All reviews children's pool kids club hotel sits rooms were cleaned every day mini disco breakfast and dinner main building clean and modern hotel both bedrooms wardrobe space lovely hotel half board meal times beach bar croatian coast sun loungers split airport
Reviewed 6 June 2017

We're just back from an amazing 10 days holiday here. We stayed (myself, my husband and 2 children aged 5 and 3) in a family room in the Pavilion part of the hotel, which is basically separate blocks from the main hotel building. We had 2 adjoining bedrooms which was perfect for us. The beds were comfy, a kettle was provided and the rooms were cleaned every day. I would say there wasn't a great amount of shelves/drawers to put clothes away but only a minor comment, we managed fine.

The main hotel building was only a couple of minutes walk from the Pavilion and we were right next to the swimming pools. The hotel itself is in an absolutely stunning location and designed so well that from everywhere you have the most amazing views out over the sea. The swimming pools, lobby bar and restaurant all have the same stunning views. The restaurant has the option to sit indoors or outdoors, the staff were lovely and the food was a good standard. There was always plenty of choice for us with a separate kids buffet too.

There's a specific children's pool, which is perfect for younger children. It's nice and shallow and has small slide and fountains for them to play in. Older kids tended to stay by the bigger deeper pool so the little ones were overrun by older kids. Beside the kids pool was also a play room with toys that kids could use freely which was a great way to coax them out of the mid day sun for a while. There was also a specific kids animation team by this pool keeping them entertained with games, crafts etc which was brilliant our kids had an absolute ball playing games with Petra and Marinella. One thing to be aware of is there are steps down to the kids pool which may not be ideal with a buggy but plenty of people there were managing to carry them up and down. All other levels of the main hotel and down to the beach were serviced by a lift or ramps.

There wasn't a huge amount of sunbeds beside the pools so I can imagine in high season there might be more difficulty in getting a bed but we certainly never had a problem.

The walkway from in front of the hotel is lined with restaurants, shops etc all the way down to the marina at the end (about a 20 minute walk) so plenty of choice of places to eat when you're there.

The beaches are all pebbly rather than sandy but this makes for the most amazing clear water to swim in. Most sections of the beach have sun loungers to hire if you want one and at the section of beach in front of the hotel they throw in a cocktail from the beach bar in the cost of the hire.

We went to Markarska on the bus, an easy 10-15 mins on the bus, nice little town with a lovely square lined with restaurants and promenade with plenty of places to stop and get a drink or some food. There was plenty of boat trips to the islands leaving from Markarska, you can get them from Podgora too there was just more choice from Mararska.

All in all this was a great trip and I'd happily recommend this hotel and resort to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank caz726
antonijacoran, General Manager at Medora Auri Family Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Wow! What an honour reading your review. We are more than happy to know we have fulfilled your expectations in every segment of your holiday.
Your recommendation obliges to keep our standard on high level and we ensure you, we will never stop developing our service, all to make our guests happy and to thrill you little bit more.

On behalf of all Medora Auri staff, I thank you for this fabulous review and we are already looking forward to your future visit.
Until then we send you our kindest regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2017

I love Croatia but also love to try new countries. When an attractive last minute offer was being advertised by Jet2, I knew I couldn't refuse a visit to one of my favourite countries...

First of all, the bus from the airport can take about 2 hours depending on drop offs, this didn't bother us.

We checked in late on a Sunday evening, the receptionist kindly offered us to go to the restaurant, to enjoy our evening meal whilst he completed the check in process. Food, on this occasion was cold, and I found that the later we ate the less warm it was. Nevertheless, on subsequent evenings, the food was consistently good and the choice was always vast. Some people have complained at 'repetition' but I didn't find this to be a problem at all. The soups and roast meats were particularly good as well as the risottos, salad bar and dalmatian-style aubergine. There's always a local cheese too and variety of cakes, ice creams and fresh fruit.

I'd requested a double room and was disappointed to have a twin. I requested a bath too, and mentioned this when we arrived to the room. I was told someone would 'get back to me' but they never did - communication was clearly an issue. These 2 issues (further to a reluctance for maids to not replenish towels and toiletries) were my only negative points.
However, the view from the room was lovely: great views of the bay and sunset/sunrise/sea. Very quiet and relaxing. Beds were comfortable.

Breakfast was great and offered lots of choice. Breads always went down well - freshly baked, from a local bakery I imagine - and in addition to the usual (cooked/continental/salads/dalmatian vegetables) there was also lots of choice for those who suffer from gluten/lactose intolerances. It was lovely sitting on the balcony eating in the morning and then as the sun was setting in the evening - definitely something I will miss doing on a twice-daily basis!

