Rob and Linda, they will go out of their way to meet your needs and make your stay comfortable. I travelled with a family member who had special needs as he was sight impaired and Linda and Rob made sure he felt comfortable and safe.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family