All reviews visit christchurch within easy walking distance the kitchen sally unit motel wifi
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Perfect stay. Facilities were clean with everything you needed for an enjoyable stay. Friendly and helpful staff.
Max (owner) gave advice and a map of Rangiora. Dropped me off at my friend's house, which was not far.
No taxi service in Rangiora though. This is not a reflection on the motel however.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Sally B, Owner at Rangiora Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Thanks for the nice review. Rangiora has a shuttle service and taxis come in from Christchurch, but as you wanted to go close by it was quicker and more convenient to offer you a ride. Cheers

Reviewed 24 November 2016

My last night in NZ was at the Rangiora Lodge

It had everything I needed :

A warm welcome by Max. He gave me a great deal for a senior citizen travelling alone

A spacious room where I could spread out all my belongings and repack my suitcase.

A nice pub 5 minutes walk away for a cold beer and a good meal

I know here to stay when I visit Christchurch next time.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

I did a last minute booking and managed to get the last room which is a studio unit. It's great and handy to walk into town. The town has a bit of Nelson feel to it. The motel is reasonably priced, clean and has all you need. We spent only a night here as we were breaking our journey on our way to Oamaru using the inland Scenic Route 72. I'm glad I booked here as it's worth it even for a night.

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Tranquil spot outside Christchurch city while there on business. Tidy well appointed room with fantastically comfortable bed, great kitchen and clean bathroom. Half the price of a Christchurch hotel so worth the additional travel time. Friendly staff and knowledgable of the region. Great pub/restaruant 100m down the road.

Room Tip: Arrive early to enjoy the surrounding area,
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2016

This was our second stay here. This time we had unit 7 which was nice and quiet, with the sliding door opening out to a private garden.
The shower has great pressure and lots of hot water.
The one negative, the lighting is dim and hopeless for reading.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Sally B, Owner at Rangiora Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

Hi Thank you for your Lovely comments. As you know unit 7 is a very large studio and has 3 ceiling lights as well as a bed side lamp. We have taken you comment on board and now have a large portable floor lamp with a goose neck reading lamp attached. Hope to see you again.