Swimming pool area was clean and I think the hotel have a good sunbed policy: anyone who leaves their sunbeds for 30 minutes will have towels removed. This meant it was always possible to get a sunbed. Beach infront of the hotel is nice though sunbeds come at a price. As a result of the layout of the swimming pool, it's difficult to swim in and tends to be more of a play area for children/families. This didn't really bother me - swimming in the sea is an option as the water is quite tranquil, but be warned: it's cold!

Live music on an evening was nice near the bar and the cocktails were delicious - we particularly enjoyed the BBC, fruitas and peach mimosas.
There's a great bar in the town of Podgora too called Banana bar - they too do great music. Both offer complimentary nuts and provide relaxing settings for chatting and chilling!

A visit to Split is recommended and can be reached by getting 2 buses - one to Makarska - I didn't really like this town, I found it less relaxing and not as clean as Podgora - (10 mins) and then about 90 mins from Makarska. It's quite cheap. We also did a Hvar/Brac fish picnic boat trip which was lovely and quite reasonably priced at £29. We booked through Punta which is just on the harbour.

Lots of excursions are possible and had we have had more time, we would have done them (Plitvice, Krka, Mostar, Dubrovnik, bike rentals etc).

A lovely holiday for a good price - excellent last minute bargain from Jet2.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank _-rachella-_1

Dear Guest,
I thank you for choosing our hotel in Makarska Rivera, and thank you for your remarks regarding your recent stay.
It is always asset to receive guest opinion about the hotel hardware, service and generally entire stay. Our mission is to continuously develop service all to create memorable experience for our guests.
We will be delighted to have you again in our Medora Auri home. Until then, please receive our kindest regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

We arrived in the afternoon in a group of 26 to find not all our rooms were available. We were allocated a twin room even though a double/ queen room was booked. It took us ages, and necessitated two different lifts, to find the room due to the strange layout of the hotel. Our safe didn't work properly so we had to carry our valuables with us at all times. This problem was reported to reception staff on three different occasions. The safe was located on floor level so you had to lie on the floor in the corridor to read the instructions. The safe was loose i.e. not secured.
The dining/ breakfast room was like a school canteen with its choice of food. Meals were not enjoyable as the area was dominated by families with noisy children.
There was no service directory in the room and staff were not helpful when information was sort.

The "newly refurbished " rooms are spartan with one chair under a built-in desk and no where else to sit.

The location of the hotel is convenient and in a great location.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Helen C
antonijacoran, General Manager at Medora Auri Family Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Dear Guest,
On behalf of Medora Auri hotel, and me personally, I thank you very much for staying in our hotel. Your comments are of tremendous importance to us, because in this way we acquire complete picture of the quality level of our services, and they provide us with objectives and directions towards continual improvements.
I feel sorry we didn’t completely meet your expectations in the matter you comment to us. I ensure you we already have put your inputs into our action plan, all to develop our service quality up to your total satisfaction.
We would be delighted if you give us opportunity to welcome you back in beautiful Podgora.
My best regards

Reviewed 23 May 2017

This was our first visit to Podgora and was booked last minute, but the hotel far exceeded our expectations. We had a small double room but was very comfortable and beautiful views of the town. Gorgeous bathroom with walk in shower. All staff were very pleasant and friendly, however the staff in the restaurant all assumed that we were German, I think as the majority of guests were. Hotel is in a good position at one end of the bay and it is a lovely walk turning either left or right out of the hotel. The scenery is magnificent, a beautiful country. On the down side it is a two hour and fifteen minutes transfer from the airport and the food in the hotel was very repetitive and not very hot.

Room Tip: Choose a bigger room to get a large balcony or terrace
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Irene H

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying in our Medora Auri hotel and for sharing your valuable feedback. This helps us find out our guests’ expectations. We are already looking forward to your future visit. On behalf of all staff please receive my kindest regards

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Our group was forty in total from America, New Zealand, Norway, England, Israel, Dubrovnik, Portugal and Canada. Everyone enjoyed it, some where upgrade to small suites, food was great and service was excellent. Not happy that they would not serve water at the table unless it was bottled and charged you for it which dropped the five to a four.
This is is a good time to visit and use the hotel as I can believe that in peak season it could be quite hectic. The hotel appears to have recently had a refurb and all looks new. Some staff need a bit of training as one could not use a wine bottle opener as it was is first week at the hotel.
Definitely on my revisit list

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank David B
antonijacoran, General Manager at Medora Auri Family Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing hotel Medora Auri for your recent stay in Podgora.
We appreciate your feedback, positive and negative ones because it helps us to meet our guests’ expectations.
I am sorry we have not met your expectations regarding the offer for tap water. It is 4-star standard to offer bottled water and of course to serve it in professional manner.
We have recently opened hotel for season 2017 and I ensure you all new staff is having a training courses, all because we want to create memorable experience for our guests.
I am happy to read you plan to visit us again, and on behalf of all staff I can say we are already looking forward to your next arrival.
On behalf of Medora Auri staff please receive my kindest regards