All reviews spa bath mt hutt kitchenette unit shower heater hosts
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

The welcome we received was ok.

Had an upstairs unit. Room was nice and big and offered iron, ironing board and hairdryer etc.

Room had a spa bath (normal sized bath with jets) which was a bonus.

Location was good - just a few mins to walk into town.

Downside was that there were black hairs in the bath and bathroom from previous occupant. Not a biggie but not nice.

If you have children, suggest you ask for a downstairs unit - bathroom window flips open fully and is quite low. Easy for inquisitive child to fall out.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2017

No dishwasher, but we had to do our own dishes. I hope the person before us had washed them well??? TV old but worked, though after reading all the information available we couldn't find sky sport and assume it wasn't available, though we could watch the rugby delayed on Prime. Shower very low pressure (possibly the new style save water type) but just not a great shower, and with 6 of us in a 7 bed apartment trying to have fast showers we ran out of hot water. Only toilet is in the bathroom so had to wait for people to shower to use it. Main bed was uncomfortable. Fridge was not turned on when we got there which we didn't notice till the next morning (not something I would have thought to check). On the plus side we got a great recommendation from them for dinner, and the apartment was a great size with ample towels, dishes and such. Heaps of extra blankets and heaters.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2017

We were down for a family event Easter weekend and stayed here for three nights. It also coincided with the Dubliner Mountain Thunder bike racing event which boosted the volume of people staying. We found the hosts to be very friendly and inviting and our room was spacious, clean, warm and for the most part quiet. We had read a lot of negative comments prior to booking and as we have always been ones to make up our own minds, booked based on locality, room size and photos. Neither my wife nor I were disappointed. Yes the TV is a little dated and the channels limited but do you really go away to watch TV. I would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: A bit of noise can be herd from inconsiderate people thumping around up stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2016

We are a young couple who wanted a nice place to stay while skiing at Mt Hutt for the week. Methven Motels did not disappoint.
We chose an Executive Studio w/ Spa Bath because it housed a small kitchenette. On arrival we were upgraded to a Two Bedroom Apartment due to another couple wanting to stay on in the Studio.
Our room was upstairs, was very warm and had a fairly nice view of the mountains. The kitchenette was the perfect size for the two of us; it had a decent sized fridge-freezer, two gas elements, big pantry and plenty of pots, pans, plates & utensils. Bathroom was spacious & clean and having under-tile heating was a bonus.
Bed was comfy and the heat-pump made sure we were never too cold.
TV was small but we weren't there to watch movies all day anyway. There were 3 Sky channels (Movies/Sport/Disney) and plenty of DVDs to choose from in reception for free.
Staff were lovely and chatty.
Only downsides were the Wi-Fi was expensive (guest book said $5 for 100MB), and the Pub menu's, also in the guest book, were very out of date; we were rather sad when we got to the Brown Pub and they no longer did Pork Belly or Blue Cod!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Mocksey, Owner at Methven Motels & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2016

Thank you for staying and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I wish you had asked about the wi fi as people who book direct I give for free as I am not loosing commission to anyone. When I am asked about places to eat I tell people the menus are only a guide line as they are out of date. Some of the places are not very good at keeping us up to date with there menus. You were great customers and we hope you will come back again. You left the room very tidy which we always appreciate.

Linda

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Cheap and niggardly . Eg washed my socks and undies and left them to dry on towel rail , heated .But came home to find it turned off . Yes they turn everything off to save power the minute you leave . The tv is out of the ark. ie 20 years old the picture doesn't fit screen . They want to charge 5 per day for the Internet ! 5 star prices for a 1 star dump. No oven two rings cheap pots pans toaster that is set on low. 4 dollars for washing 4 dollars for drying and 250 dollars night . A total ripoff

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Johnkarenjack
Mocksey, Owner at Methven Motels & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

T.V is 10 years old. Even so it has a remote which you only have to pick up to alter the picture size. People change it when watching a DVD. The toaster I thought was controlled by the person putting the bread in as to how brown they want it. You were traveling with kids and they are so smart these days you should have consulted them.
Book direct and the internet is free.
I never turned off the towel rail but I would have thought everyone turned off heating and electric blankets before they went out for the day. Common sense in case there is an electrical fault and not to waste power.